The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Falling endlessly?

skarvika
skarvika
✭✭✭✭
I somehow managed to glitch through a boat in Glenumbra and now I'm falling and can't seem to get back on land. I've tried /stuck and relogging and can't think of anything else to do. I sent a bug report, but they're taking a while to get back to me...anyone else have this problem?
QQing is a full time job
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally hit the bottom! :p This respawn worked and now I'm on land again! skn0edgqq49r.png
    QQing is a full time job
    Options
  • Hestia
    Hestia
    ✭✭✭
    I am falling ENDLESSLY in Cyrodiil.

- /Stuck does not work here.
    - Travel to player doesn't either.
    - I have relogged multiple times without the success to fix.
    <Alatreon> Daggerfall Covenant | International | PvX | Adult Community | TS3+Mic required.

Recruitment Thread & Website
    Options
  • Kuiper
    Kuiper
    Do a /Stuck, then log-off for 15 mins (without making any selections). Hit 'Nearest wayshrine' option after logging back on, and you'll be fine. I was falling for over a half hour, and this is the only way I was able to get back to solid ground.
    Options
  • Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭
    unless you don't have a wayshrine available....you cant use them if you have not revealed them yet....you also cannot use them if you are in an area that prevents their usage...and you also cannot use a way shrine if you are not showing an icon on your map.

In addition the command stuck simply kills you...you don't move....the command that moves you is reloadui...if you are too far below the threshold of a map....the actual killing of yourself also will not give you an option to do anything but respawn where you are.

So um.....interesting information....but doesn't work for everything.

By the way an interesting thing....if you fall your character screams a lot.....it seams the game considers this a form of message you are sending...and will log you out after a bit for too many messages being sent.

From the pictures above you look like you are actually touching something....for me I was touching nothing...just falling and screaming.

teleport points and jumps are not allowed when you are too low....you get an error message that says "You are not able to jump in this location" or "you are not able to teleport in this location" or "you may not use a waypoint in your current location"

anywise thought I would add to the information....someone pointed out this link to me.
    Options
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has happened a few times since I posted this thread...here's the only workaround I've been able to find that isn't too inconvenient.
    1. Unequip all your gear
    2. Type /respawn
    You may respawn still falling, but just keep doing this and eventually you will be placed back on solid ground in front of a wayshrine and won't need to deal with the issue of destroying all your gear by respawning. This has worked for me every time. o:)
    Edited by skarvika on April 9, 2014 11:06PM
    QQing is a full time job
    Options
  • Skagkiller1233
    i get shot out of the server for my current falling endlessly
    Options
  • frankb16_ESO26
    frankb16_ESO26
    Soul Shriven
    enn4i0wdli5w.png
    e3m3hcc7d0xa.png

I had a similar problem when I was doing the beta test a couple of months ago. See screenshot I fell through some unfinished scenery in the side of a mountain :open_mouth:

According to the helpdesks - You can get out of the problem by just fast travelling to wayshrines for a coinage amount, but I didn't do this.

The way I got out of it was like this - I went towards where I wanted to go and went out to where the water was, it autosaves every so often, but when you restart the game, at least for me, I came down in the water, and then promptly died. Then when I respawned, I went to the nearest wayshrine.

Hopefully this helps?
    Edited by frankb16_ESO26 on May 11, 2014 3:07PM
    Options
  • frankb16_ESO26
    frankb16_ESO26
    Soul Shriven
    Just looking at the date stamps on these pics and it was 2 months ago! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: How time flies!
    Options