The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ZOS, please unlock our accounts on thursday.

xclassgaming
xclassgaming
✭✭✭✭✭
At this point, im tired of waiting and i think we all are. Just do it on the thursday please, don't delay any longer. I want to play the game again and before anyone even brings up the code, no. That isn't the same at all. At all. I want to play MY CHARACTER. Not mr has no eso plus and no gear or cp or even gold.

ZOS, please don't delay it, please. Starting to feel like we are low priority at this point and i don't think anyone will appreciate having to wait ANOTHER weekend either, that's just another kick in the teeth. We have already missed half of the anniversary. And what a way to rememeber the 10th anniveray, missing half of it and being locked out of our own accounts for no fault of our own...please don't make it any worse. Just please unlock us on thursday, please.
Give us clannfear mounts!
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    As a coder, I have to have a lot of patience. A lot. Bugs take time to find and then to fix. I understand that very, very well. What makes me angry, though, is when regularly scheduled maintenance seemingly takes priority over getting our accounts back without any indication as to why it was necessary to place scheduled maintenance as a higher priority.

At this point, getting the accounts restored should be TOP PRIORITY.

@ZOS_Kevin, I would like to know for what reason the maintenance schedule was kept for consoles on Wednesday. What does this have to do with getting our accounts back?

Did the Monday maintenance for PC have anything at all to do with fixing our accounts? If not, why was it implemented? Could ZOS not have waited until after they restored the temporarily locked accounts?

If you could get us these answers at least, it -might- soften this latest blow.
    Edited by CyberDiva on April 23, 2024 2:12PM
    Options
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyberDiva wrote: »
    As a coder, I have to have a lot of patience. A lot. Bugs take time to find and then to fix. I understand that very, very well. What makes me angry, though, is when regularly scheduled maintenance seemingly takes priority over getting our accounts back without any indication as to why it was necessary to place scheduled maintenance as a higher priority.

@ZOS_Kevin, I would like to know for what reason the maintenance schedule was kept for consoles on Wednesday. What does this have to do with getting our accounts back?

Did the Monday maintenance for PC have anything at all to do with fixing our accounts? If not, why was it implemented? Could ZOS not have waited until after they restored the temporarily locked accounts?

I am not a coder but I am pretty sure that maintenance is a requirement for the health of the servers and the game for everyone else. So that should be where their priorities lie.

I don't know how many accounts have been affected by this but I am pretty sure it is a tiny minority of the number of actual accounts that play ESO on a daily basis. So I don't think that a tiny minority of players should take precedence over the health of the servers for everyone else.

If there is weekly or fortnightly maintenance, then I am sure it is a necessary evil.

I am sure ZOS are doing everything they can with the resources they have to get folks their accounts back.
    Options
  • eveboufa
    eveboufa
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone see this Thursday maintenance posted anywhere?
    Options
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eveboufa wrote: »

Nothing yet from zos....hopefully soon or tomorrow....
    Options
  • Seyverin
    Seyverin
    Soul Shriven
    We should be happy, if we are able to play again this weekend. Personally, I don’t see it happening, but let’s try to, somehow, be positive I guess
    Options
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Pretty sure the ZOS staff what works on the console maintenance have nothing to do with the PC IT guys who work on resolving the issue.
    2 different teams.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
    Options
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure the ZOS staff what works on the console maintenance have nothing to do with the PC IT guys who work on resolving the issue.
    2 different teams.

Even if true, that does not explain the Monday maintenance going ahead.
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2 different teams.

It was probably already scheduled internally before the PTS situation happened, and Maintenance is a different team than the devs who are working on fixing the lock-outs, so there would have been no reason to stop the maintenance from happening.
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • CyberDiva
      CyberDiva
      ✭✭✭
      eveboufa wrote: »

They did not say it would be Thursday for certain. What they said was that due to the Console Maintenance on Wednesday, the absolute earliest they could consider doing a maintenance to fix this problem is Thursday. Gina then stated that they would tell us the date and time later. So we do not even know if it will be Thursday. We just hope it is.

95r3usni3458.png

You can find the post in this screenshot HERE
      Options
    • CyberDiva
      CyberDiva
      ✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      2 different teams.

It was probably already scheduled internally before the PTS situation happened, and Maintenance is a different team than the devs who are working on fixing the lock-outs, so there would have been no reason to stop the maintenance from happening.

If that is correct, and everything was already ready to go prior to this account problem, it does make sense. It does not make this situation any less frustrating, however.
      Options
    • Anachronian
      Anachronian
      ✭✭
      The other maintenance are needed to keep the servers online and to fix ongoing issues.

To be honest, asking them to focus on the locked out accounts now is probably difficult, due to pressures to continue development and patching for the PTS and keeping up the live servers.

I hope they can give us daily updates on the lockout situation and on compensation. I may feel like we have been left behind or are lower priority, but this is not the case... mostly. Even if they had rollback the entire PC-NA Megaserver to revert issues that came about from the initial PTS launch on April 15, 2024, that can cause other issues, and potentially lead to more accounts being impacted, not less.
      Options
    • CyberDiva
      CyberDiva
      ✭✭✭
      The other maintenance are needed to keep the servers online and to fix ongoing issues.

To be honest, asking them to focus on the locked out accounts now is probably difficult, due to pressures to continue development and patching for the PTS and keeping up the live servers.

I hope they can give us daily updates on the lockout situation and on compensation. I may feel like we have been left behind or are lower priority, but this is not the case... mostly. Even if they had rollback the entire PC-NA Megaserver to revert issues that came about from the initial PTS launch on April 15, 2024, that can cause other issues, and potentially lead to more accounts being impacted, not less.

I too would be against rolling back the entire server. Although, if I told my boss that he was going to be locked out of his account for a week and a half or more, he would stare at me and then tell me that was unacceptable, that we have a business to run, and that it better be fixed in one week with Overtime Approved if needed.
      Options
    • Anachronian
      Anachronian
      ✭✭

I too would be against rolling back the entire server. Although, if I told my boss that he was going to be locked out of his account for a week and a half or more, he would stare at me and then tell me that was unacceptable, that we have a business to run, and that it better be fixed in one week with Overtime Approved if needed.

I'm guessing they're also debating internally how to modify the compensation and handle it, since announcing it earlier ended up with a certain segment of the player base being angry over it.
      Options
    • Muizer
      Muizer
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that's pretty much the situation. With the caveat that it was probably this boss who decided against the server-wide roll-back in the first place. I don't think any dev would be keen on gambling on a yet to be written script / job to fix things in such a short time span. But seems like that's what's happened.
      Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
      Options
    • CenturionExplorer
      CenturionExplorer
      ✭✭✭
      10 day lockout for the 10th anniversary, makes sense 😂
      Options
    • xclassgaming
      xclassgaming
      ✭✭✭✭✭

far too late now to roll the entire server back, although it should of been done. now we have our accounts gone for ages, and most likely wont be unlocked tomorrow. ZOS PLEASE UNLOCK US TOMORROW.
      Options