The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

how to deal with a rahjin curse spammer

raguvy
raguvy
who spams a curse card every turn? is it better to deal with each curse card by converting or destroying it, or spam them back each turn? thanks in advance <3
  • sayswhoto
    sayswhoto
    I'll give some general suggestions (not patron specific):
    1. Spam them back while building an economy. Pure Rahjin spam while ignoring cards in the tavern tends not to be sustainable into the mid and late game. 3 gold each turn usually requires a robust economy for it to be a winning strategy. Either that or enough power cards to ensure a quick 40 prestige in place of an economy.
    2. Deck cycling (such as Crow, Psijic, and Almalexia cards) help to reduce the impact of Bewilderment cards.
    3. Ideally, Bewilderment cards should be destroyed or converted to a writ, but, in practice, continuing to buy cards from the tavern often takes the priority. I would writ/destroy Bewilderment cards opportunistically. Consider balancing how many non-Bewilderment cards vs. Bewilderment cards and think about the risk of severely limiting win conditions (example: diluting combo's or delaying power generation).

In general, consider what your win condition or planned strategy is (economy, power rush, combo'ing, etc.), and then asses the risks of the Rahjin spam and any mitigation (strong economy, cycling, already having a significant lead in power generation).
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just concede and move on to the next game. Even if you win, the match wasn't worth playing.
    Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psijic deck helps I almost always select this deck and it helps mitigate the problem
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options