Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[FIXED] No longer able to preview new houses without owning the chapter?

MotherOfMoss
MotherOfMoss
✭✭✭
This is sad. First tried to port to Merryvine from the crown store to look around. Could not.

Then rode to Zhan Khaj Crest to enter by the door, got the house loading screen... and then was thrown into Elden Root? :D

I'll get the chapter eventually, just not today. Really fail to see what's bad about sneaking a peek at the new houses in the meantime (They've been on PTS forever and youtube videos abound. I don't have room on my computer for PTS.).

I don't think it's been this way with new houses in the past, even when they are in the new zone? And Zhan Khaj at any rate is not even in the new zone :'(
Edited by MotherOfMoss on June 18, 2024 9:21AM
PC-EU | Long-time fan of TES Online: Furnishing and fashion simulator with massively multiplayer online chatting features.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    that seems like a bug
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    image.png?ex=665ff2c4&is=665ea144&hm=ed10302ce101e1fe7ef4beaed0569736933e8dc712ad7b186961def3a320efe5&=&format=webp&quality=lossless

I get that message when trying to preview from the crown store. Now I'm thinking I might not be able to visit when someone buys it, and that definitely wasn't always the case.
  • MotherOfMoss
    MotherOfMoss
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    that seems like a bug

Yeah I highly doubt it's a bug, given the message. Although the Elden Root bit was weird :D I guess there is a bug that allows me to enter through the door, and then because I cannot actually load the house, it dumps me in my alliance capital. But if I try to port to Zhan Khaj from the world map, now that I have discovered it and can see the icon, it also gives me this "unfortunately we have decided that even to look at this property, you must first buy our newest chapter" message.
    Edited by MotherOfMoss on June 4, 2024 8:49AM
    PC-EU | Long-time fan of TES Online: Furnishing and fashion simulator with massively multiplayer online chatting features.
  • MotherOfMoss
    MotherOfMoss
    ✭✭✭
    WolfStar07 wrote: »
    Now I'm thinking I might not be able to visit when someone buys it, and that definitely wasn't always the case.

Ohh dear I didn't even think that far D: let's hope not.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, just wanted to follow up here. This issue with the new chapter house not being available to preview is not working as intended. You should be able to preview the house. We have made note of this for the dev team and they have it on their list to fix with a future incremental.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MotherOfMoss
    MotherOfMoss
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for the response, that's reassuring!
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd. I couldn't TP to it from a wayshrine but I did ride up to it and enter via the gate. It looks really nice!
    Crown Crates are a trap. Don't fall for the gamble! Balance? What Balance? Balance, smellance.
    Necro for them RP feels.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The final phase of PTS is meant to test access issues like this regarding whether the game is accurately gating people from content based on what they don't own. I guess this wasn't caught during that process this time around.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • liliub17_ESO
    liliub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, just wanted to follow up here. This issue with the new chapter house not being available to preview is not working as intended. You should be able to preview the house. We have made note of this for the dev team and they have it on their list to fix with a future incremental.

Confirming, not fixed yet. Maybe next week.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Confirming, not fixed yet. Maybe next week.

there hasn't been an incremental patch yet
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • HelloTeka
    HelloTeka
    I've decorated Merryvine and my friends that doens't have Gold Road just cant port in to use my house. They said "content locket". Is it a bug @ZOS_Kevin ?
  • MotherOfMoss
    MotherOfMoss
    ✭✭✭
    Already confirmed above that this was not working as intended. It is now, following today's patch: I can preview both houses and don't have the chapter, so I think your friend can also visit your house now. :)

On a tangentially related note, Zhan Khaj Crest is not visible from the Lion's Cradle part of Lunar Champion Hall, although it logically should be (Lion's Cradle is visible from Zhan Khaj). It should be right about where my cursor is in the image, seen from Lion's Cradle, but there's nothing there: fjcyszn0q9wu.png

Hardly the most important thing, just something I happened to notice :D glad to see the new houses now!
    Edited by MotherOfMoss on June 17, 2024 8:17PM
  • MotherOfMoss
    MotherOfMoss
    ✭✭✭
    ... There is actually still a minor issue with porting to the new houses. When you hover over the house marker, you still see this message:

vdhrbxtmkf7g.png

And then when you click to port, you see both:

p36z7s6igtt6.png

I think this is a bit problematic because A - a lot of people might think that porting still doesn't work when they see the upgrade message and because B - some players might get the impression that unlocking the chapter will also grant them the house.

@ZOS_Kevin I hope the ping is OK – since you already wrote here once, here's a quick follow-up.
    Edited by MotherOfMoss on June 18, 2024 9:07AM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @MotherOfMoss Thanks for the ping. We'll pass this along to the team. Thanks for the update.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post