Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

No reduction in ult cost for ww yet?

Patchgrabber
So they fix the one thing that actually benefitted ww in 1.0.8, but not even so much as a reduction in ult cost which they said they were going to do anyway? Why wait to do this? It is very annoying for anyone with a ww character and doesn't seem like it would affect literally anything else, it's just changing one number. I don't understand all the intricacies of code, but I fail to see how lowering that cost would have broken anything else. I love the game and I'm having fun, but it just seems like the only things that get fixed for those skill lines is anything that buffs them, while the numerous and hindering bugs just keep plugging along without any notice. I'm assuming 1.1 will address at least some of these issues, but couldn't you have at least done something as simple as lowering the ult cost for ww? I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.
  • axiod
    axiod
    Another one of these threads... it was an exploit that was fixed as it is intended to work.
  • ChampionSheWolf
    ChampionSheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because how it is intended to work is completely unplayable and useless right now.
    Harbinger of The Black Wolves.
    Member of Grindstone.

Ebonheart Pact
    Tyra Ravenheim - Templar (newly rerolled)
  • Patchgrabber
    I have no problem with them fixing exploits, that should definitely be done regardless. All I'm saying is that if they had time to fix that one, and they said quite a while ago that they know ww are underperforming and are going to be lowering the ult cost, why could they not lower the ult cost too? Are they somehow mutually exclusive?
  • Fissh
    Fissh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They patch things in PTS to test out. You are talking about balance in a game released just a little over a month ago. Patience is a virtue.
    To help understand, a joke:
    Son Bull says to Father Bull "Let's RUN down the hill and sex A cow."
    Father Bull says "Lets WALK down and sex them ALL."

these "quite a while ago" and "had time to fix that one" type comments....please refer to joke above. "had time" does not embody a little over a month of live server.
    <X-Raided>
  • alexw12381ub17_ESO
    i would not be complaining, they keep nerfing Vamps, so far all they have done to Werewolves is fix exploits.... i blame fleas for this lack of thought
  • Patchgrabber
    Fissh wrote: »
    They patch things in PTS to test out. You are talking about balance in a game released just a little over a month ago. Patience is a virtue.

I am still patient, I understand there is usually a process for these things. But to me, it's not something that really needs testing on PTS, because it's not like a reduction to 500 ultimate or something is in any way going to make wolves OP. Unless they are planning some kind of shotgun patching where they fix a large number of issues all at once, it makes little sense that they don't fix this one simple thing, which is currently ridiculously overpriced. Especially when you consider the losing ultimate bug. This question may have come off whiney, but I've been very patient so far, and I've been leaving my ww character pretty much alone until they fix some of these problems. This is a shame because I happen to find ww very fun to play, regardless of the bugs. Your joke would be more meaningful if they didn't in the last patch sex just one cow.
  • kilienneb14_ESO
    Unless they are planning some kind of shotgun patching where they fix a large number of issues all at once, it makes little sense that they don't fix this one simple thing, which is currently ridiculously overpriced.

I think you may have answered your own question right there. If WW are as broken, unplayable, and useless as some people are saying, I wouldn't be surprised to see them holding off fixing one issue that'll just put a bandage on the problem and looking into multiple adjustments instead.
  • Patchgrabber
    I wouldn't be surprised to see them holding off fixing one issue that'll just put a bandage on the problem and looking into multiple adjustments instead.

You could be right, and I'm *hoping* that's what they're doing. It's just very frustrating to me that something as simple as lowering the ult cost could (in my eyes) drastically improve my ww experience, yet nothing really happens. And that's ok, like I said, I'm not angry I'm just disappointed.
  • Fissh
    Fissh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <X-Raided>
  • Fissh
    Fissh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    opps, what he said.... Things are not as simple as you think. Therefore more patience is required. More then A cow was fixed last and every patch.
    Read the joke again, you still don't get it.
    <X-Raided>