The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Stuck in Combat in PVP can we at least have the screen glow red?

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
From what I've read being stuck in combat isn't easily fixable according to ZoS. Several times a day I am stuck in combat in Cyrodiil a for very long periods of time long after any altercations are complete or even after I have died. Sooooo I run and every so often I try to mount, then runnnnn and try again, then runnnnnnnnnnnnnnn and try again. If this is not easily fixable ZoS can you are least have the edges of the screen to lightly glow red until we are out of combat please? It would even be helpful in PVE.

There have been times where this just not clear up and you either have to live with it, go to Cheesemongers Hollow or exit the zone. The latter two are not really options as you cannot zone back in a reasonable amount of time due to population caps.
Edited by Veinblood1965 on March 26, 2024 1:41PM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the screen already has red on the edges when in combat though only in the menu and i think also first person view.

i really don't want it to be visible outside of that unless it would be an option so it's possible to turn off. would be even more intrusive than the combat music.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addons are your friend. LUI gives an Entered Combat and Exit Combit notifications.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    the screen already has red on the edges when in combat though only in the menu and i think also first person view.

i really don't want it to be visible outside of that unless it would be an option so it's possible to turn off. would be even more intrusive than the combat music.

i agree actually, either a very very slight color or maybe even an icon somewhere. Nothing intrusive.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    Addons are your friend. LUI gives an Entered Combat and Exit Combit notifications.

Sadly I'm on PS4 so stuck with what we get.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can already see the red glow when I access a menu. I don’t want my entire screen to have that red glow for hours every night.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • danwtayl
    danwtayl
    ✭✭✭
    What needs to happen is to allow people to mount so no one can be bothered by this again.

It's apparent this LONG standing issue will never be resolved.