The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Loremaster's Archive- Gathering your questions about Scribing

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all! Here is your 24hr warning to get your Scribing Lore questions in by tomorrow, May 7 by 10am ET. Votary Nahlia looks forwards to answering your questions!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To whomever it regards at the so called Order of the Lamp.

When I heard people talk about this "scribing" I thought they were talking about some boardgame popular in Mir Corrup, but no it's allegedly an actual thing, and I can't wrap my mind around why it's a thing?

As an academy educated battlemage I'm familiar with both martial and magical techniques, and I simply learn new spells, or I craft new ones to fit my needs using spellcrafting, I don't use some "grimoire" and strange ink to do it, the only ink I use is for writing letters, like this waste of it. Then I heard scribing is also used for martial combat, and not in a way to enchant your weapons. That's when I knew these people are simply mad, and I might have worshippers of the Mad God in my midst! Because you learn and practice weapon and combat techniques, then use the correct type for the result you want. If someone asked me how to cause their enemies to bleed the most with daggers, I'd suggest they would use serrated ones, enchanted if possible, and aim for major arteries, not rub them with a book, ink or other nonsense.

Tribune Aquila Venator

(Bolded part I suppose is my question, the rest is elaboration to the question, and to be in character. This is frankly an odd loremaster's archive in my opinion, because limited theme and the scribing feature itself feels very game mechanic-y of what I've seen.)
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have tried to get "in character" to compose a question about Scribing, but each time I have done so I encountered a temporal paradox that I was unable to overcome.

I wonder if this opportunity to ask the Loremaster a question will reappear after Scribing has actually been installed on the Live system and one of my characters has had a chance to meet Votary Nahlia and embark on "The Second Era of Scribing".
    PC EU
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone for your questions! We'll be back in a few weeks with answers from Votary Nahlia!

We are moving this thread to the lore section of the forum. Thanks!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all! We have answers! Please check out the link to the Loremaster's Archive and thanks again for submitting your questions: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/66257
    Staff Post
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you for the spoiler warning. it think confirming that the questions are being answered from the perspective that the questlines are already completed frees up things significantly. these archives are always appreciated
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 17, 2024 12:56AM