The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A new, brighter, Blighted Blast Bones

AvidNecro
AvidNecro
✭✭
As an Avid Necromancer main myself, I would just like to take the time to make a positive post in regard to necromancer. Out of all the MMO's and RPGs that offer the class, I appreciate the fact that, there is a fast action, instant cast ability class that is the necromancer in the Elder Scrolls Online. With that being said I would like to highlight Blighted Blast Bones.

Let's take a look at what the skill used to do... Disease damage. Same playstyle as stalking but with less damage and also a status effect, major defile.

The rework of the base skill and its morphs in U41, is sacrificial bones and GLS, and NOW, Blighted blast bones does both MAJOR and MINOR defile now, AND it costs less! Let's appreciate this for a second and think about the approach on how this will affect other builds in the upcoming patch. For starters, the fact that damage shields are now going to be affected by this is a HUGE buff in my opinion, and now that necro has a guaranteed chance to apply both of these, provides the opportunity to make some interesting builds. I for one have one already made for the Xbox NA community, in addition with some star venom... Making Necromancer a heavy hitter against builds that try to out heal the burst of blighted following the decay of their healing afterwards.

Thank you @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler for giving us the class in the first place. All I ask is that you continue to give us the community a reason to keep coming back to raise the dead.

Try to keep your heads up fellow necros.

-Avid Necro
Necromancer Main
  • festegios
    festegios
    ✭✭✭
    So, a good thing for PvP?

But irrelevant for pve?
    Options
  • AvidNecro
    AvidNecro
    ✭✭
    festegios wrote: »

But irrelevant for pve?

Well sure. Most necros in PVE are just fine. Make great tanks. And occasionally throw in a major Vulnerability ult. PvP is where they mostly struggled.
    Necromancer Main
    Options
  • moderatelyfatman
    moderatelyfatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    AvidNecro wrote: »
    festegios wrote: »

But irrelevant for pve?

Well sure. Most necros in PVE are just fine. Make great tanks. And occasionally throw in a major Vulnerability ult. PvP is where they mostly struggled.

Hmmm.... isn't there more to PvE than being a tank?
    Well, maybe not anymore for a necro.....
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The sacrificial bones change came about due to alleged PvE complaints. I agree with someone else's idea that rather than removing stalking Blastbones, one of the morphs should have been changed to a sticky dot. It could have relieved the demand to cast Blastbones every three seconds, as the complaint goes. Now it's just another bad skill that's unlikely to be used by anyone.
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blighted really isn't all that much better this patch.

Yes, guaranteeing Diseased is decent, but you were already getting Diseased sometimes with it, and the value for Major Defile was nerfed pretty substantially.

Playing with Blighted since the patch and it feels much weaker than running Stalking last patch.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on March 14, 2024 8:56PM
    Options
  • AvidNecro
    AvidNecro
    ✭✭

Yes, guaranteeing Diseased is decent, but you were already getting Diseased sometimes with it, and the value for Major Defile was nerfed pretty substantially.

Playing with Blighted since the patch and it feels much weaker than running Stalking last patch.

Are you telling me there's no noticeable difference with blighted blast bones (major and minor defile) against arc and sorc damage shields? If not that's disappointing
    Necromancer Main
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AvidNecro wrote: »

Are you telling me there's no noticeable difference with blighted blast bones (major and minor defile) against arc and sorc damage shields? If not that's disappointing

Not really, because while defile is nerfing shields now, shields are also getting buffed by vitality. Vitality ends up being fairly common this patch, so there really isn't a huge difference vs last patch.

It's definitely good, but the shields are so overtuned that it's not some massive buff to Blighted like it seems on paper.

The new disease AoE proc is also very disappointing. The aoe does like 300-600 damage in PvP, that's it.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on March 17, 2024 3:48PM
    Options