Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Signs mixed up in Riften?

Windy_Player
Windy_Player
✭✭
Is it just me or are the signs mixed up in Riften? Bank says merchant and Chef says bag expansion and others too.
Odd.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey @Windy_Player where are you seeing this, exactly? Is it the icon text on the Riften map when you hover over them? Is it the text you see when you move the cursor over the signs? Something else? I logged into PC NA and am in Riften now, and don't see what you're describing.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On PS5 EU the flags outside the bank are scales instead of a chest, not sure if that is what is meant here1dyxxed1drvn.png
    Soupy twist
  • Windy_Player
    Windy_Player
    ✭✭
    The signs hanging over the bank for example. There are two merchant symbols hanging outside the building rather than the bank signs. The maps have the correct symbols and text blocks tho. Lots of other signs are wrong too.
  • Windy_Player
    Windy_Player
    ✭✭
    I'll reload my game and see if that fixes it.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thank you both. I see the bank/merchant sign mismatch while running around Riften now. If you have other specific examples let us know and we'll pass them along. Could you also report this in-game as a bug? Thank you!
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Windy_Player
    Windy_Player
    ✭✭
    Reloading game did not change the signs above the Riften Bank.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those crafty merchants in Riften will do anything to grab your coin!

"Am I the bank? Funny that you ask. Did you see the sign out front? I will be happy to hold onto this gold and all your precious items for you. Off you go..." :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on June 18, 2024 4:19PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you both. I see the bank/merchant sign mismatch while running around Riften now. If you have other specific examples let us know and we'll pass them along. Could you also report this in-game as a bug? Thank you!

How does this sort of thing happen? Was there any change that touched these object references? Is it related to the bug where holiday assets are available out of season?
  • Windy_Player
    Windy_Player
    ✭✭
    BTW, my friend sees the merchant tabard above the bank too.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »

How does this sort of thing happen? Was there any change that touched these object references? Is it related to the bug where holiday assets are available out of season?

It has been that way for years and no one noticed, or saw fit to mention it, until now.

2015. Bank is in background. Can clearly see the scales on the signs of the bank. Interestingly, at some point, they removed the trees.

9puwa7zgjq17.png
    0beq2rco7hta.png
    ddafecm6kh7g.png

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

Not sure. With this being a base-game zone, I wonder how long it's been like this. Has it always been like this and someone just noticed? Either way, we've got a bug in for it. :smile: If you all notice any others, let us know!

Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Malkorga
    Malkorga
    ✭✭✭

Not sure. With this being a base-game zone, I wonder how long it's been like this. Has it always been like this and someone just noticed? Either way, we've got a bug in for it. :smile: If you all notice any others, let us know!

As mentioned by Elsono, yes it has always been this way.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sounds good, now I'll be looking for it. It's an easter egg hunt!
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malkorga wrote: »

As mentioned by Elsono, yes it has always been this way.

A lot of bugs go unreported.
    Reported bugs go un-fixt, many people stopped seeing the point in reporting bugs anymore.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is non relation to what's going on.. but it would be an awesome idea to put Galathil The Face Sculptor (The npc from Skyrim) in the rift so that people can make a small alteration to their charecters apperance... like changing the hair/skin color for a small coin fee.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow... In 10 years I will write about the remaining decorations after the event and Jessica herself will answer me.
    PC/EU
  • Jacozilla
    Jacozilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that prefers zos NOT fix this? The sign swap really fits the scheming, shady nature of Riften.

If you played Skyrim, the eso lore of Riften goes even farther than what we get in eso, and from my pov, the sign mischief is totally in character for this city.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jacozilla wrote: »
    Am I the only one that prefers zos NOT fix this? The sign swap really fits the scheming, shady nature of Riften.

If you played Skyrim, the eso lore of Riften goes even farther than what we get in eso, and from my pov, the sign mischief is totally in character for this city.

*laughing* Oh so true!

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bank sign has been wrong for 12 years now. I reported it a few times in beta but have come to appreciate that it’s just one of Riften’s quirks.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never noticed. 🤷🏼
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on NA PC. Same thing. I am surprised that I never noticed this before.
    - Monster Slayer
    - Savior of Nirn
    - Adventurer Across a Decade
    - Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often
    - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do crafting writs in Riften but never really paid attention.

I did notice years ago that the set crafting area nearby had either two clothing signs or two woodworking signs instead of a clothing and a woodworking sign and posted about it, they changed that.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's the chef's tent. It has a bag sign in front and back.

bq8hot7dmbvu.png
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well,I remember me and others reporting this on beta 2013 days.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It has always ALWAYS been like this. I reported it in beta testing. Now it’s just part of Riften’s charm.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche