Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC gamepad initial scribing quest issues

SolidBear
SolidBear
Soul Shriven
Using Xbox controller during initial scribing quest, after creation of new soul magic skill, was unable to obtain the skill as it had a plus symbol next to it, when exiting the menu screen caused the game to become blurry and the ui and menu disappeared, forcing me to use task manger to close game. When re loading game, all skills in soul magic are missing except for new scribe version when using gamepad, but when using mouse and keyboard, all are shown. Also if using gamepad and go into soul magic skill line, and backing out, repeats the issue of missing menu and ui and screen going blurry
Edited by SolidBear on June 4, 2024 7:01AM
  • RiverBrian
    RiverBrian
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same issue last night. Even the Esc button doesn't do anything. You have to hit the windows button and close out from the desktop
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @SolidBear @RiverBrian Are you running any addons, by chance? There was a similar issue yesterday that was being caused by an out-of-date addon, and disabling fixed the issue.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • RiverBrian
    RiverBrian
    ✭✭✭
    @SolidBear @RiverBrian Are you running any addons, by chance? There was a similar issue yesterday that was being caused by an out-of-date addon, and disabling fixed the issue.

Yes, but I have all addons that change the UI turned off, BetterUI is one that screws up a lot after big updates. I'll turn them all off when I get home from work and see what ones messing it up
  • LatentBuzzard
    LatentBuzzard
    ✭✭✭
    Just had this myself. It worked fine yesterday with a gamepad but bugged out today on a different character so it must have been one of the add-ons updated since yesterday. Bug Catcher did catch a number of bugs at the time but unfortunately due to the screen corruption I couldn't check who was throwing them. A /reloadui resolved the issue though.

Edit: For me it looks like it's LUI Extended that's causing the issue which makes sense as it's also currently preventing people from seeing the skill style button when using keyboard and mouse.

Second Edit: You can also just use keyboard and mouse for that one specific step of the quest and it doesn't bug out. After that you just go back to gamepad.
    Edited by LatentBuzzard on June 4, 2024 2:58PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just had this myself. It worked fine yesterday with a gamepad but bugged out today on a different character so it must have been one of the add-ons updated since yesterday. Bug Catcher did catch a number of bugs at the time but unfortunately due to the screen corruption I couldn't check who was throwing them. A /reloadui resolved the issue though.

Edit: For me it looks like it's LUI Extended that's causing the issue which makes sense as it's also currently preventing people from seeing the skill style button when using keyboard and mouse.

Thanks for the confirmation!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dak Janiels has a new version of LUI Extended out on Minion. Baertram has explained that Dak has been co-developing the add-on with Art of Shred but doesn’t yet have perms to update the original listing for the add-on, so a new one had to be made.

I’m not sure if this addresses the Scribing issue, but it did fix the errors I was seeing in gamepad mode in combat.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @virtus753 What's the correct procedure? Did you uninstalled the older version of LUI (ArtofShred) and replaced it with the new one ( DakJaniels)?
    Edited by redlink1979 on June 4, 2024 5:00PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @virtus753 What's the correct procedure? Did you uninstalled the older version of LUI (ArtofShred) and replaced it with the new one (by DakJaniels)?

That’s a great question — you might want to post it on the esoui.com for the new version!

I encountered the UI errors in the middle of combat in a HM prog last night and did what is probably not the best thing because I didn’t want to hold up my group for more than a single reloadui: I just installed the new version alongside the old one.

Since the new version is a full version, I don’t think I need them both installed. I may move the old one to a backup folder and leave only the new one, unless instructed otherwise by the authors.
  • SolidBear
    SolidBear
    Soul Shriven
    Yes have addons installed, including LUI extended. Have uninstalled that and see if that is the cause