The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Video proof and demonstration of the corpse bug that has been present since Necrom

CameraBeardThePirate
CameraBeardThePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
There has been a corpse bug present since Necrom, in which corpses you didn't create are not able to be consumed unless a fresh corpse you create is added to the pile, despite appearing as consumable.

Here is a demonstration.

This is not a "rare" bug, and is 100% replicable by simply going to IC or a Public Dungeon (or anywhere else where players outside your group are killing mobs/players), and looking for a corpse that is already present.

40% of Necro's active abilities (7/18, the amount of abilities that are corpse consumers) do not function correctly and this has been ignored by the devs for months.

Why has this persisted for so long @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno? Not knowing which corpses you can actually consume severely hinders Necromancer. This bug most often happens in IC, but occurs in Overland, Public Dungeons, and Cyrodiil as well.
Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on March 27, 2024 5:57PM
  • DanteTheDeviant
    DanteTheDeviant
    ✭✭✭
    Please give us some kind of acknowledgement that the devs are aware of this issue and working on a fix....
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There has been a corpse bug present since Necrom, in which corpses you didn't create are not able to be consumed unless a fresh corpse you create is added to the pile.

Here is a demonstration.

Why has this persisted for so long @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno? Not knowing which corpses you can actually consume severely hinders Necromancer. This bug most often happens in IC, but occurs in Overland, Public Dungeons, and Cyrodiil as well.

Can this get looked at please @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer needs a lot of help...this isn't the only thing that is broken/bugged on the class. Empowering grasp still doesn't buff the spirit mender like the tooltip says it does and blastbones and other pets don't count towards your score in battlegrounds, neither can they proc any sets.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This bug also affects Templar. (And werewolf too, I believe?)

This is certainly not the first time this bug has been around. It was a problem that got fixed several years ago, and I’m not sure that was the first time it happened either.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    This bug also affects Templar. (And werewolf too, I believe?)

This is certainly not the first time this bug has been around. It was a problem that got fixed several years ago, and I’m not sure that was the first time it happened either.

It does indeed affect both Templar and WW. Astounding that this latest incarnation of the bug has been present since Necrom and still hasn't even been acknowledged by the devs or @ZOS_Kevin

Is it too much to ask for a kit that functions as expected?
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on March 27, 2024 4:50PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Following up on this. We do have a bug in for this issue. We have added this thread to the bug submitted to make sure the video is included as part of the investigation to resolve this. We currently do not have an ETA on when this will be fixed, but the issue is known and under investigation for a resolution.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer needs a lot of help...this isn't the only thing that is broken/bugged on the class. Empowering grasp still doesn't buff the spirit mender like the tooltip says it does and blastbones and other pets don't count towards your score in battlegrounds, neither can they proc any sets.

Just so you know, I tested this last week and the mender was indeed healing 1k more than it was previously.
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Following up on this. We do have a bug in for this issue. We have added this thread to the bug submitted to make sure the video is included as part of the investigation to resolve this. We currently do not have an ETA on when this will be fixed, but the issue is known and under investigation for a resolution.

This is the kind of communication that I really wish would happen more regularly. Ideally without 9 months of silence from the first bug report.

Thanks for letting us know Kevin.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thank you Kevin. Just wanted to know it's being worked on.
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldoss wrote: »

This is the kind of communication that I really wish would happen more regularly. Ideally without 9 months of silence from the first bug report.

Yeah honestly I don't expect these things to be fixed immediately, we just want confirmation that they're aware of the issues and do plan to fix the bug at some point
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldoss wrote: »

9 months? LOL wow!