The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

magicka sorc gear while leveling to 50

Nocturne Saint
Nocturne Saint
✭✭✭
So I just started a magicka sorc for pvp. I was wondering what some good pvp gear to get while leveling in battlegrounds? can you use the elite gear venders in cyrodel?
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that if I'm leveling in battlegrounds, the battlegrounds rewards sets tend to work pretty well, at least as long as I'm scoring well enough to get mostly purple rewards (which is almost always the case). More often, I think I tend to do a mix of battlegrounds and dungeons and just wear whatever I have that's roughly appropriate level and gives some set bonuses.

At least on PS5 NA, just wearing a reasonable selection of natural drops/rewards tends to be enough to keep me more than competitive with other sub-50 BG players.
  • Nocturne Saint
    Nocturne Saint
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to level my sorc to 50 exclusivly in battlegrounds. so I'm going to have a metric TON of AP.
    should i just wait to spend those when i hit 50?

I don't know what sets to go after since I'm a magicka sorc, would be nice to know what chests to try and go for to hold me off till i can farm the gear that i need best in slot.

this is the build im using https://deltiasgaming.com/builds/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pvp-build/
    Edited by Nocturne Saint on March 20, 2024 12:01AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I'm not sure, but the following is what I do with new characters in general. I teach them crafting traits. You know those instant research scrolls from daily logon rewards gathering dust in your bank? This is how I use them. Get your character to learn Impen, or Well-Fitted, or Training, or whatever. Then they can reconstruct most anything from your stickerbook and they will do it at their level. Monster sets and mythics are out (will only recon at CP160), but everything else is fair game, I believe. Got all pieces of a set farmed? Even better. Stick 25 transmutes into a piece. Decon it after they've levelled up some, get the transmutes back out and recreate it at their new level. Much more efficient than crafting stuff. You can run a near-meta setup on a low-level character this way, Rallying Cry + Draugrkin / Way of Fire for the sake of the argument, if you have those sets farmed.

You can buy stuff from Cyro town vendors, which will probably be at the level of the character buying it, but with a random trait. However if you have 250 transmutes, I would simply buy the sets in question in a guild store and fill the stickebook completely, bringing the cost down to 25 a piece, then recreate in your chosen traits.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to level my sorc to 50 exclusivly in battlegrounds. so I'm going to have a metric TON of AP.
    should i just wait to spend those when i hit 50?

I don't know what sets to go after since I'm a magicka sorc, would be nice to know what chests to try and go for to hold me off till i can farm the gear that i need best in slot.

this is the build im using https://deltiasgaming.com/builds/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pvp-build/

The usual advice I gave to my friends for leveling is to stick with training gear and update it every 10 levels or so, and don't think about gear sets too much. In your case though, its different since you're leveling exclusively through BGs (sounds like a fun time btw).

I think best advice would be to stick with crafted sets and update it every 10 levels or so (when you feel like you're getting weaker). All training (maybe a heavy reinforced chest), have a mix of all armor weights so you level the skill lines. Keep them all at purple gear. a good setup would probably be something like:
    • Wretched Vitality (backbar weapon and 3 jewelries for a 5pc bonus on the backbar)
    • Daedric Trickery (frontbar weapon and 3 body pieces for a 5pc bonus on the frontbar)
    • Druid's Braid (4 body pieces)

These are all crafted sets and dont rely on mythics or monster sets that maximizes all the gear slots. Also, since people won't be sweaty in the game mode, you have some freedom to switch things and weapons around so you level them up as well.

Good luck on your BG levelling journey!
    Edited by HowlKimchi on March 20, 2024 4:03AM
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    The recommendation for crafted sets above is a great idea and I would throw in the Shattered Fate set from necrom as an option as well

Could run just the 5pc on the front bar for penetration if you don't have any source of it or run the 12pc for a no thought gear set that could be easily swapped out early on when you are flying through levels

Although I don't think using the training trait would be much use if he is exclusively playing battlegrounds
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jestir wrote: »
    The recommendation for crafted sets above is a great idea and I would throw in the Shattered Fate set from necrom as an option as well

Could run just the 5pc on the front bar for penetration if you don't have any source of it or run the 12pc for a no thought gear set that could be easily swapped out early on when you are flying through levels

Although I don't think using the training trait would be much use if he is exclusively playing battlegrounds

Ah I thought training worked on the end of match exp reward. If it doesnt work then go well-fitted everything and reinforced on heavy chest.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi