Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

I think ESO needs a few additional Character Alt friendly features.

elven.were_wolf
elven.were_wolf
✭✭✭✭
There have been many changes over the years that has made ESO more alt friendly. However, there are just a few more things in my opinion that also need to be account wide to make ESO more complete.
1. Account wide Eidetic Memory Lorebooks: There are now almost 7000 lorebooks in ESO and I know they don’t unlock anything, however as a Completionist I would love to have them unlocked on all my characters to lesson the tedious grind. Note: the books I am referring to excludes mages guild books.

2. Account wide motifs: As above there are now hundreds of motifs in the game, and although learning the motif unlocks the corresponding style page on all characters, it’s hard to make multiple master crafters when you have to level all of their crafting skills, grind the skill points said crafting skills then you’re still not done, because then you have hundreds of motif pages that you either have to grind or pay billions of gold for per character.

3. dungeons skyshards, mages guild lorebooks and wayshrines become visible on your alt account if you have discovered them on your main character. They are greyed out so you still get xp by going near them/ collecting them but it helps the alt grind.

4. Additional sources of transmute crystals like overland dailies and guild dailies: There are so many gear sets in the game and as meta shifts each patch, and new gear is added, we have to farm new gear for all of our alts with each new update. The transmute costs really add up to fully equip a new character, even with a full sticker book. Currently the only sources to get them are Either dungeons, arenas or PvP. These sources aren’t friendly to whole player base. Some people prefer the other parts of ESO, like questing, world bosses, world events and overland content and you need gear sets for all activities of the game.

5. Make master crafting stations an account wide collectable furnishing, so it’s available in all houses and you don’t delete it by accident.
Edited by elven.were_wolf on May 4, 2024 11:20PM
Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. Account wide motifs

There are many reasons this is a good idea.

Personally I'd appreciate it because the character I've learned all of mine on is one I'd delete or start over if that were possible.

Like many players, I'm on and off. Love Elder Scrolls. ESO delivers on some of the promise of an ES online game beautifully and fails terribly in others. On the whole improving and scribing looks to be one of the best improvements.

I started playing through the main and all quests on that character then got stuck on a main bug quest which prevented male bosmers from pulling a lever. I'm not kidding.

Took over 2 months to fix. So that completely broke my momentum.

Then ZO changed the wood elf racials. I didn't exactly love them to start with but they got worse.

etc. etc.

Returning to the game after a long absence I find arcanists very much to my tastes and having a full character roster, needing to delete. Fully horse trained, trait researched, psijiic'ed, all pvp shards etc. characters.

Again. Ugh.

Would have deleted this character, except for motifs.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first three alt friendly to me, at least not for those of us who prefer to play our alts as separate characters.

I do agree that the master crafting stations should have been accountwide collectibles if they were going to be bound-on-purchase, as they are.
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm opposed to anything more becoming account wide. Isn't healthy for the game.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first three alt friendly to me, at least not for those of us who prefer to play our alts as separate characters.

I do agree that the master crafting stations should have been accountwide collectibles if they were going to be bound-on-purchase, as they are.

Also agreed.
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I'm opposed to anything more becoming account wide. Isn't healthy for the game.

And also agreed.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • VisitHammerfell
    VisitHammerfell
    ✭✭✭
    1. Definitely agree. Not every toon is gonna do every single quest or visit every little spot. There's thousands,. I would like to read them whenever.
    2. Disagree. There is not much benefit to this besides being able to do master writs. You can use styles at the outfit station. It would kill the motif market, as people will buy them for alts to boost master writ drops. Also it wouldn't work with master writ drop chance
    3. Absolutely, this is so annoying. Hell, even extend it to things like geysers and vents.
    4. 100% agree. I never have enough. 9 vet trial ready characters. 12 PvP builds. I can never afford to try out a solo or fun overland build :(
    5. Seriously! Why is this not a thing?? Nobody is making mulitple of these. That should be our big reward for doing all of that (and please make quest only select the thing and we don't have to still scroll)

Also quick note Jubilee coffers and Tales of Tribute are sources of transmutes
    Edited by VisitHammerfell on May 5, 2024 5:00AM
    FOR THE COVENANT! 🦁

PS NA 2200+ CP
    PS EU 1300+ CP
    PS NA Alt 500+ CP

Bring back Crafty Lerisa (with same voice actress)

Bring back Sergeant Seyne
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really #1, 3, 5 to be thing for sure.

Stay safe :)
    Options
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of these things you suggested will be a thing in the future. In the end they reduce the data stored on the server if they are account wide. Rather than character based.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motifs being character specific is a big part of the reason I made 1 character to be a dedicated crafter rather than spreading it out around my characters like I have in other games. It would be nice to have the option to craft stuff on my other characters (I like the idea of them making their own equipment) but I'm not going to do that now because it would be absurdly expensive and time consuming.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the title, but unfortunately the opening post is completely the opposite and is proposing fewer character alt features, not additional ones.

The game has already swung too far towards account-wide things from its original balance. I'm wholly opposed to the further erosion of what is for many players the whole purpose of playing multiple characters, and no more account-wide changes should be contemplated.

They are not the answer for those who simply want to rush new alts to endgame, and I'd happily support the introduction of instant max character tokens in the Crown Store for those who are just after an endgame objective rather than trivialising the progression of multiple characters for those who actually want to play the whole game with them and not just the endgame.

Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only Sith deal in absolutes. So I don't oppose a full ban on all accounts wide things. But I do think it should be done with caution.

Some things should remain character specific for both the economy and for immersion of individual characters.

1. Eidetic memory I support. Some of these books aren't even available after finishing the quest. Being able to just roll an alt and get it solves a lot of issues.

2. Motifs. I disagree. The style page is already unlocked account wide. Motifs being character specific leaves something for player trade.

3. This seems okay as long as it's toggable feature so those who don't want to use it don't need to

4. Opposed. Transmutes drive players into group activities that need the population

5. I agree. This is already an expensive process.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on May 5, 2024 10:59AM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    * Account wide Eidetic Memory Lorebooks

This might be alt friendly, but it is not character RPG friendly, which is built on in-game character progression. Find the book, read the book, know the book, otherwise, don't.

* Dungeons, skyshards, mages guild lorebooks and wayshrines

Again, might be alt friendly but is not character RPG friendly. That said, ZOS is already providing Crown bypasses for some of this. The bypass should not be the default.

* Account wide motifs, additional sources of transmute crystals like overland dailies and guild dailies, and all things crafting

The game design for crafting started out on a very nice path. It was relevant and felt meaningful. The way it ended up sort of feels like the person who was voted Most Likely to Succeed in school but ended up a career cashier at Walmart, instead. The whole style system is bizarre and inconsistent. Worse than that, it no longer feels meaningful. The coin-operated Star Trek replicator did not help, it just provided a bypass for the whole system. I really don't think there is a fix, other than scrapping it and hoping something better rises from the ashes.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    All i really want for making it properly alt friendly is to be able to access my alts inventories from the bank. Just put each of the character names under the "guild trader" option in the same sequence as in character choosing menu - or in alphabetical order I frankly don't care as long as I get access without having to relog so much, it's really inconvenient, and this would be a fantastical qol improvement.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilumia wrote: »
    All i really want for making it properly alt friendly is to be able to access my alts inventories from the bank. Just put each of the character names under the "guild trader" option in the same sequence as in character choosing menu - or in alphabetical order I frankly don't care as long as I get access without having to relog so much, it's really inconvenient, and this would be a fantastical qol improvement.

I wouldn't have a problem with that (although it wouldn't necessarily be related in any way to guild traders), but I suspect ZOS would from the point of view of overloading the database and adding to performance issues.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    this would all be awesome!
    i would be so happy with account wide motifs, furnishing plans too, so i don't have to worry about accidentally learning new ones on the wrong character
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely agree with #1. This is a monumental effort to collect all of them on just one character. I think if it were AWA it would also relieve some of the problems that they are trying to be address with the severe trimming of the mail system timers. I have missed a bunch of books on my main that are in trials, and now she is no longer my trials toon due to shifting requirements. She no longer has the gear or build to do well in trials. Being able to learn these on my trials alt and count towards the progress so far would be great.

The others are fine with me. It would be nice to know furnishing plans and motifs on all toons but they are far easier to obtain than eidetic books on alts.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For 1, absolutely. There are several books only available during quests that are unobtainable if you miss them. The solution of porting to someone else when they're doing the quest isn't practical at all.

For 2, I can see both sides. Crafting isn't all that difficult to level up, and there's nothing wrong with having only one or two crafters on an account. At the same time, I wouldn't cry if they made them account wide.

For 3, yes. If you've found it once, mark in on the map for everyone.

For 4, not sure. Transmute crystals are easy to get. During the anniversary event, the crystals I was getting in the boxes went to waste because I'm already at 1000, and I rarely do dungeons or other activities that award them.

For 5, yes. Definitely should be a collectible furnishing.

Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    why would you need multiple Master Crafters? That is a huge skill point expenditure for a character. And having the free Title from the account wide achievement does Not give every character level 50 in crafting. Each character would have to go through that process. Sure, you can give other characters recipes that your Master Crafter already has, but it does not do them much good since the Account wide stuff went into effect. Smarter just to sell them if they have much value and make sure your Master Crafter gets first crack at all new recipes.

Must be talking about console. Destinations Addon for PC shows everything when you zoom into the zone on your map.

Thats a PvP issue. I have one account that has about 950 crystals and the max is 1000. never used one. Always used crafted gear.

Why would they make One crafting station type Account wide when None of the normal ones are? That's just saying ' Never Ever buy/use any of the normal stations again '.

:#
    Options
  • Elyu
    Elyu
    ✭✭✭
    There have been many changes over the years that has made ESO more alt friendly. However, there are just a few more things in my opinion that also need to be account wide to make ESO more complete.
    1. Account wide Eidetic Memory Lorebooks: There are now almost 7000 lorebooks in ESO and I know they don’t unlock anything, however as a Completionist I would love to have them unlocked on all my characters to lesson the tedious grind. Note: the books I am referring to excludes mages guild books.

2. Account wide motifs: As above there are now hundreds of motifs in the game, and although learning the motif unlocks the corresponding style page on all characters, it’s hard to make multiple master crafters when you have to level all of their crafting skills, grind the skill points said crafting skills then you’re still not done, because then you have hundreds of motif pages that you either have to grind or pay billions of gold for per character.

3. dungeons skyshards, mages guild lorebooks and wayshrines become visible on your alt account if you have discovered them on your main character. They are greyed out so you still get xp by going near them/ collecting them but it helps the alt grind.

4. Additional sources of transmute crystals like overland dailies and guild dailies: There are so many gear sets in the game and as meta shifts each patch, and new gear is added, we have to farm new gear for all of our alts with each new update. The transmute costs really add up to fully equip a new character, even with a full sticker book. Currently the only sources to get them are Either dungeons, arenas or PvP. These sources aren’t friendly to whole player base. Some people prefer the other parts of ESO, like questing, world bosses, world events and overland content and you need gear sets for all activities of the game.

5. Make master crafting stations an account wide collectable furnishing, so it’s available in all houses and you don’t delete it by accident.

Agree with all of those. (although my reasoning for motifs is simply "so I know I have learnt this on my crafting char so don't accidentally waste 50k gold on an alt" - i.e. make it "learnt" on all characters of an account)

Would add: account-wide horse training (once you have reached 60 points in either speed/stamina/inventory that line then becomes available for all characters).

Regarding whether these changes are "RPG" friendly - simple solution, add an option to turn on account-wide features so people can choose their level of immersion.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rereading this I would agree with #3 if only applied to Mages Guild books and not the others. They are so hard to find on console.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭

1.I don't see any practical advantage to this. Not all of us are completionists.

2. You're asking for ZOS to remove a Gold Sink and a Time sink.

3. They addressed this request already. Once one character has all the shards in a zone, your alt can buy them from the Crown Store. This serves as a lesson in how to be careful about what you ask for. See (2).

4. Yes. Take them out of dungeons and put them anywhere that gold drops.

5. See (2).

Edited by LaintalAy on May 6, 2024 8:35PM
    PC EU
    UTC+10:30

seasons will pass you by
    Options
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is so needed. Transferring items between characters is massively unfun bc it forces a full stop on you actually playing the game.

It'd be a huge QoL if we were able to access just the gear on other characters from the character we were actively playing without logging in and out. That would also lessen database size bc those of us with multiple of copies of the exact same gear could delete all the copies.
    Options
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

I wouldn't have a problem with that (although it wouldn't necessarily be related in any way to guild traders), but I suspect ZOS would from the point of view of overloading the database and adding to performance issues.

Wouldn't cutting down on the login/logout/login/etc merry-go-round to find and swap stuff directly between toons lighten the server traffic?
    And the only effect it ought have on the database would be syncing it between 2 toons in one step Vs doing that with more intermediate steps moving inv from toonA to the bank to toonB with the multi-step logins in between anyway.
    This is an invitation to discussion.

Edit to add: I wouldn't have a problem restricting it to a banker location, just so players wouldn't be tempted to do it 40 times/day from anywhere they happened to be standing atm.

Edited by twev on May 7, 2024 2:52AM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Account wide Eidetic Memory Lorebooks: absolutely yes. I proposed this innovation a long time ago, but although ZOS had a great opportunity to realize it, with the advent of Apocrypha and the world of books, unfortunately it was not followed up. It would definitively solve the problem of unreachable post-quest books

2. Account wide motifs: I'm not in favor of this. Crafting motifs are not only useful for in-game trade, but are a source of income for ZOS, which sells them through the crown store. I don't think they would be willing to give it up. Furthermore, it is right that something is left purchasable: let's remember that ZOS is not a non-profit company, and they must rightly earn money somehow.

3. dungeons skyshards, mages guild lorebooks and wayshrines become visible: yes, why not ? I'm using addons for this, but I'm aware that only pc players can use addons. So yes, that would be a great improvement.

4. Additional sources of transmute crystals: disagree. I'm against it, unless the cap is removed from transmute crystals. I easily reach the transmute cap, and then it's cumbersome to find an intelligent way not to waste them. The OP forgot another copious source of transmute, which is Tribute. In any case, those who do not participate in dungeons, arenas and PVP (as the OP indicated) do not have that much need to constantly craft new sets for their toons: to participate in quests, world bosses and world events, there is no need to be meta.

5. Make master crafting stations an account wide collectible furnishing: I'd like it, but I don't think it will become a thing in the future. Let's see.
    Edited by Rishikesa108 on May 7, 2024 3:14AM
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
    Options