The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Have ZOS announced they will support apple silicon mac?

jsjem
jsjem
✭✭✭
They always said they will support Mac from some old version and newer, but last time when everyone can't start game after high isle update, I heard that they don't support Apple silicon and we need to solve them by ourselves.
But now "With the launch of Update 41, we will be updating the recommended and minimal specs for PC and Mac" if they don't support apple silicon mac, the choice from old mac will intel processor will become less and less and finally no Mac supported...
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the new specs published anywhere yet? Curious what they're going to be, as I play ESO on both Windows and Mac.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • jsjem
    jsjem
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Are the new specs published anywhere yet? Curious what they're going to be, as I play ESO on both Windows and Mac.

PC RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 2300 or AMD FX4350
    System RAM: 8GB
    Hard Disk Space: 105GB free HDD space
    GPU: Direct X 11.0 compliant video card with 4GB of RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970 or AMD Radeon™ RX 570) or higher
    Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
    Internet: Internet Broadband Connection
    PC MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 2300 or AMD FX4350
    System RAM: 4GB
    Hard Disk Space: 105GB free HDD space
    GPU: Direct X 11.0 compliant video card with 1GB RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® 560 or AMD Radeon™ 6870)
    Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
    MAC MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    Operating System: Mac® OS High Sierra v 10.13
    Model: Mid-2017 Macs and Newer
    GPU Memory: At least 4 GB
    Hard Disk Space: 105 GB free HDD space
    Options
  • denisclairetneb18_ESO
    The official support page still says that Mac running on apple silicon are not officially supported

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/52307
    Edited by denisclairetneb18_ESO on January 30, 2024 3:30PM
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @jsjem

As mentioned above, the Elder Scrolls Online is not officially supported on Mac computers with Apple silicon ARM-based CPUs.

Can I run ESO on an ARM-based Mac?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently upgraded my Mac to an m3 PowerBook. It runs but it runs super hot.

I am going on vacation soon, and I will be doing the absolute minimum on it in eso while I am away.
    Options
  • CrushDepth
    How long have the Silicon Macs been out now, it is not like they are brand new now. Yet ESO still does not have things done? Why the heck not? What, you bought one old guy from the Blue Meanies, locked up him up in a broom closet some where and that is the only person that works on the Mac end of things?
    Edited by CrushDepth on April 30, 2024 9:30PM
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At some point probably sooner rather than later Apple will stop support for the older laptops. Maybe by then ZOS will have managed to support the new chips...

PS5/NA
    Options