The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

So many UI errors from a Mod?

ShadowsGothicAngel
It was fine yesterday while I was using it, and the first thing I saw was the UI errors going NON-stop to where I couldn't get it to stop! I'm trying reinstalling the ATT Mod, and repairing the game, and NO go!! Is anyone getting this same issue this is NOT from my end! just got WORSE after the update, just saying!

<edited for profanity>
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on March 23, 2024 8:40PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    repairing the game wont do anything to fix UI errors caused by an addon

i noticed the lib guild histoire that ATT now depends on was updated and that seemed to start causing the UI errors again (ATT was giving UI errors when U41 dropped, then the addon author pushed a fix out which seemed to fix the UI errors)

but since the library it depends on was updated the other day ATT started giving UI errors again

you could temporarily disable ATT until another addon update is pushed out, or you could use another addon such as "no, thank you" which can force the UI errors to go to notifications window (so they arent being blocked entirely like some addons such as bug catcher do), but they also wont be constantly in your face either
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax does not support add-ons in any way. They do not create them nor can they address the problem.

There is an addon subforum for help with such issues but it would be best to post a message on the page for the addon causing the issue because the addon developer is more likely to see it.

Good luck getting this resolved. Hopefully, it will be fixed for you soon.

• ShadowsGothicAngel

i noticed the lib guild histoire that ATT now depends on was updated and that seemed to start causing the UI errors again (ATT was giving UI errors when U41 dropped, then the addon author pushed a fix out which seemed to fix the UI errors)

but since the library it depends on was updated the other day ATT started giving UI errors again

you could temporarily disable ATT until another addon update is pushed out, or you could use another addon such as "no, thank you" which can force the UI errors to go to notifications window (so they arent being blocked entirely like some addons such as bug catcher do), but they also wont be constantly in your face either

I tried mm but no go on that.. I don't like TTC
  • ShadowsGothicAngel
    Amottica wrote: »
    Zenimax does not support add-ons in any way. They do not create them nor can they address the problem.

There is an addon subforum for help with such issues but it would be best to post a message on the page for the addon causing the issue because the addon developer is more likely to see it.

Duh! Lmao!!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i dont really like either of those either, which is why i suggested an addon to just force the UI errors to the notification window so they arent popping up in your face

in truth all of these price tracking addons have been having issues lately because of the zos guild history being messed up and not loading correctly at times (some guilds it loads but not completely, others dont load for me at all) (it affects TTC less because that one uses listing data, not actual sales)

i havent been able to get on the game yet today to see if the addon has received an update
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • ShadowsGothicAngel

i dont really like either of those either, which is why i suggested an addon to just force the UI errors to the notification window so they arent popping up in your face

in truth all of these price tracking addons have been having issues lately because of the zos guild history being messed up and not loading correctly at times (some guilds it loads but not completely, others dont load for me at all) (it affects TTC less because that one uses listing data, not actual sales)

i havent been able to get on the game yet today to see if the addon has received an update

I am just going to wait for now, because this is getting completely crazy!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am just going to wait for now, because this is getting completely crazy!

thats why i suggested to just disable the addon for now, if the UI errors are that much of a problem, and just re-enable the addon when there is an update

i usually check minion before i login each day to see if there are addon updates
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

Duh! Lmao!!

Interesting response to show agreement.