The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Building Stacks of Thrassian Stranglers at Alliance War Base?

Xzysts
Xzysts
✭✭✭
Currently, players are building stacks for their Thrassian Stranglers at the home base siege training area in Alliance War. Is this by design? Or is this an unforeseen circumstance? Supposedly, you can build stacks for Thrassian Stranglers by sieging the target dummies over and over again. I have not seen this posted anywhere else, but I am not certain this is supposed to be how it works.
-Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
Community Discord: hK4dFwE7zZ
All-class player w/over 5,000 hours across multiple platforms
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm correct, those stacks aren't meant to be gained outside of combat, and I highly doubt ZOS intended for combat with target dummies to count, so yes, this would definitely count as an Exploit.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be a lot faster doing it in a delve or in an overland Cyro ruin filled with NPC enemies. Not sure why anybody would waste time slow plinking dummies?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Would be a lot faster doing it in a delve or in an overland Cyro ruin filled with NPC enemies. Not sure why anybody would waste time slow plinking dummies?

So they don't get trapped in a delve when it is pop locked

And dummies don't fight back, don't move and don't have to respawn
    Edited by Jestir on March 20, 2024 10:43AM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't it fall off when loading from transit shrines or dieing? Would seem tedious
  • ItsNotLiving
    ItsNotLiving
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't it fall off when loading from transit shrines or dieing? Would seem tedious

3000 Spell Damage on the heals make you die less but they fall off from death not the transit shrines or the keep recalls.
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A while back you could also recharge your ultimate from those dummies, but they patched that out.
    Guess they missed this.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is not working as intended and we are investigating this now. No eta on a fix, but once we have something more concrete to share, we'll update either here or in patch nots.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on March 20, 2024 7:21PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • CBixby
    CBixby
    ✭✭✭
    Xzysts wrote: »
    Currently, players are building stacks for their Thrassian Stranglers at the home base siege training area in Alliance War. Is this by design? Or is this an unforeseen circumstance? Supposedly, you can build stacks for Thrassian Stranglers by sieging the target dummies over and over again. I have not seen this posted anywhere else, but I am not certain this is supposed to be how it works.

Thanks for reporting this dude. So unfair! I hate cheaters ugh! I’m so mad!
  • Cloudrest
    Cloudrest
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, dude! Thanks for bringing this game-breaking exploit to the attention of the developers. Seriously, it was such a huuuuuuuge problem. Thank you! o:)
    Edited by Cloudrest on March 20, 2024 8:46PM
    Formerly @Cloudrest, now @Nightwielder in-game on PC/NA. Cyrodiil PvPer; retired duelist and PvE Trifecta DPS.
    Empyrean Knight Gwynevere | ♔ Breton Templar | AR50 Grand Overlord II | 9400+ hours | Aldmeri Dominion
    Merethiel of Vaulinchyl |🗡Altmer Nightblade | AR50 Grand Overlord I | 3000+ hours | Aldmeri Dominion
    ♔ Immortal Redeemer | ♔ Tick-Tock Tormentor | ♔🗡 2x Gryphon Heart | ♔ Godslayer | 🗡 Dawnbringer | ♔ 7x Former Empress
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, this must be why a bunch of players are telling everyone to run Thrassian lately :D
  • splitsand
    splitsand
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is not working as intended and we are investigating this now. No eta on a fix, but once we have something more concrete to share, we'll update either here or in patch nots.

While you are paying attention to thrassians just change it so you get full stacks for equiping it, and when you crouch/go stealth/or invis you lose all stacks until you crouch and stand back up again.

This mythic being useable without an insanely annoying and pointless mini game of farming 50 stacks would actually make it useful. The PvE folks could use it more, and it would be healthy in PvP as it would drive average HP down by a lot if players were to use it.

So, don't just patch one of the only reasonable ways to use the mythic without changing it's extremely pointless interaction/function of building stacks.
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    splitsand wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin

While you are paying attention to thrassians just change it so you get full stacks for equiping it, and when you crouch/go stealth/or invis you lose all stacks until you crouch and stand back up again.

This mythic being useable without an insanely annoying and pointless mini game of farming 50 stacks would actually make it useful. The PvE folks could use it more, and it would be healthy in PvP as it would drive average HP down by a lot if players were to use it.

So, don't just patch one of the only reasonable ways to use the mythic without changing it's extremely pointless interaction/function of building stacks.

Or decrease max stacks to 5 but make each stack 10 times stronger than it is now
  • splitsand
    splitsand
    ✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin

Or decrease max stacks to 5 but make each stack 10 times stronger than it is now

Or just make it function like roksa/ddf where while you are in combat it gradually increases weapon/spell and decreases HP. There are so many better options than the one they chose.

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dekrypted wrote: »
    A function like roksa would be amazing and I'd actually genuinely consider using this mythic. 50 stacks is crazy. How many people are using the templar class set? That one has alot of stacks too.

Stacks is just a gimmick that gives the already overloaded servers something else to keep track of. But you can bet they'll find something players actually find fun or have been using for 10 years to delete to compensate for the hit in performance.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • splitsand
    splitsand
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Or just make it function like roksa/ddf where while you are in combat it gradually increases weapon/spell and decreases HP. There are so many better options than the one they chose.

I'd love a rework to this ability. The amount of stacks required is such a turn off for me. Whenever I'd get sent messages, even with this set behaving the way it does now, I just didn't want to bother.

A function like roksa would be amazing and I'd actually genuinely consider using this mythic. 50 stacks is crazy. How many people are using the templar class set? That one has alot of stacks too.

I hope ZoS is paying attention to posts like this. Grinding stacks is not rewarding or interesting for a mythic or a set like these. Also, 50 stacks is way too high. I do believe if they made thrassians function like roska/ddf and made it stack to full in 15-20s it would be perfect. That way you could keep people in PvE from abusing it by hot swapping (as they would need to be in combat for the full 15s to get the benefit first) and it would make it a useable set in PvP that couldn't be abused by stealth players and gankers without counterplay.

I really hope they actually listen to feedback if they are going to make this change.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A while back you could also recharge your ultimate from those dummies, but they patched that out.
    Guess they missed this.

Very early in the game you could hit the dummies with a ranged weapon and collect soul gems. Players would equip a staff then spin in a circle light attacking all the dummies to get lots of soul gems. That was before we knew everyone would end up just by playing with more soul gems than they ever could use.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Cloudrest
    Cloudrest
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

I'd love a rework to this ability. The amount of stacks required is such a turn off for me. Whenever I'd get sent messages, even with this set behaving the way it does now, I just didn't want to bother.

I hope ZoS is paying attention to posts like this. Grinding stacks is not rewarding or interesting for a mythic or a set like these. Also, 50 stacks is way too high. I do believe if they made thrassians function like roska/ddf and made it stack to full in 15-20s it would be perfect. That way you could keep people in PvE from abusing it by hot swapping (as they would need to be in combat for the full 15s to get the benefit first) and it would make it a useable set in PvP that couldn't be abused by stealth players and gankers without counterplay.

I really hope they actually listen to feedback if they are going to make this change.

Agreed. Thrassians are the only mythic to give you a lot of damage at the cost of lowering your tankiness. People complain about high HP and a tank meta atm, so why are we going to fix something that doesn't need fixing to make the meta worse than it already is?

If the "unintended" mechanic of interacting with siege dummies at spawn gets fixed, at least make it so the maximum amount of stacks is down to 5-10, or have it function like DDF/Roksha.
    Edited by Cloudrest on March 20, 2024 10:44PM
    Formerly @Cloudrest, now @Nightwielder in-game on PC/NA. Cyrodiil PvPer; retired duelist and PvE Trifecta DPS.
    Empyrean Knight Gwynevere | ♔ Breton Templar | AR50 Grand Overlord II | 9400+ hours | Aldmeri Dominion
    Merethiel of Vaulinchyl |🗡Altmer Nightblade | AR50 Grand Overlord I | 3000+ hours | Aldmeri Dominion
    ♔ Immortal Redeemer | ♔ Tick-Tock Tormentor | ♔🗡 2x Gryphon Heart | ♔ Godslayer | 🗡 Dawnbringer | ♔ 7x Former Empress
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    Cloudrest wrote: »
    Wow, dude! Thanks for bringing this game-breaking exploit to the attention of the developers. Seriously, it was such a huuuuuuuge problem. Thank you! o:)

No need to thank me!
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭

Thanks Kevin!
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unbelievable...

Necro is literally a dumpster fire, but god forbid some people willfully drop their hp 5k and their dmg shields by 50% for extra damage. That gets IMMEDIATE response.

The tank meta continues.
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    Aldoss wrote: »

Unbelievable...

Necro is literally a dumpster fire, but god forbid some people willfully drop their hp 5k and their dmg shields by 50% for extra damage. That gets IMMEDIATE response.

The tank meta continues.

Yea, but check this… those same classes are gonna use this cheese more effectively than necro without repercussions. So it’s a lose lose for necro. Win win for most other classes.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny to me how we got masters DW and vate meta for like a year and a half ish it seems like with no changes until u41 dropped and we can expect an incremental patch and/or next update to fix Thrassian stranglers in no time.

Really goes to show how the importance is in supporting PVP is regarded when no updates to anything else has been done. No mentions on the Pop caps stress test months ago, no support for Ravenwatch, But yes nerf Thrassians while rest of PVP suffers lack of support on any meaningful level
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I heard it was intended, you're good.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin

I really hope that the team doesn't waste any time yet again updating the training dummies (in the past they were updated to no longer build ultimate for some reason). If this behaviour is not intended then just make Thrassian drop its stacks when out of combat similar to how Death Dealers Fate works.

If you adjust the dummies then players will simply just switch to killing NPCs in one of the various areas around Cyrodiil. As an example between BRK and Sej the zombies are typically used for such a purpose.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Building ultimate and stacks by killing NPCs is intended, just like in PvE.
    Siege practice target dummies are not.
    Edited by Four_Fingers on March 21, 2024 12:47PM
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    It's funny to me how we got masters DW and vate meta for like a year and a half ish it seems like with no changes until u41 dropped and we can expect an incremental patch and/or next update to fix Thrassian stranglers in no time.

year in a half? there are long forums post about MDW being OP that dates back 3-4 years LOL
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unbelievable...

The tank meta continues.

Yea, but check this… those same classes are gonna use this cheese more effectively than necro without repercussions. So it’s a lose lose for necro. Win win for most other classes.

I don't use thrass but I have no problem fighting someone who has full stacks of thrass, whether they got them by killing guards, players, or got them every death by wasting 3 minutes to travel to the base to use the target dummies.

The set shouldn't require deaths anyway for its activation. I'd rather it take 30 seconds to ramp up its effect, similar to ddf or roksa and lose stacks when you stealth or go invisible.

My comment is frustration that 1. Someone ruined the fun that made an otherwise trash item suddenly worth using, and 2. That this will steal devs time when they should be working on fixing things that have a real, tangible effect on the experience in cyro for all players - class balance being a major one.

Add this set to the pile of trash sets that clutter the game and will now never be worn.
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭

Unbelievable...

The tank meta continues.

I don't use thrass but I have no problem fighting someone who has full stacks of thrass, whether they got them by killing guards, players, or got them every death by wasting 3 minutes to travel to the base to use the target dummies.

The set shouldn't require deaths anyway for its activation. I'd rather it take 30 seconds to ramp up its effect, similar to ddf or roksa and lose stacks when you stealth or go invisible.

My comment is frustration that 1. Someone ruined the fun that made an otherwise trash item suddenly worth using, and 2. That this will steal devs time when they should be working on fixing things that have a real, tangible effect on the experience in cyro for all players - class balance being a major one.

Add this set to the pile of trash sets that clutter the game and will now never be worn.

Well realistically, I somewhat agree with your point. However, also know this… ball groups use everything to their advantage at an even greater capacity. You get a whole ball running this or a 4-6 man or some other cheese and it’s a lose lose for the solo players/small groups like most other things. Overall, it’s not a good thing to have in the game objectively as it was not intended to operate this way. Whatever ZOS does with it is ultimately their call and I wouldn’t mind seeing a complete rework to be something like what you mentioned above.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • Cloudrest
    Cloudrest
    ✭✭✭✭

Unbelievable...

The tank meta continues.

Well realistically, I somewhat agree with your point. However, also know this… ball groups use everything to their advantage at an even greater capacity. You get a whole ball running this or a 4-6 man or some other cheese and it’s a lose lose for the solo players/small groups like most other things. Overall, it’s not a good thing to have in the game objectively as it was not intended to operate this way. Whatever ZOS does with it is ultimately their call and I wouldn’t mind seeing a complete rework to be something like what you mentioned above.

How, exactly, is this "cheese"? It's 1150 WD/SD at the cost of 6k health. You can't use stealth or damage shields with it. There's a huge tradeoff involved with running the mythic; you're exchanging survivability for damage. Objectively, that's a great thing for the game when there's so many people running around with 40-50k HP and people on the forums are complaining about a tank meta.

It's a mythic used almost exclusively for 1vX/2vX/fighting outnumbered. Ballgroups don't run this set-- they're running 40k+ HP and stacking shields ontop of HoTS. Pugs don't run this set. Frankly, I don't really know what your agenda is, but your reasoning isn't lending you any real credibility. To me, it reeks of you getting bodied in Cyrodiil by someone running Thrassians, so you sprinted over here to get them nerfed. :D
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloudrest wrote: »

Unbelievable...

The tank meta continues.

How, exactly, is this "cheese"? It's 1150 WD/SD at the cost of 6k health. You can't use stealth or damage shields with it. There's a huge tradeoff involved with running the mythic; you're exchanging survivability for damage. Objectively, that's a great thing for the game when there's so many people running around with 40-50k HP and people on the forums are complaining about a tank meta.

It's a mythic used almost exclusively for 1vX/2vX/fighting outnumbered. Ballgroups don't run this set-- they're running 40k+ HP and stacking shields ontop of HoTS. Pugs don't run this set. Frankly, I don't really know what your agenda is, but your reasoning isn't lending you any real credibility. To me, it reeks of you getting bodied in Cyrodiil by someone running Thrassians, so you sprinted over here to get them nerfed. :D

Eh. You can't say it's intended behaviour to be able to go hit some dummies completely out of real combat, then use the stacks gained there later on in PvP. Every other stacking set in the game requires actual combat to get the stacks. Go kill some wolves.

Thrassian still sees a fair bit of use in solo PvE gameplay, so it's not a completely dead mythic.