The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Deadric Vampires?

Wolfshade
Wolfshade
✭✭✭✭✭
For the creation of a new character I came across the following question:

Is it possible for Deadra to be vampire at the same time?
This comment is awesome!

**End of the Internet**
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe so. Vampirism's origin is that of Molag Bal's spiting of Arkay, stopping the cycle of life and death with unlife and undeath; vampirism was made to work on mortals, and, considering that vampirism is contracted as a disease (or directly from Bal himself or other powerful vampires), it's likely that it can only affect mortals. Perhaps vampiric qualities could be given to daedra if Bal chooses to? I can't say for certain though.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say given how Oblivion is infinite there's almost certainly a type of daedra that looks and acts like a vampire, but the disease that causes vampirism affects the mortal soul, which daedra don't have.
  • Wolfshade
    Wolfshade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I followed the following question for myself:

Is it possible that Deadra can be affected on the several ways of vampiric infection, even through alchemy?
    Froil wrote: »
    ... stopping the cycle of life and death with unlife and undeath; vampirism was made to work on mortals, and, considering that vampirism is contracted as a disease (or directly from Bal himself or other powerful vampires), it's likely that it can only affect mortals. Perhaps vampiric qualities could be given to daedra if Bal chooses to? I can't say for certain though.

I stumbled upon the loremaster's archive that all vampiric bloodlines are believed to be tied to daedric energies. But vampirism can also be caused by alchemy. If that should be the case: even mortals and daedra could create (undead) life and mortals could create undead life with deadric energies. Wouldn't that make vampires daedra and wouldnt that let mortals and daedra bestow mortals with god like powers?

In that case i need to make a vampire that used mainly daedric energies. A good lorebased background.
    ...but the disease that causes vampirism affects the mortal soul, which daedra don't have.

A good point. Till now, i didnt find any hint of a deadric-vampires in Tamriel.
    This comment is awesome!

**End of the Internet**
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Wolfshade wrote: »
    I stumbled upon the loremaster's archive that all vampiric bloodlines are believed to be tied to daedric energies. But vampirism can also be caused by alchemy. If that should be the case: even mortals and daedra could create (undead) life and mortals could create undead life with deadric energies. Wouldn't that make vampires daedra and wouldnt that let mortals and daedra bestow mortals with god like powers?

Vampires and were-beasts aren't daedra exactly, but their souls are tainted by Oblivion. The fact they both can be cured proves they aren't.