The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Maarselok META is super lame

hesobad
hesobad
✭✭✭✭
I swear ZOS ALWAYS seems to mess up PvP with these busted sets. There is absolutely no skill is required right now in PvP content, just slot a couple dots, run maarselok and youre good to go! Make yourself as durable as possible and just kill everyone with these OP dots and Maarselok procs. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 19, 2024 4:55PM
Ad Victoriam!
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh I forgot to add that if you run Maarselok on a arcanist its even easier due to its buggy stun locks that you can't cc break because the arcanist can glitch your player and make cc break unresponsive
    Ad Victoriam!
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the good players run masters dual wield, Vate ice staff, and maarselok. Like Isth3reno1else used to say before he quit, these are just "skill enhancing sets".
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maarselok has been around a long time and was not considered that strong until recently. It's actually the free status effect spam from Ele Sus at the root of the problem. Coupled of course with Vate ice and Master's DW DOTs makes Maarselok really shine.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None of these things are strong on their own, they come together to form a synergistic build. There's nothing wrong with that, if you're dying to "a couple dots" that's a skill issue on you.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the good players run masters dual wield, Vate ice staff, and maarselok. Like Isth3reno1else used to say before he quit, these are just "skill enhancing sets".

No I am a good a player and I don't run proc set on my main. I know other good player and they doesn't wear cheesy proc set either.
  • Oblivion_Protocol
    Oblivion_Protocol
    ✭✭✭✭
    When people said that the MDW nerf would end this meta, I laughed long and loud. The arena weapons were always only a small part of the problem. Yes, they hit hard, but it’s the things they enable that are worse.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A player who plays or attempts to play optimally is a good player, whether that be by the sets they wear or mastery of skill and timing, positioning, and ability to perform in content.
    One who handicaps themselves out of a sense of pride may not be a bad player but one seeking further challenge, and
    they will get it, but they must recognize that they cannot blame anyone but themselves for not utilizing every tool at their disposal.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game isn’t an rpg anymore lol
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When people said that the MDW nerf would end this meta, I laughed long and loud. The arena weapons were always only a small part of the problem. Yes, they hit hard, but it’s the things they enable that are worse.

It lessens the DPS pressure, but MDW + Rending Slashes is really good.

The real problem is zero-cost debuff + escalating DoT from Vate staff.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain this? I'm looking at these sets right now...I'm not following how they synergize.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean..I can see Wrath of Elements and Maarselok...but DW? How does Executioners Blade help here?
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »

I recently tested Kynmarcher front + Vate back and it outperforms Kynmarcher back + Maarselok. The staff is so good.
    PC NA
  • Oblivion_Protocol
    Oblivion_Protocol
    ✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    I mean..I can see Wrath of Elements and Maarselok...but DW? How does Executioners Blade help here?

The Master’s Perfected Mace/Dagger/Sword/Axe

*2 perfected items: Adds 526 Critical Chance. Twin Slashes deals 209 more damage for each hit of the initial attack and bleed. This effect scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.

That’s the arena weapon we’re talking about. Dragonstar Arena, not Maelstrom Arena. And that’s after the nerf. Pre-u41, the second effect was:

*Increases the damage Twin Slashed deals by 1635 more damage for each hit of the initial attack and bleed.
    Edited by Oblivion_Protocol on March 19, 2024 8:52PM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

I recently tested Kynmarcher front + Vate back and it outperforms Kynmarcher back + Maarselok. The staff is so good.

Yeah cuz Kynmarchers only procs off Direct, it should proc off DoTs too like its brother Daedric Trickery
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    Can someone explain this? I'm looking at these sets right now...I'm not following how they synergize.
    Dot stacking with Draugrkin, Relequen, Way of Fire, etc. These dot sets need to be all combined (alongside class pressure skills) to hit the critical mass of damage needed to pressure down enemy players through hots and burst heals. None of them do anything on their own, nobody is dying to Maarselok in isolation (god I hope not), and Draugrkin is actively terrible if you just slap it on a random build. You still need burst from an ultimate and direct spammable to close kills.

Consider also that you rarely see NBs or ranged mag sorcs running around with Maarselok or Vatesh destro, because there are sets and playstyles more synergistic with their kits. If these things were truly overpowered, even all the NBs and ranged mag sorcs would be running them, but they are not. Templars generally do not either.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate the explanations all. Have to admit I've only seen one Maarselok in BG....never in Cyro.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cast_El wrote: »

No I am a good a player and I don't run proc set on my main. I know other good player and they doesn't wear cheesy proc set either.

I fear the sarcasm was lost in my post. 😂
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

Yeah cuz Kynmarchers only procs off Direct, it should proc off DoTs too like its brother Daedric Trickery

That limitation keeps it from being too strong. If you could just put a dot on someone and forget about it, it would probably become the meta.
  • IV_Deity
    IV_Deity
    ✭✭✭
    None of these things are strong on their own, they come together to form a synergistic build. There's nothing wrong with that, if you're dying to "a couple dots" that's a skill issue on you.

Found the Arcanist Maarselok dot user.
    Now on PC.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IV_Deity wrote: »
    I'm a lifelong unapologetic dot and proc lover, rivaling @DrNukenstein for world's #1 proc enjoyer. Twin Sisters 2014, SnB Viper Tremor, full pen bleed stack MDW, various Malacath 25% proc builds, Way of Fire, flat damage MDW, Vatesh Destro, Draugrkin, nerfed scaling MDW, and more! Nah not Maarselok arc for open world though, Roksa.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IV_Deity wrote: »
    I'm a lifelong unapologetic dot and proc lover, rivaling @DrNukenstein for world's #1 proc enjoyer. Twin Sisters 2014, SnB Viper Tremor, full pen bleed stack MDW, various Malacath 25% proc builds, Way of Fire, flat damage MDW, Vatesh Destro, Draugrkin, nerfed scaling MDW, and more! Nah not Maarselok arc for open world though, Roksa.

As the other #1 used proc salesman of Tamriel, I am delighted to confirm that Maarselok's reign as baddest 2 slot proc in the game is over.

It is now time to clown up and get down with the hatchet.