High Isle music in Merryvine Retreat

Goren
Goren
✭✭✭
I've watched several youtube videos showcasing the Merryvine Retreat house on the pts and I wasn't entirely sure if the music in the background was edited or some other track was still playing so now I checked it out by myself and as it turns out the music of High Isle is being played inside the Merryvine Retreat house. Which is a bummer to be honest and I don't understand why the music of West Weald wasn't used. I mean, I'm just one person, others might like it but what are my options here besides complaining? Turn off the music every time I visit this house or use music boxes. I'm already using music boxes in my main house and I have to say they become repetitive over time so a variety of them would be necessary. I've counted 46 music boxes on this list , 3 of them you can earn in game and 5 of them are available in the crown store with 1 of them being different every now and then. That's not much from what is available even if you don't consider whether you like the melody or not. So your old fashioned business model of "fear of missing out" makes it quite difficult to solve this problem.

It would be nice if you implemented a tool which lets us select our own desired music, give us the option to buy more music boxes, add a bard as a house guest with up gradable songs or let the music of West Weald play inside Merryvine Retreat.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    new music didn't get added to pts until i believe the first week so it makes sense the videos didn't have it.
    but it is odd that Merryvine still doesn't have new music.

this sounds like a bug
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, if someone could provide a video with Merryvine Retreat playing High Isle music, that would be great. Things look fine on our side, so we're trying to pinpoint if this a current issue or just something that impacted PTS and has since been addressed.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Goren
    Goren
    ✭✭✭
    This video showcases my third recording.

It's my third recording because at first I started in West Weald and walked right up to the house and entered it from there while the West Weald music was playing and it carried over without that iconic intro when you visit a house (starts at 13 seconds). On my second try I teleported right into the house while my character was currently in a different zone. The result was the same as in my third recording, which you can see in the video. I did a third try because I thought maybe it would make a difference if you teleport into the house or use the main entrance, but it seems like that's not the case.

It didn't came to my mind that this might be a bug, so I wanted to apologize for being a bit harsh in my original post.
    Options
  • Goren
    Goren
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Hello Kevin, I just wanted to ask you if this topic is indeed related to a bug and you guys are working on fixing it or not. The reason why I'm asking is because I'm considering buying the house during the zenithar event and right now I'm spending my time doing 28 quest for the requirement. However, if the high isle music is intentional, then I won't be buying it and I can stop doing these quests.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    We'll check in on this and see what's happening here. Thanks for the reminder ping.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Goren
    Goren
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Just heard back from the team. The incorrect music playing in Merryvine Retreat will be fixed in the next incremental on June 17.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Elyon3019
    Elyon3019
    Soul Shriven
    There is still the High isle music , at least in a preview.
    Options
  • Goren
    Goren
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm. It's also not noted in the patch notes.
    Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The bell sound. Can this be removed? It goes non stop.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The inn house inside Skingrad also has the same problem.
    Options