Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

NightBlade - Leeching Strikes w/ Transfer passive

unseenbrawn_ESO
unseenbrawn_ESO
Soul Shriven
Can anyone confirm if this passive links up with basic weapon attacks while Leeching/Siphoning Strikes is activated.?? Just looking to find out before I blow 2 points into the passive.

Transfer Passive - Bestows 1 Ultimate when dealing damage with a siphoning ability.
  • 00Serval
    00Serval
    I am 99.9% sure it doesn't, or I imagine my ultimate would charge a lot faster. That passive is only particularly useful when aoeing and using power extraction/essence drain, otherwise it's pretty much just a small boost to ultimate generation if you use strife for healing.
  • Harakh
    Harakh
    ✭✭✭
    It doesnt even Dots dont count only the initial damage count when doting
    Die Welt in einem Sandkorn sehen
    Und den Himmel in einer wilden Blume;
    Die Unendlichkeit in der Handfläche halten
    Und die Ewigkeit in einer Stunde.
  • unseenbrawn_ESO
    unseenbrawn_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I was hoping it did :P that passive + haste + Deathstroke (morphed) and a set of shadow gear giving you HP when activating an Ult. Oohh man haha
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it does when I have Siphoning Strikes on and use my bow my ultimate barely moves even when using strife.
  • ottohi
    ottohi
    Soul Shriven
    I can tell you now, leeching and siphoning strikes do not give ultimate with that passive. Strife is bugged to only give 1 ultimate charge on first hit. Agony seems 50-50. It works 100% with cripple on all ticks of the DoT. Haven't tried with drain power.
  • MasterLanz
    MasterLanz
    ✭✭✭
    My NB is also a werewolf, so I'm particularly aware of my ultimate gains wherever and however I can get them. No, Siphoning Strikes doesn't generate additional aggro, and neither do DoTs like Cripple.

So far the best combo I've found is transfer with power drain and carve.
  • unseenbrawn_ESO
    unseenbrawn_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Lanz what do you mean best combo like as far as DPS goes??
  • VileIntent
    VileIntent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm if this passive links up with basic weapon attacks while Leeching/Siphoning Strikes is activated.?? Just looking to find out before I blow 2 points into the passive.

Transfer Passive - Bestows 1 Ultimate when dealing damage with a siphoning ability.

it doesn't as leeching strikes doesn't actually cause damage.
  • binaryAegis
    00Serval wrote: »
    I am 99.9% sure it doesn't, or I imagine my ultimate would charge a lot faster. That passive is only particularly useful when aoeing and using power extraction/essence drain, otherwise it's pretty much just a small boost to ultimate generation if you use strife for healing.
    kitsinni wrote: »
    I don't think it does when I have Siphoning Strikes on and use my bow my ultimate barely moves even when using strife.
    ottohi wrote: »
    I can tell you now, leeching and siphoning strikes do not give ultimate with that passive. Strife is bugged to only give 1 ultimate charge on first hit. Agony seems 50-50. It works 100% with cripple on all ticks of the DoT. Haven't tried with drain power.

I just wanted to point out that Strife is not a DoT, it's a DD spell that only applies damage once per cast

Edited by binaryAegis on May 12, 2014 11:41PM