The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Please bring back the larger Cyro population caps

Genfe
Genfe
✭✭✭
These Q times are getting outrageous. Log on at 5pm it’s a 1hr wait and all of us are locked in for 30days.

BR is only viable for about 3hrs a day then it becomes vacant.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would also make for a lot more action again. This is one of the few things that would bring me back to eso. I've been mmo-less for awhile now.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on April 5, 2024 4:22AM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It feels like ZOS is slowly phasing Cyrodiil PvP out of the game. Original pop cap was 600/faction. Now it's about 60/faction. How else are we to interpret this decline in the pop cap? And they never tell us when they make the reduction to the population.
    Options
  • Desiato
    Desiato
    ✭✭✭✭
    It feels like ZOS is slowly phasing Cyrodiil PvP out of the game. Original pop cap was 600/faction. Now it's about 60/faction. How else are we to interpret this decline in the pop cap? And they never tell us when they make the reduction to the population.

If ZOS wanted to remove the Alliance War from the game, they would just do it by converting Cyrodiil to a PVE zone. Any outrage from the minuscule AvA playerbase would be drowned out by the celebration of PVE players. It would be a popular move that would probably save them money. So it's insane to think it's a conspiracy when they don't need to conspire. The reality is that they probably lose money on AvA as it has so few players and adds no value to probably 99.9% of ESO players.

Obviously the cap was lowered to address performance issues because they decided, many years ago, not to invest the resources necessary to solve the underlying technical issues. When the cap was 600 players per faction, the game was basically unplayable poplocked. And back then, almost no one knew how to play, so the average APM was much lower than it is today.

In traditional MMO terms, Cyrodiil is on "life support".
    spending a year dead for tax reasons
    Options
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one server is pop locked, while on the other the leading faction with 5 players takes over the whole map in prime time. ZOS should rather come up with something for the no procc no cp server
    Options
  • Genfe
    Genfe
    ✭✭✭
    Stuck in a bugged Q for 45 mins now I have stuff to do. Thanks I guess
    Options
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭
    This.

The performance is about the same so why not just have huge epic fights with terrible lag and performance? Better than the 20v20 with terrible lag and performance.
    Options