The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Thoughts on Nightblade AoE skill bar.

taylorwilenskiub17_ESO
Hey everyone,

I originally started with DW, then I respec to use 2H for more AoE...however I hate how slow 2H attacks and it doesn't suit my NB play style. To be honest, I know the NB is weaker in AoE than other classes--but I think I didn't give it a fair chance or didn't look into it enough.

So! I plan on respeccing back to dual wield, and was curious about what some seasoned NB players would think of this skill bar set for AoE.

1. Lotus Fan
2. Ember Explosion
3. Steel Tornado
4. Mass Hysteria
5. Dark Shades

However, I have never used Mass Hysteria or Dark Shades before. So I'm curious--do the summoned Shades help take away any aggro? Even if it's for 2-3 seconds, that should be enough to slice enemies down enough to make Steel Tornado effective enough to do some significant damage.

In addition to that, is Mass Hysteria a useful ability to have? As a nightblade in Veteran content it is becoming increasingly difficult to solo mobs, so I designed this skill bar with the hopes of providing myself with good damage output but also providing me with good survivability options--basically getting hit as least as possible.

I have also considered replacing Mass Hysteria with Shadowy Disguise.

• Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Power Extraction, 2.Lotus Fan, 3. Ember Explosion, 4. Mirage, 5. Steel Tornado spam Ult. Veil of Blades
    This is what I have been using and it seems to work just fine
    Options
  • datguy
    datguy
    Soul Shriven
    I'm a NB who is currently maining a bow. I do keep the Shade on my weapon swap bar and send it in to a large group. The group will aggro the Shade, and as long as you hit one target at a time, the group won't aggro you. Great for soloing large groups. Also, I keep Aspect of Terror on my second skill bar, so I can send the group running if I don't kill them fast enough. With dodge roll sprints and invisibility, I usually don't run into any issues. I got a little off topic, but I hope that helps answer your question about the Shade.
    Options