The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Untimely Decorations in Zones U41

AuraKoimizu
AuraKoimizu
✭✭
Hey, just got the update for consoles and was walking around after doing writs only to find decorations for the Witches Festival in Alinor by the entrance closest to the thieves den. Saw some random pumpkins and wheat in Solitude by the crafting area too. Not sure if this is intentional, but it is quite funny since we're almost at the kick off for Jester's Festival. Sadly I can't provide screenshots, but found this on NA Playstation.
Edited by AuraKoimizu on March 27, 2024 4:49PM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an accidental (assumedly) leftover from PTS.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured it was an intentional thing to add a bit of orange (dark "gold") as a sort of call-out to the upcoming chapter. They are not full-blown Witches Festival decorations, just mostly (as far as I've seen) some pumpkins scattered here and there.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I figured it was an intentional thing to add a bit of orange (dark "gold") as a sort of call-out to the upcoming chapter. They are not full-blown Witches Festival decorations, just mostly (as far as I've seen) some pumpkins scattered here and there.

Other than non-orange is also showing up. On console, Vivec banker had one random dead crow on a stick banner from Witches set up next to it.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen Witches Festival dead branch decorations on buildings (PC NA), can't remember where exactly though. It looked dark and creepy, don't think it's related to the Gold Road.
  • AuraKoimizu
    AuraKoimizu
    ✭✭
    24gh1d0ipt50.jpg

I took this in Alinor yesterday, then these are from today.

sytr14wdrqs2.jpg
    44s752n1ow87.jpg

Edited by AuraKoimizu on March 27, 2024 1:23PM
  • harvey07
    harvey07
    ✭✭✭
    i did not know what to make of the jack o lanterns around after the pc update. i just rolled with it thinking someone somewhere would mention it. lol.

i think they figured we needed more orange in our life and judging by the log in character screen....they sure went for it.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's quite the party in Evermore, they decided to celebrate ALL the festivals :lol:
  • AuraKoimizu
    AuraKoimizu
    ✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Yeah, it's quite the party in Evermore, they decided to celebrate ALL the festivals :lol:

Indeed!

96x34r6d39tj.jpg
    q6kkfb1253wz.jpg