The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

What does Sunnamere mean exactly?

Gordias
Gordias
✭✭
As Votary Nahlia said in one of the dialogues, what does Sunnamere exactly mean?

"Sunnamere. I wonder what it means? I never gave it a second thought before."
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Aldmer, or Altmer in origin. Didn't they say it was underneath the Mage's Guild Hall in Sunhold?
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Gordias
    Gordias
    ✭✭
    Does it mean "under the SunHold"?

All I can find is this (from https://elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/66257)
    Dame Nahlia,

Why is it that the Mages Guild believes Sunnamere is only roughly a thousand years older than the Mages Guild, placing it in the third millennium of the First Era, even though its architecture is supposedly ancient Aldmeri.

Kind regards,

Faenlidor Snow-Searcher

Sunnamere’s role in the whole “discovering the Scholarium” tale has made it mildly famous across the guild. Which is a change, since previously it was best known for being drafty, moldy, and awkward to staff because of the problems up in Sunhold. Sunnamere as a site absolutely predates the First Era. I’m not actually sure when it was built? But it was long before Ulfsild’s time.

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Sunna" definitively means "blessed" in Ayleidoon (as well as Dunmeri, btw).

For "mere", I'd have to look up if there's already some other term which we have a translation for.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire