The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Vestige end

Scaletho
Scaletho
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,
Is there any Lore about the end of Vestige? Their final destiny, after ESO era heroic deeds. I'm curious about the transition between ESO era and the subsequent lore. I mean, Talos as emperor happened before or after ESO era?
Edited by Scaletho on March 4, 2024 10:58AM
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Scaletho wrote: »
    Hello,
    Is there any Lore about the end of Vestige? Their final destiny, after ESO era heroic deeds. I'm curious about the transition between ESO era and the subsequent lore. I mean, Talos as emperor happened before or after ESO era?

Talos as emperor I believe happened after the ESO era.. in the future..
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »
    Hello,

Talos as emperor I believe happened after the ESO era.. in the future..

Nice, thanks. I'll try to make some research on UESP or other reliable sources about all this lore.
  • Prophet_of_Malacath
    Tiber Septim is 800ish years away and don't forget it's 3 dudes in a trenchcoat masquerading as one, long before being deified as Talos.

It's useful to keep https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Vestige_(creature) in mind, as well as https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Souls#Vestiges - the Prophet gaslights us a lot, about his identity as well as about our importance - but in some cut content, the vestige was a "numinous" and everyone knew, as soul shriven, were a creature type.

In other words, every sacrifice-victim is dead - we died in that first quest https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Soul_Shriven_in_Coldharbour - and what's left behind is a daedric soul shoved into that persons corpse (which is what we are). This is why we reform at blue-fire shrines or with soul-gems, while normal people die; this is why we learn skills faster than most mortals; this is why we even go toe-to-toe against daedric princes.

There are thousands of soul-shriven around, but some of escaped, and this is why at Dark Anchors you hear Molag Bal gloat that we'll ultimately serve his purposes. He doesn't care that we escaped - look at the mind-shriven in Imperial City for comparison, they resist but eventually are overcome and enslaved. Molag Bal expects all of us "escaped" soul-shriven to revert eventually and became useful pawns (consider WHY even make soul shriven out of daedric souls? welp, we make great infiltrators given how we look like people).

No idea if we'll get lore in the future - but I could see a future where we're our friends & family are all aging normally, and here we are, this daedric abomination that LOOKS like the person they know but isn't really. Do heroes hunt down the abominations? Does the restoration of the dragon fires mean we can no longer rez at wayshrines? Do we degenerate into monsters eventually? Who knows
    The Pariah's Forge is an Orsimer-focused Discord RP Hub: https://discord.gg/KfuWGFDXJC
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiber Septim is 800ish years away and don't forget it's 3 dudes in a trenchcoat masquerading as one, long before being deified as Talos.

It's useful to keep https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Vestige_(creature) in mind, as well as https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Souls#Vestiges - the Prophet gaslights us a lot, about his identity as well as about our importance - but in some cut content, the vestige was a "numinous" and everyone knew, as soul shriven, were a creature type.

In other words, every sacrifice-victim is dead - we died in that first quest https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Soul_Shriven_in_Coldharbour - and what's left behind is a daedric soul shoved into that persons corpse (which is what we are). This is why we reform at blue-fire shrines or with soul-gems, while normal people die; this is why we learn skills faster than most mortals; this is why we even go toe-to-toe against daedric princes.

There are thousands of soul-shriven around, but some of escaped, and this is why at Dark Anchors you hear Molag Bal gloat that we'll ultimately serve his purposes. He doesn't care that we escaped - look at the mind-shriven in Imperial City for comparison, they resist but eventually are overcome and enslaved. Molag Bal expects all of us "escaped" soul-shriven to revert eventually and became useful pawns (consider WHY even make soul shriven out of daedric souls? welp, we make great infiltrators given how we look like people).

No idea if we'll get lore in the future - but I could see a future where we're our friends & family are all aging normally, and here we are, this daedric abomination that LOOKS like the person they know but isn't really. Do heroes hunt down the abominations? Does the restoration of the dragon fires mean we can no longer rez at wayshrines? Do we degenerate into monsters eventually? Who knows
    if you finish playing through the harborage quests, after you slay molag bal you do reclaim your soul so you would no longer be a true soul shriven

you also freed untold amounts of other souls that were also trapped in the same state

for the OP chronologically wise ESO takes place in the 2nd era

i think the rise of tiber septim was the start of the 3rd era

the ES: morrowind game and the fall of the tribunal are 3rd era

ES: skyrim takes place in the 4th era

i dont remember the rest of them
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If and when Elder Scrolls 6 comes out we’ll probably get a lore book or two for the Vestige and the events of ESO like we did for the events of Oblivion in Skyrim.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read some player saying that after all events of "Vestige Era", Daggerfall Covernant did not survived the death of King Emeric, Aldmeri had the same fate after the Veiled Alliance rebound and dead of the Queen, and Ebonheart faction broke down due a huge and nasty war between Argonians and Dark Elves (the later restarted the slavery of Argonians hence launching a revenge from them).

That mean all factions fallen in chaos and at some point later Abnur Tharn used the Amulet of King to ascend Talos to the Dragon blood's dinasty of emperors.

Do all this stands as canonical or this dramatic version is false?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the player character is different to other soul shriven/vestiges though, firstly because they're attuned to Mundus through the skyshards, and later because they get their mortal soul back at the end of the main storyline. I'm not entirely sure what happens to the daedric vestige that was animating them when that happens. Obviously they're not entirely mortal because they can still reform at a wayshrine if they're killed, but I think it means they won't degrade over time like other soul shriven. I think it also means they're free from Molag Bal's control.

I like the idea that when the Dragon Fires are relit the player character (and other vestiges) can no longer reform. It's a new concept to me but it would explain why they're not around in later games. (I know the Dragon Fires are also unlit in Oblivion and I forget what the situation is in Skyrim, but I think the vestige would have been mortal for the time they were lit in between, which was a few centuries.)
    I read some player saying that after all events of "Vestige Era", Daggerfall Covernant did not survived the death of King Emeric, Aldmeri had the same fate after the Veiled Alliance rebound and dead of the Queen, and Ebonheart faction broke down due a huge and nasty war between Argonians and Dark Elves (the later restarted the slavery of Argonians hence launching a revenge from them).

That mean all factions fallen in chaos and at some point later Abnur Tharn used the Amulet of King to ascend Talos to the Dragon blood's dinasty of emperors.

Do all this stands as canonical or this dramatic version is false?

It's all canon, but most of what happens during ESO was forgotten in later centuries because relatively few records survived. There's various reasons for that but some of the main ones are not many people having the time and ability to create records to begin with, centuries of fighting between different factions leading to a lot of important places where records would be stored getting destroyed and a fair bit of revisionist history from Tiber Septim when he took over, to make his rule seem more legitimate and inevitable.

Until ESO was released the period the game is set in was simply known as the Interregnum and refered to as a period of endless in-fighting between factions trying to claim control of the continent, while the Dragon Fires remained unlit allowing daedra to attack Nirn.

I think ZOS picked this period partially because not much was known about it, which gave them the freedom to create stories and the endless war and lack of protection from daedra gave them a lot of material to work with, but also because they knew they wanted a large scale PvP campaign and the endless war over control of Tamriel let them set one up without having the problem that lots of players would want to pick the winning side (or the one most likely to win) and that would put the other sides at a disadvantage. We already know none of the alliances win, so no one needs to worry about it.

PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

I think the player character is different to other soul shriven/vestiges though, firstly because they're attuned to Mundus through the skyshards, and later because they get their mortal soul back at the end of the main storyline.

In fact we don't get our soul "complete", we still lack part of it. And yea, the canonical version state that our character represent THE vestige, doesn't matter race, faction.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the player character is different to other soul shriven/vestiges though...Obviously they're not entirely mortal

Yes!
    & I have often wondered if our character is the quasi-mortal "Aspect" of another Daedric Prince
    (like Darien and Meridia, or that Dunmer Lady who is an Aspect of Boethiah)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Kavreiss
    Kavreiss
    ✭✭✭
    plus molag bal repeatedly states he will make sure no tales of your exploits survive.
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »

I think the player character is different to other soul shriven/vestiges though...Obviously they're not entirely mortal

Yes!
    & I have often wondered if our character is the quasi-mortal "Aspect" of another Daedric Prince
    (like Darien and Meridia, or that Dunmer Lady who is an Aspect of Boethiah)

No. We are Vestige as in the lore. that's why we made the main story for heck sake.
  • Credible_Joe
    Credible_Joe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the player character is different to other soul shriven/vestiges though, firstly because they're attuned to Mundus through the skyshards, and later because they get their mortal soul back at the end of the main storyline. I'm not entirely sure what happens to the daedric vestige that was animating them when that happens. Obviously they're not entirely mortal because they can still reform at a wayshrine if they're killed, but I think it means they won't degrade over time like other soul shriven. I think it also means they're free from Molag Bal's control.

I like the idea that when the Dragon Fires are relit the player character (and other vestiges) can no longer reform. It's a new concept to me but it would explain why they're not around in later games. (I know the Dragon Fires are also unlit in Oblivion and I forget what the situation is in Skyrim, but I think the vestige would have been mortal for the time they were lit in between, which was a few centuries.)

I think I do remember something about how it's incredibly rare for a soul shriven to be a perfect facsimile of their mortal shell; and that's what makes them "The Vestige" instead of just a soul shriven.

I think when The Vestige gets their soul back their shell is still Chaotic Creatia, but now sparked by your own soul instead of Coldharbor. And I think you're right on the money about the Dragon Fires. We're technically Daedra; just sparked with a mortal soul that fits into our shell like a glove, and otherwise indistinguishable from any other mortal (besides the main character stuff).

It's funny to think that somewhere in the world, there's a mass grave full of worm cult victims where our original corpse is moldering away in.
    Thank you for coming to my T E D talk
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiber Septim is 800ish years away

According to uesp Tiber Septim was most likely born in 2e 828 which is 246 years after ESO's start date(2e 582), 800ish years away would be closer to Elder Scrolls: Morrowind's time.

Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is eso even canon to the series? I see it has alt universe.
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is eso even canon to the series? I see it has alt universe.

ESO is canon, yes.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is always the same year in ESO, and that has been the case for ten of our years, which is equivalent to thirty in-game. History is going to be strange enough after that loop ends, without considering one individual’s part in it. It will probably look like multiple people being one vestige, or something equally bizarre.
  • DTLight
    DTLight
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    It is always the same year in ESO

still one of the most bizarre decisions they've made, really. They should've just stuck with what Orsinium started, with moving the years along.

The Vestige is different because they are a "paragon Soul Shriven"
    Such are the facts. What follows is speculation, born of conversations with the Sojourner during his infrequent and unpredictable visits. His theory is that the Soul Shriven's bodies are flawed because they have lost the focusing principle of their Anuic souls, so their vestiges are imperfect patterns. I concurred that this was likely, and then proposed the theoretical possibility of a Soul Shriven who, despite having lost his or her soul, possessed some other intrinsic Anuic aspect. This shall-we-say "paragon" Soul Shriven would form an unflawed body in Coldharbour that was a perfect duplicate of the body worn in Mundus. In fact, if this paragon bore a sufficiently high Anuic valence, upon contact with Padomaic creatia its body would form almost instantaneously.

The Sojourner scoffed at my theory, but seemed taken with the idea nonetheless. He went on to speculate that if such a thing were possible, it would probably occur in a situation where the Mundus was in existential jeopardy. In that case the Heart of Nirn would spontaneously generate such "paragon" individuals as a way of defending itself from destruction, in a manner analogous to the way the mortal body fights off infection.
    Chaotic Creatia: The Azure Plasm by Doctor Rhythandius

As for the their soul and the daedric animus--we don't know, I think. The answer could be anything from

- Like the other soul gems Vestige "consumes", they "consumed" it, which would be quite morbid
    - it replaced the daedric animus with their own animus (soul) leaving them even more of a quasi-daedra than before (most likely, imo)

Basically, post MQ, the Vestige is in a weird quasi-daedric state. Not really mortal, not a daedra, just some other weird thing entirely.
    PC EU - @Ender_Tender
    Gallaf ddarllen ychydig o Gymraeg
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭
    DTLight wrote: »
    ghastley wrote: »
    It is always the same year in ESO

still one of the most bizarre decisions they've made, really. They should've just stuck with what Orsinium started, with moving the years along.

The Vestige is different because they are a "paragon Soul Shriven"
    Such are the facts. What follows is speculation, born of conversations with the Sojourner during his infrequent and unpredictable visits. His theory is that the Soul Shriven's bodies are flawed because they have lost the focusing principle of their Anuic souls, so their vestiges are imperfect patterns. I concurred that this was likely, and then proposed the theoretical possibility of a Soul Shriven who, despite having lost his or her soul, possessed some other intrinsic Anuic aspect. This shall-we-say "paragon" Soul Shriven would form an unflawed body in Coldharbour that was a perfect duplicate of the body worn in Mundus. In fact, if this paragon bore a sufficiently high Anuic valence, upon contact with Padomaic creatia its body would form almost instantaneously.

The Sojourner scoffed at my theory, but seemed taken with the idea nonetheless. He went on to speculate that if such a thing were possible, it would probably occur in a situation where the Mundus was in existential jeopardy. In that case the Heart of Nirn would spontaneously generate such "paragon" individuals as a way of defending itself from destruction, in a manner analogous to the way the mortal body fights off infection.
    Chaotic Creatia: The Azure Plasm by Doctor Rhythandius

As for the their soul and the daedric animus--we don't know, I think. The answer could be anything from

- Like the other soul gems Vestige "consumes", they "consumed" it, which would be quite morbid
    - it replaced the daedric animus with their own animus (soul) leaving them even more of a quasi-daedra than before (most likely, imo)

Basically, post MQ, the Vestige is in a weird quasi-daedric state. Not really mortal, not a daedra, just some other weird thing entirely.

That book says "theoretical possibility of a Soul Shriven who, despite having lost his or her soul, possessed some other intrinsic Anuic aspect."

To me, that implies there was Aedric influence of some sort somewhere which keeps the Vestige from being daedra, even when their soul is in the hands of Bal. The heroes of TES are often implied to have Aedric inspiration of some sort. Some are even thought to be possible Shezzarines, though that would contradict the "intrinsic Anuic aspect" thing quite a bit. Interestingly, the book also seems to imply such with "the Heart of Nirn would spontaneously generate such 'paragon' individuals".
    Edited by jaekobcaed on September 10, 2024 11:17PM
    Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
    TES megafan since Morrowind
    [PC/NA]
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Prophet gaslights us a lot, about his identity as well as about our importance

It's astounding how much people seem to miss this, then taking any tiny wording detail and in-universe speculation as face-value :lol:

The Vestige arc is a bitter taste from the old base game storytelling, and a sad memory of the not-that-good game ESO was at the time, also storytelling-wise.
    They were well-advised to put this aside and to let the focus move freely to any chapter's story instead, quickly replacing the intro zone at Coldharbor with other starting zones.

My concerns about "the" Vestige:
    A vestige?

In my opinion the idea of a unique Vestige is deeply flawed to begin with.
    We're not even sure it is a dev-intended sort of "canon" fact, besides the main character syndrom displayed by the base main questline. A syndrom that could be arguably applyable to 90% of the quests in MMORPGs, since they are always designed and built as (solo) RPG quests. (i.e. even the Scholarium's story let you think you are the first character ever to enter it for centuries, yet it is obvious the place is open to the wider Mages Guild and adventurers' crowd afterwards.)

But I notice most players and all the fans' sites still treat the Vestige and this story as if it were a unique being, each player pettily headcanonizing one's Main Character as this unique Vestige regardless of any logic in a multiplayer world.
    Yet the starting scenes and base story already stated there were a continent-scaled "Soulburst event" and also, thousands of characters were captured and sacrificed by the Worm Cult, quite some of them being able to escape one way or another.

So my first point here:
    Even if "the Vestige" story is about exceptional stuff (championning Meridia and fighting Molag Bal in person) it is by no means less a multiplayer-multiple Class of characters than "the Sorcerer","the Thief", "the Nebarra/Psijic", "the Archaeologist", "the Scholarium scribe" and so on.

My second point is ALL the Fans sites writers (who are solo RPG players thinking as solo RPG critics) are wrong, and I won't elaborate on that any longer.

But even if they were unique, in the end of the day, we should see all this happening everywhere all at once as a Warp in Tamriel, a Dragon Break of some sort.

What being Vestige implies?

To come back to OP's main point, indeed the story of the a Vestige is not neutral. Said character is a high-end powerful and mystical champion, personally supported by Meridia and, most disturbingly, a soulless being - a former Soul Shriven.
    A rebel to Molag Bal's rule.

Narratively, you can have been a peasant or a godlike magic user, all your backstory's previous power is removed by this starting event and you have to regain it, by training and finding sky glass - which is a convenient justification for the adventure.

TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I will ensure no tales are told of your valor." -Molag Bal

My hot take is that Molag and most likely the other princes we pissed off will one day join forces to erase up from history. In this way, our adventures can continue to be quite grand despite no undying songs being written about us.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).