The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Weapon Glyphs vs Poisons

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
So, when should I use what?

Poisons are applied at 20% of the time and give varied outputs

Glyphs, have the same ability over and over. Do they give a status effect?

Thoughts on when to use what when?

Tankz,

z
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Glyphs as I find them easier to recharge. If you have a couple of World Skill Passives, you harvest Soul Gems to recharge quite easily.

As for Status effects, if you have Passives that enhance elemental effects, enchantments can proc those.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glyphs are much more reliable as they're guaranteed to proc on a short cooldown and have a high chance of inflicting status. Alchemy Poisons have a low proc chance with no guarantee, rarely inflict status, short uptimes, long cooldowns, and generally underwhelming effects. There's a couple good niche ones like the double dot or the escapist with 4sec immovable, but Alchemy Poisons really need to be buffed at least with better uptimes and guaranteed proc windows.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
    Options
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @xylena_lazarow i used to run escapist a lot, pretty handy, but compared to glyphs, I am not so sure now...
    Tankz for the share
    Options
  • SPlDER5
    SPlDER5
    I run a stam drain and a poisoned enchant on my frontbar dual wield. The stam applies sundered, and poison applies… poisoned. But with blighted blastbones and ele sus on the backbar that means I have access to every status effect in the game, and right now status effects are cracked.
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unless you desire a specific effect that only poisions provide, enchantments are better in almost all cases.

The one exception being if you use a sword and shield on backbar, in such case poison's can out preform enchantments.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Unless you desire a specific effect that only poisions provide, enchantments are better in almost all cases.

The one exception being if you use a sword and shield on backbar, in such case poison's can out preform enchantments.

Hi @NyassaV ...would you please explain to me how? i put a poison glyph on my mace (thinking a poison status will decrease their health and heal) , but what poison would you suggest instead
    Options