The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are We Going To Be Compensated For Tickets And Jubilee Mount Fragments Due to Servers Being Down?

KyleTheYounger
KyleTheYounger
✭✭✭
What the message says ZoS.

Ever since this promo event started, I've been GRINDING to DEATH trying to collect those ridiculous 25 Jubilee scroll fragments. Was unable to login this morning until recently when I got back from work. And now when I try to login, the NA servers are down? Indefinitely?? So we're going to miss an event day and it's no longer possible to get the daily Jubilee steed anniversary fragment or 3 tickets???

Are you going to give credit for those of us NA players who've missed getting the 3 anniversary tickets AND mount fragment collectible for today?

Why do you constantly do things like this ZoS? Why?
  • adamsmith42
    adamsmith42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grinding to death for the fragments? Am I missing something? You get one out of the daily gold box, then to get any more you have to buy with tickets... or is there a third source of them I'm missing? (I've farmed a couple thousand purple boxes probably, haven't gotten a single fragment from those
    Options
  • DarknessShallFall
    DarknessShallFall
    ✭✭✭
    I would suggest if you haven't, that you read more into the issue that is causing this, as for it is much more destructive than loosing those 3 tickets.

That said a lot of people are asking for compensation, I don't know how long the server will be down, but if its long enough they might extend the event another day or two. But the issue that is causing the server to be down is very extreme and game breaking.
    I have been a member of ESO since April 4th 2014 but didn't get a code until recently when I asked.
    My @ name on ESO is the same as on here.

Options
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just got home from my sons baseball practice to find out the servers are down and I am assuming they wont be back up before I go to bed for the night. Kinda disappointed I am going to miss out on on a fragment and 3 tickets that I was going to use to buy another. I was already going to be cutting it close since I got the personality fragments and the cake slices but now idk if I will get it. Oh well I guess.
    Options
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    Grinding to death for the fragments? Am I missing something? You get one out of the daily gold box, then to get any more you have to buy with tickets... or is there a third source of them I'm missing? (I've farmed a couple thousand purple boxes probably, haven't gotten a single fragment from those

I work and have very little time to play ESO aka approx 15-30mins a day.

I'm saving the tickets for another store collectible. Which means I have to rely on doing dallies to get the fragments.

Consequently, I do NOT have limitless free time like you do. aka all the time in the world to farm all the zones and do dallies.

I'm increasingly out of joint because I'M paying THEM through ESO Plus for the privilege to play this aging franchise. Since 2016 to date. So do try to understand my sense of entitlement is extremely high.

I just want to be reimbursed for whatever fragments and tickets I lost out on today due to the state of their Frankenstein duck taped server capabilities.

If you don't have a direct answer to my post, then kindly troll somewhere else on the forum.
    Options
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    I would suggest if you haven't, that you read more into the issue that is causing this, as for it is much more destructive than loosing those 3 tickets.

That said a lot of people are asking for compensation, I don't know how long the server will be down, but if its long enough they might extend the event another day or two. But the issue that is causing the server to be down is very extreme and game breaking.
    Thanks for the follow up. It's been most insightful. I don't have time to research and google the web for the cause behind the server issues. If what you're saying about numerous ppl requesting compensation is correct, then perhaps the sheer quantity of disgruntled customers will motivate ZoS to reimburse players with the daily rewards for today.
    Options
  • tom6143346
    tom6143346
    ✭✭
    Grinding to death in only 30 minutes? That’s not really a lot of grinding time tbh . But I m sure ZOS will do something , if servers are loner down
    Options
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    I just got home from my sons baseball practice to find out the servers are down and I am assuming they wont be back up before I go to bed for the night. Kinda disappointed I am going to miss out on on a fragment and 3 tickets that I was going to use to buy another. I was already going to be cutting it close since I got the personality fragments and the cake slices but now idk if I will get it. Oh well I guess.

This. This is exactly the reason for all my brine release which is more concentrated than the Dead Sea atm. I can wait and do another cake/delve dally tomorrow. But what I lose in this process is TIME. I want to be compensated for my TIME LOST today.
    Options
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really hard to work through what the right course of action to define appropriate compensation, because every solution ends up leaving someone out who might have been affected. If ZOS were smart, they would figure out all of those solutions, implement all of them, and then provide something on top of that so that everyone is pleasantly surprised. For example (and this is not a comprehensive list by any means):

1. Extend the end of the event by a couple of days.
    2. Give everyone 3 event tickets and an extra gold box in case they missed out.
    3. Fork over a bundle of Ouroboros crates to everyone (which gives people some gems but won't really hurt current crate sales). Alternatively, maybe provide a nice cache of seals of endeavor.

That stuff can be accomplished by in-game mail delivery and some adjustments to the event timing. Mostly my sunk time is affected, personally, and I think that would set me right as far as wasting my personal time, but people chime in if they feel differently.

No idea how to handle people who got the uber-rare page drops during the rollback period, but if they can see who got what, maybe they can retain those. I'm sure those guys are heartbroken.

Also, I'm not saying I'm personally entitled to any of this or anything, I'm just annoyed at my time being wasted in game with a roilback like Kyle, here, and wanted to think through the issues a bit.

Options