The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

New block bug?

LadyAzura
LadyAzura
✭✭✭
So when doing dungeons today with my friends I experienced a bug that seems to break block. It was a bit strange because I could still bash, but not block. Not 100% sure what caused it as it seemed to be working and then all of the sudden it wasn't. I've managed to get a clip of it and all the 'troubleshooting' I tried, to see if I could fix it, as some of the previous block bugs could be fixed by roll dodging or un-equipping weapons.

This has only happened once so far, and I am hoping it is a one off and it has only occurred after the small patch they implemented with maintenance. I am on PC NA.

As you will see in the video it took me a little bit of time to notice it wasn't working, and this was because I couldn't get Turning Tide to proc (since it procs off a blocked attack + bashing). I also use an add-on that tracks when I am blocking and that wasn't working either. I showed an example of what it looks like at the start of the video.

I tried to fix it by roll dodging, swapping bars, un-equipping weapons and re-equipping, getting CC'd, staggered, stunned, and dying. I also noticed that sprint was broken as well. The only way to fix it is leaving the instance (or relogging, I assume)

I wonder if it has something to do with interacting with objects, as I did in the dungeon. Another thought is that maybe it could be a bug with void bash/shield bash. Hopefully the video can be helpful to the devs!

Just curious if anyone else has encountered this yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWSrHziw3ss
@LadyAzura | PCNA | youtube.com/@Azuraaaaaaaaa
  • LadyAzura
    LadyAzura
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention that I have already placed a ticket for this, but it seems easier to visually show what is happening in real time.
    Options
  • Yudo
    Yudo
    ✭✭
    I can reproduce block dropping by blocking twice in a row and hold the second block.
    Happens every single time.
    Edited by Yudo on April 24, 2024 7:30PM
    Options
  • LadyAzura
    LadyAzura
    ✭✭✭
    Yudo wrote: »
    I can reproduce block dropping by blocking twice in a row and hold the second block.

oh that's crazy, i will have to try it myself
    Options
  • Yudo
    Yudo
    ✭✭
    Yudo wrote: »

I tried to test it a bit more and realise that this was because I had Syrabane's Ward mythic. Will reported separately instead.
    Options