The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Develope a QoL solution for the flying pet's (Twilight) flapping wings.

Tethalion
Tethalion
✭✭✭
Need a feature for controlling pet-behaviour, such as how close they stand to character, or perhaps a global toggle for visibility during NPC conversations and while in town.

The wings of the Twilight pet really makes me dizzy at times, but the interactions involved for unsummoning them is too laborious to be practical.
Edited by Tethalion on March 25, 2024 6:18AM
  • evan302
    evan302
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree, it would be a nice QoL change.

I'd also like players to have the option to significantly reduce the size of pets, both their own and those belonging to others.
    Meaning everyone would see pets at the size they prefer but your choice wouldn't affect anyone else.
    Options
  • Tethalion
    Tethalion
    ✭✭✭
    Was hoping this may get addressed with 39, but no joy.

Would be great if we could get some attention for this. Thanks.
    Options
  • Tethalion
    Tethalion
    ✭✭✭
    Might be beating a dead horse here, but, ZoS, please...

Develope a QoL solution for the flying pet's (Twilight) flapping wings.

A player shouldn't have to choose between the character/build they love and the visual-induced dizzyness of that pet. We're not asking for the moon here; please just fix this :/
    Options
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just make them turn invisible in towns and when talking with npcs, problem solved
    Options
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to be able to have the visual of the sorc pet disabled, except in combat..
    Options
  • Elyu
    Elyu
    ✭✭✭
    Potential solution: go back to the base game + old DLC towns and give them the new-DLC treatment (that is: a separate instance from the rest of the zone).
    Then automatically suppress all combat pets + combat companions while inside the (newly instanced) town
    Options
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we made the twilight familiar tiny? Like perch on your shoulder comfortably tiny, would that help maybe?
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The add on 'Pet Dismiss' allows a key bind to one button unsummon pets. It is a wonderful idea and should be in the basic game. I gave up on pet sorcs long ago because of flappy but I love that add on for easily unsummoning my warden bear in town.

The twilight should land when idle, not hover and flap. Those animations are already in the game.

My own preference would be to turn my twilight into a nyxad pocket healer. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They could make them see-through, like the celestial mounts, and it would be a massive improvement
    Options
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them myself, but I think that players should have the option to turn the visibility of combat pets off if it really bothers them that much. Universally in a town instead of just near crafting tables.

They should also not be visible in the conversation screen when you're in dialogue with someone. Didn't this used to be the case? What happened?
    Options
  • Sabre
    Sabre
    ✭✭
    It can be a little annoying having the pet in your face so you cant see something...but really is it worth a post in forums to whine about when you can unsummon the pet and/or disable them in town?
    Edited by Sabre on March 26, 2024 7:37PM
    Options
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Put it on the ground when not in combat. They already have the animation for it.
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
    Options
  • Tethalion
    Tethalion
    ✭✭✭
    The above solution makes so much sense that I can hardly believe it doesn't already exist.
    Options
  • Foxxal
    Foxxal
    ✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    If we made the twilight familiar tiny? Like perch on your shoulder comfortably tiny, would that help maybe?

This would be a decent fix, but it would just be better to be able to change the appearance of the ability when not in a PvP environment. A lot of people prefer atronachs or other ground based daedra. Flying daedra and pets just cover the screen way too much and it's visual overload. I'd love to replace my bird with a flame atronach, and we already have a follower animation for a flame atronach via the assistant.
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    Just make them turn invisible in towns and when talking with npcs, problem solved

In my case, this has nothing to do with 'in town', even when you're in the open world the flapping Twilight flies too close and you continuously see parts of the wings flapping in your view. I refuse to run with the Twilight because of how visually annoying it is to see part of her wing in every view because she flies too close. If they had her stop 2 feet further back, it wouldn't be a problem IMO.

EDIT: It's also not JUST the Twilight... all flying pets need to have their distance increased. I don't need to SEE my pet in my view the entire time I'm playing. I think the flying dragon imps are the worst- they're just like the Twilights.
    Edited by ADarklore on April 6, 2024 10:18AM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tethalion wrote: »
    Need a feature for controlling pet-behaviour, such as how close they stand to character, or perhaps a global toggle for visibility during NPC conversations and while in town.

The wings of the Twilight pet really makes me dizzy at times, but the interactions involved for unsummoning them is too laborious to be practical.

^^^^ This right here ^^^^
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put the Twilght behind me in combat, and have it go to ground when I am not moving.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options