The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

stam Arcanist U41

Zabulus
Zabulus
✭✭✭
Now that Stinging Slashes are nerfed, are we seeing less Stam Arca with this set ?
Nope ...
Can we call that a fail from dev ?

I'm listening to you ...
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can call it a balanced nerf. A nerf shouldn't remove an option entirely, ideally it brings it to the proper powerlevel.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damage MDW arcs are fine, the 45k hp Pariah type ones got nerfed pretty hard (not that they were even good).
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    You can call it a balanced nerf. A nerf shouldn't remove an option entirely, ideally it brings it to the proper powerlevel.

cries in harmony graverobber necro
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason those arcs are still hanging onto using that set up is because it's their only viable way to deal any pressure damage along with vateshran still and a proc set..the beam/flail is not all that good against good players and definitely not enough to kill on their own.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still using this exact set up using ravager as the main 5 piece to buff the DMG off my skills, heals and MDW..works just as well to be honest, I've noticed very little difference
  • UnyieldingFlame
    UnyieldingFlame
    ✭✭✭
    The class has zero burst damage, so without these sets, they won't kill anyone decent.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HowlKimchi wrote: »
    sharquez wrote: »

cries in harmony graverobber necro

Belive me I'm right there with you. :cry:
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Galeriano2
    Galeriano2
    ✭✭✭
    The class has zero burst damage, so without these sets, they won't kill anyone decent.

Class have burst damage options. People just don't want to use them because it's easier to play with bars packed with defense and control effects and 2-3 damage abilities.
    Edited by Galeriano2 on April 6, 2024 5:39AM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galeriano2 wrote: »

Class have burst damage options. People just don't want to use them because it's easier to play with bars packed with defense and control effects and 2-3 damage abilities.

Such as?
  • Galeriano2
    Galeriano2
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

Such as?

Tentacular dread and fulminating rune for example. While not the greatest among all burst damage abilities they are not a zero.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Such as?

Tentacular dread and fulminating rune for example. While not the greatest among all burst damage abilities they are not a zero.

There is a reason there not used though..they are pretty trash in actual use
  • Galeriano2
    Galeriano2
    ✭✭✭

Such as?

Fulminating rune is actually being used. Tentacular dread is not because nobody wants to give up such overloaded ability that Flail is. Playing with tentacular dread would provide user with better burst option but it would cost him in other areas and would require more micromanagment within class kit.
    Edited by Galeriano2 on April 6, 2024 1:22PM
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Such as?

Fulminating rune is actually being used. Tentacular dread is not because nobody wants to give up such overloaded ability that Flail is. Playing with tentacular dread would provide user with better burst option but it would cost him in other areas and would require more micromanagment within class kit.

A burst skill that requires crux just sucks. I need my crux for my impervious runeward shield.
    I made mine a poison bow build with swamp raider and sheer venom.

I'm just not sure how these recent Patch's poison changes affected her.
  • Galeriano2
    Galeriano2
    ✭✭✭

Such as?

A burst skill that requires crux just sucks. I need my crux for my impervious runeward shield.
    I made mine a poison bow build with swamp raider and sheer venom.

I'm just not sure how these recent Patch's poison changes affected her.

Impervious runeward shield component does not require crux. Heal component does.
  • UnyieldingFlame
    UnyieldingFlame
    ✭✭✭

You're clueless, af. No wonder the game is a joke balance-wise, and NB keeps getting more PvP buffs when they need PvE buffs more than anything, for example. The class is great for PvE, but as of right now, they aren't really designed for PvP, as we're in a tank meta that leans heavily on burst damage. Which none of their skills have.
    Edited by UnyieldingFlame on April 8, 2024 4:38AM
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're clueless, af. No wonder the game is a joke balance-wise, and NB keeps getting more PvP buffs when they need PvE buffs more than anything, for example. The class is great for PvE, but as of right now, they aren't really designed for PvP, as we're in a tank meta that leans heavily on burst damage. Which none of their skills have.

Is this now a nerf nb thread

• UnyieldingFlame
    UnyieldingFlame
    ✭✭✭

Nah, they need a buff, but for PvE. But zos doesn't seem to understand that. If they keep buffing them for PvP, then yes, they will need to be toned down. Other classes are falling behind in PvP.
    Edited by UnyieldingFlame on April 8, 2024 6:42AM
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, they need a buff, but for PvE. But zos doesn't seem to understand that.

Ah I thought I was in the wrong section for a second there.