The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ZOS pls delete necro from pvp.....

TDVM
TDVM
✭✭✭
I ran out of patience playing on the weakest class IN the GAME in the hope that he would get at least some improvement and not nerf.
Maybe then it's better to ban this class from entering pvp on a technical level until it becomes playable? the worst class has been a necromancer for a year, how many complaints have been made about him that he is weak, how many topics on this topic and nothing. Bruh.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar is hurting too. And the jabs animation still hurts the eyes, and there have been even more threads about the templar jabs animation debacle with no comments or acknowledgment from ZOS.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TDVM wrote: »
    I ran out of patience playing on the weakest class IN the GAME in the hope that he would get at least some improvement and not nerf.
    Maybe then it's better to ban this class from entering pvp on a technical level until it becomes playable? the worst class has been a necromancer for a year, how many complaints have been made about him that he is weak, how many topics on this topic and nothing. Bruh.

What's crazy is that ZOS was able to identify exactly what the Arcanist needed to be successful at launch. A great spammable. An easy stun. An abundance of ways to generate crux. An abundance of ways to spend crux. Skills that are loaded with functions because bar space limited. Sources of major and minor buffs.

Then you have the Necromancer who is almost the antithesis of what I just described. When you see how well the Arcanist was crafted, it boggles the mind that attempts to "improve" the Necromancer actually makes the class worse.
    I'm making an updated version of my Necro ideas thread from 2023 (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/633137/suggestions-for-necromancer-changes). One thing that ZOS has been doing lately is making skills require less micromanagement and loading them with multiple functions:
    Cephaliarch's Flail:
    Infuse your arm with abyssal magic to form tentacles that lash out at your foes dealing 1939 Physical Damage, healing yourself for 969, and generating Crux. Enemies are immobilized for 3 seconds and marked with Abyssal Ink for 20 seconds. Deals up to 100% more damage to enemies with less than 50% Health. You deal 5% increased damage to enemies drenched in Abyssal Ink.

Tome-Bearer's Inspiration:
    Etch a series of runes onto your weapon that pulse with power once every 5 seconds. Each pulse enhances your class abilities, and striking an enemy with one deals an additional 1161 Magic Damage and generates Crux if you have none. While slotted on either ability bar, gain Major Brutality and Major Sorcery, increasing your Weapon and Spell Damage by 20%.

The Necro needs this same treatment.

Blighted Blastbones: cost determined by the highest resource.
    (I have mourned the loss of Stalking Blastbones and I have accepted that fact that I'm just going to have to change my Necro)

Death Scythe:
    As I have seen suggested on the forums, both morphs of the Necro scythe should get execute scaling. I agree that this would be a great and very needed addition.
    - Hungry Scythe: should also apply life steal to all enemies hit.

Skeletal Arcanist/Archer: grants major sorcery/brutality when slotted on either bar. Increase the damage that their attacks do.

Shocking Siphon: while slotted on either bar grants major prophecy/savagery and increases damage done by 3%. The AOE remains on the ground even if the tether breaks early. *Increase the radius size.
    - Mystic Siphon: the increased Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery persists even if the tether breaks early.
    - Detonating Syphon: the damage AOE now sticks to you.

Flame Skull:
    - Riccochet Skull/Venom Skull:
    applies burning/poisoned status effects. (Increase travel speed)

Spirit Mender: when active, applies minor cowardice to attackers.

Bone Totem: summons an effigy of bones up to 28 meters away. After 1 second, the totem begins fearing nearby enemies every 2 seconds, causing them to cower in place for 4 seconds. (Changed to allow both morphs to be targeted)
    - Warding Totem: (Formerly Remote Totem) grants minor protection when standing in the area of effect.
    - Agony Totem: afflicts enemies in the area of effect with minor vulnerability.

Restoring Tether: the effects persist on the player even if the tether breaks early.

Render Flesh:
    Resistant Flesh: (remains unchanged)
    - Blood Sacrifice: consumes a corpse to grant you Major Courage (or Major Berserk) for 10 seconds.

Expunge: reduces the cost of all your abilities by 3% while slotted on either bar.

Bitter Harvest: when slotted on either bar, reduces your damage taken by 3%.

ULTIMATES:
    Frozen Colossus: Unleash a decayed Flesh Colossus to pulverize enemies in the area. The Colossus smashes the ground three times over 3 seconds. Dealing damage applies Major Vulnerability to any enemy hit for 12 seconds.
    - Glacial Colossus: does frost damage and stuns enemies on the second hit instead of the third.
    - Pestilent Colossus: smashes the ground only once and does disease damage. Afflicts enemies with a pestilence that does damage over time.

Animate Blastbones: instead of resurrecting allies, this ultimate summons up to three blastbones to attack the nearest opponent. Summoned Blastbones are immune to being crowd controlled (other than by another ultimate). Reduce the cost of this ultimate to 200, down from 320, to make it more usable.

(3-15-2024: a video discussing these ideas)

https://youtu.be/s03c5jlZhaQ?si=wZUIjM1YkDQSMqnC
    Edited by StarOfElyon on March 15, 2024 10:37PM
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭
    if anything needs to be deleted from pvp its damage proc sets. they also need to get rid of these cast times and bring back animation canceling.
    RIP skill based PvP days. . .
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.

My Necro is doing just fine.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang I miss the harmony graverobber necromancer archetype. The rework to harmony is what made me stop playing last time.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crow_IX wrote: »
    if anything needs to be deleted from pvp its damage proc sets. they also need to get rid of these cast times and bring back animation canceling.

Yes to be rid of Proc sets, bring back animation canceling... it never left. people with programable devices are spamming abilities so fast its breaking the game, with the new sorc meta right now with programable device the game is crashing left and right if you get close enough to these cheaters.
  • BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭✭
    As we all know, the most recent update basically did!
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    Necro is fine. Ppl need to stop this madness. I’ve been off and on maining it for years and it’s really good in the right hands. I do agree the new magicka Blastbones Is absolutely useless and you’re better off using another source of damage (dot/ele sus/stam Blastbones) than the weak % increase it does. But the class has amazing self heals if you stack their hots.
    Harder to play and maintain than the other class that survive with 1-2 buttons? Yes.
    Trash and unplayable. Absolutely not.
    Could use some buffs. Also yes
    But it’s not as bad as ppl say.

I think the issue is that players play easier class and then don’t quite understand the way necro plays. It’s a lot more about buff management and always have been. You have to prioritize keeping your hots rolling Over damage. It’s not a class that you can just face roll on your keyboard like sorc or arcanist. Also not a class where you can react to damage. You have to preemptively prepare and have hots rolling. (Intensive mender/mortal coil/vigor at ALL TIMES)

They can build some really nice pressure right now with the meta stuff and their rapid rot passive if you want to go that route.

I’m using a sthuns off balance setup with the scythe or dizzy atm and it’s also decent

You can also use the new Blastbones and use their skulls spell (it’s a bit clunky but it hits really hard on a good max stats setup)
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No don't delete necro from pvp! They're easy AP!
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    I ask about deleting templar as a whole. Maybe this way i can already go to another game. Just wait another few months for some balance changes to necro maybe some day they add something usefull to this class. (Or years, feel similiar on templars)
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    buzzclops wrote: »
    Necro is fine. Harder to play... It’s a lot more about buff management and always have been
    What's the payoff for all that maintenance? Why choose Necro over any other class?

Proving that you can win with a handicap is very different from giving yourself the best odds to win.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buzzclops wrote: »
    Necro is fine. Ppl need to stop this madness. I’ve been off and on maining it for years and it’s really good in the right hands. I do agree the new magicka Blastbones Is absolutely useless and you’re better off using another source of damage (dot/ele sus/stam Blastbones) than the weak % increase it does. But the class has amazing self heals if you stack their hots.
    Harder to play and maintain than the other class that survive with 1-2 buttons? Yes.
    Trash and unplayable. Absolutely not.
    Could use some buffs. Also yes
    But it’s not as bad as ppl say.

I think the issue is that players play easier class and then don’t quite understand the way necro plays. It’s a lot more about buff management and always have been. You have to prioritize keeping your hots rolling Over damage. It’s not a class that you can just face roll on your keyboard like sorc or arcanist. Also not a class where you can react to damage. You have to preemptively prepare and have hots rolling. (Intensive mender/mortal coil/vigor at ALL TIMES)

They can build some really nice pressure right now with the meta stuff and their rapid rot passive if you want to go that route.

I’m using a sthuns off balance setup with the scythe or dizzy atm and it’s also decent

You can also use the new Blastbones and use their skulls spell (it’s a bit clunky but it hits really hard on a good max stats setup)

You have to understand that people are talking about PVE too.
    I'm making an updated version of my Necro ideas thread from 2023 (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/633137/suggestions-for-necromancer-changes). One thing that ZOS has been doing lately is making skills require less micromanagement and loading them with multiple functions:
    Cephaliarch's Flail:
    Infuse your arm with abyssal magic to form tentacles that lash out at your foes dealing 1939 Physical Damage, healing yourself for 969, and generating Crux. Enemies are immobilized for 3 seconds and marked with Abyssal Ink for 20 seconds. Deals up to 100% more damage to enemies with less than 50% Health. You deal 5% increased damage to enemies drenched in Abyssal Ink.

Tome-Bearer's Inspiration:
    Etch a series of runes onto your weapon that pulse with power once every 5 seconds. Each pulse enhances your class abilities, and striking an enemy with one deals an additional 1161 Magic Damage and generates Crux if you have none. While slotted on either ability bar, gain Major Brutality and Major Sorcery, increasing your Weapon and Spell Damage by 20%.

The Necro needs this same treatment.

Blighted Blastbones: cost determined by the highest resource.
    (I have mourned the loss of Stalking Blastbones and I have accepted that fact that I'm just going to have to change my Necro)

Death Scythe:
    As I have seen suggested on the forums, both morphs of the Necro scythe should get execute scaling. I agree that this would be a great and very needed addition.
    - Hungry Scythe: should also apply life steal to all enemies hit.

Skeletal Arcanist/Archer: grants major sorcery/brutality when slotted on either bar. Increase the damage that their attacks do.

Shocking Siphon: while slotted on either bar grants major prophecy/savagery and increases damage done by 3%. The AOE remains on the ground even if the tether breaks early. *Increase the radius size.
    - Mystic Siphon: the increased Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery persists even if the tether breaks early.
    - Detonating Syphon: the damage AOE now sticks to you.

Flame Skull:
    - Riccochet Skull/Venom Skull:
    applies burning/poisoned status effects. (Increase travel speed)

Spirit Mender: when active, applies minor cowardice to attackers.

Bone Totem: summons an effigy of bones up to 28 meters away. After 1 second, the totem begins fearing nearby enemies every 2 seconds, causing them to cower in place for 4 seconds. (Changed to allow both morphs to be targeted)
    - Warding Totem: (Formerly Remote Totem) grants minor protection when standing in the area of effect.
    - Agony Totem: afflicts enemies in the area of effect with minor vulnerability.

Restoring Tether: the effects persist on the player even if the tether breaks early.

Render Flesh:
    - Resistant Flesh: (remains unchanged)
    - Blood Sacrifice: consumes a corpse to grant you Major Courage (or Major Berserk) for 10 seconds.

Expunge: reduces the cost of all your abilities by 3% while slotted on either bar.

Bitter Harvest: when slotted on either bar, reduces your damage taken by 3%.

ULTIMATES:
    Frozen Colossus: Unleash a decayed Flesh Colossus to pulverize enemies in the area. The Colossus smashes the ground three times over 3 seconds. Dealing damage applies Major Vulnerability to any enemy hit for 12 seconds.
    - Glacial Colossus: does frost damage and stuns enemies on the second hit instead of the third.
    - Pestilent Colossus: smashes the ground only once and does disease damage. Afflicts enemies with a pestilence that does damage over time.

Animate Blastbones: instead of resurrecting allies, this ultimate summons up to three blastbones to attack the nearest opponent. Summoned Blastbones are immune to being crowd controlled (other than by another ultimate). Reduce the cost of this ultimate to 200, down from 320, to make it more usable.

(3-15-2024: a video discussing these ideas)

https://youtu.be/s03c5jlZhaQ?si=wZUIjM1YkDQSMqnC