The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

High latency on Vvardenfell

NeoniKa
NeoniKa
✭✭✭
Why's the latency always so high in Vvardenfell but ok in all other regions?

Today seems particularly unplayable on Vvardenfell, with a ping that has been stuck on 999+ all day. But on all the other regions I've been it's always around 100. Vvardenfell doesn't seem more populated than Summerset or Telvanni Peninsula. So, why there's always such a big difference? Is it different in any way or could it be in a different server?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on March 3, 2024 4:27AM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's troubleshooting on the PC platform.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, Vvardenfell (read: Vivec City) is usually okayish, but Gonfalon Bay is usually horrible. I routinely arrive to find missing walls and occasionally a missing ocean. For instance, tonight the ocean was gone and I was able to swim around in mid-air for a while before the ocean finally appeared.

Later, after I returned to Gonfalon Bay to turn in my ToT daily, my latency appeared to be low-- a mere 92, as I recall-- yet when I rode up the stairs to get to the wayshrine and tried to summon Bastian in preparation to helping someone with a WB, Bastian would not appear and all of the other players around the wayshrine were standing motionless in place-- a sure indication of a lost connection. I tried doing a roll-dodge to see if that might help, and a few seconds later the other players started moving again and I was finally able to summon Bastian.

Davon's Watch in Stonefalls is also very slow to load whenever I log in there.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @NeoniKa

Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • NeoniKa
    NeoniKa
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @NeoniKa

Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

I have followed that Troubleshooting before, but it seems more generic than specific for some regions. In my case the problem seems to affect only Vvardenfell, mostly on Vivec. When I move to another region it usually solves the problem.

Anyway, seems that it might be different for other players, because like @SeaGtGruff mentioned he doesn't have that problem in Vivec City but he has it on Gonfalon Bay. In my case I get frequently 999+ on Vivec and I never noticed more than 340 on Gonfalon Bay. On all other regions it's usually 100.

Seems a more complex issue than I first imagined. Maybe related to our accounts or actions, I don't know. Yesterday, for example, the latency was fine everywhere I went, including Vivec.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @NeoniKa

Thanks for letting us know you've tried the troubleshooting and that the latency issues only happen in some regions. Our support team can help look into this further. You can open a ticket by going here.
    Staff Post
  • Mrk
    Mrk
    Soul Shriven
    NeoniKa wrote: »
    @NeoniKa

I have followed that Troubleshooting before, but it seems more generic than specific for some regions. In my case the problem seems to affect only Vvardenfell, mostly on Vivec. When I move to another region it usually solves the problem.

Anyway, seems that it might be different for other players, because like @SeaGtGruff mentioned he doesn't have that problem in Vivec City but he has it on Gonfalon Bay. In my case I get frequently 999+ on Vivec and I never noticed more than 340 on Gonfalon Bay. On all other regions it's usually 100.

Seems a more complex issue than I first imagined. Maybe related to our accounts or actions, I don't know. Yesterday, for example, the latency was fine everywhere I went, including Vivec.

I have a very similar problem but with multiple regions, not only Vivec City. It is more complex that it seems, in some region ping is fine and after you teleport in certain zone it become around 400-500. I tested it multiple time to be sure about that and I went here on the forum to look if someone else noticed the same problem and I found this post. How are u resolving the problem? Thank you
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Mrk

Have you gone through the suggested troubleshooting or opened a ticket if those steps did not help?

If you have a ticket open already, you can share it here and we can provide an update as needed.
    Staff Post
  • NeoniKa
    NeoniKa
    ✭✭✭
    Mrk wrote: »
    NeoniKa wrote: »
    @NeoniKa

I have a very similar problem but with multiple regions, not only Vivec City. It is more complex that it seems, in some region ping is fine and after you teleport in certain zone it become around 400-500. I tested it multiple time to be sure about that and I went here on the forum to look if someone else noticed the same problem and I found this post. How are u resolving the problem? Thank you

Since in my case the lag is mostly in Vivec City I decided to not care much for now. I did all tests to my line, checked everything in my router and I don't believe it's caused at my end. So, I just try to not stay much time in Vvardenfell and I'm even planning to do my writs elsewhere.
  • DahliaNightshade
    DahliaNightshade
    ✭✭✭
    I am experiencing the same issue, my latency is usually fine, in the 60-80ms range, but this is now happening on a daily basis, always in different zones.

For example, tonight when I logged in I was standing still in the crafting area in Vivec City, latency was between 300 and 400ms, so I tested this by going to Rawl'kha, and as soon as I landed at the wayshrine my latency went back to normal, at 60 something.
    So I went back to Vivec City to check if it was fine and no, it wasn't fine, the latency was again around 400ms.
    I tested this by going randomly to some of the towns in different zones, and in some zones I had good low latency, in some others I had high latency.

I already went through the usual suggested troubleshooting and my connection is fine.

Can anyone please look into this? I am not the only one experiencing this.

If it helps, I am in Italy and my provider is Telecom Italia
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @DahliaNightshade

If you've already went through the suggested troubleshooting linked above, the next step is opening a ticket with customer support.
    Staff Post