The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Ideas for a New Arena Concept

KaironBlackbard
KaironBlackbard
✭✭✭
Its weapon sets grant effects of other skill tree abilities to the effects of that weapon's tree abilities. You must have purchased the ability or it is useless.
Might even increase the cost of the ability/abilities it modifies.

For instance, Defensive Stance could gain Blade Cloak, granting Minor Evasion (instead of Major) and dealing area damage around you, also only lasts 6 seconds like Stance.
Puncture could gain the range and interrupt power of Hidden Blade.
Morphs and ability levels should alter/enhance the power's buffs.
Quick Cloak: Defensive Stance gains Major or Minor Expedition.
Deadly Cloak: Increased AoE damage.
Shrouded Daggers: Puncture can bounce when cast from 7+ meters away, hitting more targets.
Flying Blade: When you cast puncture from 7+ meters away, you can recast on the same target to leap to them.
Other abilities, other possibilities, too many possible combinations. Now I wonder if that's why that hasn't been done yet.

With these sets, it would encourage people to level ALL their weapon trees, not just the one they use all the time.
I use shield with a side of Ice Staff, and don't use the others. The above would have me use the others to improve my main stuff.
I wonder what combinations the devs come up with.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    Was this even seen?
    I thought it was a good idea...
  • Malyore
    Malyore
    ✭✭✭
    Balancing and complications aside, I could see this being fun to play. But with the upcoming scribing system, the merit from this idea could likely still be reached in just the new abilities. With primary, secondary, and tertiary effects to scribed skills there will be likely be ways to gain many of these effects into a singular skill (depending on how ZOS' "smart system" works).
    Was this even seen?
    I thought it was a good idea...

As for this, I recall seeing you post a lot of new item suggestions. From my own experiences, people may glance over the content of posts like these if the idea is too foreign in their eyes from the rest of the game. Also the number of times new ideas like these are posted from an individual and even the amount of text in a post can make people scroll past it.
    There's nothing wrong with sharing new ideas. I love to do it and I think it's great when others do it too. It can show what people think is fun, and it may even plant some ideas into the devs. But even so, it's not everyone's cup of tea. Some folks are on here for different reasons or different discussions. People who read and ignore the post may not outright think it's a bad idea, they may just not have enough knowledge on combat mechanics to contribute or they may instead be really focused on talking about the layout/enemies of a new arena rather than a weapon. Ya never know.
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    Malyore wrote: »

So what do you think of this idea?
    My thought is it would grant incentive to level up other skill trees.
    As a Tank main, I hardly use damage trees like dual, two-hand, and bow.
    By having one of these sorts of sets on, I'd be incentivised to level up and put points into other trees to boost my shield abilities.
    Likewise, they might add other skill-bases buffs for other trees.

What do you think?
    Would you use one of these sets to boost your weapon skills?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do we need to be encouraged to level up skill trees that we aren't using? There are way more skills than we need for a decent build and it's up to the player which they use. We don't need to be forced to level other skill trees that don't fit how we want to play.
    PCNA
  • KaironBlackbard
    KaironBlackbard
    ✭✭✭
    You aren't forced to use these sets either. They'd also probably be less efficient than current builds, but I still think it'd be fun.