The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Update 41 - finalization of PvP destruction with PASSIVES, PROCs and desync

jjjozo
jjjozo
✭✭✭
Update 41:
- passive status effects boosted out of the roof
- burst proc sets remain the same OP
- double-tap keep door bug making you appear at the same side still in the game after 10 years of development
- ball groups still relying on server performance degradation (300ms latency spikes and suppression down to 15-30FPS caused by server side freezing in most cases restricting basic movement or ability use)
- ball groups using non-stun pulls combined with stun and immobilize resulting in permanent stun-lock in desync remain the same OP

Result:
- solo combat builds relying solely on passives and procs, therefore allowing easy high burst tank or permanent damage shield builds
- troll builds relying solely on high speed running around texture abusing distance/obstacle processing desync
- group PvP relying on rapid AoE spam resulting in complete desync of opponents and server processing queue overload
- race/class/gear/ability/skill focus of builds removed, everything is universal
- magicka/stamina focus of builds removed, everything is universal
- ranged combat dominance solely based on simple perma-jumping, while close-combat players can't charge/leap over 1 stair difference (1cm of sharp texture difference)

Every difference making the game playable in 1000 different ways got over the years completely removed by flat unification and unhinged boosting of passives and procs.
Complete server performance deficiency same bad. (PC EU GrayHost ~30FPS ~200ms spikes choppy freezing desynced disaster every day).
Cyrodiil PvP became once again more boring and generic.

BTW, siege stacking in bag after 10 years of PvP is like putting smile sticker on a lacerated artery.
  • Giljabrar
    Giljabrar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I came back for the update, and just as quickly, I'm leaving. What an abysmal state MMO PvP is right now across the board.

Here's hoping somebody can release a decent title before this genre implodes entirely.
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game had the potential to have the better PvP in the market, unfortunately (in my very personal opinion) the combat team is absolutely inadequate for the task.

I stopped playing PvP here because it has become only a source of frustation.
  • ItsNotLiving
    ItsNotLiving
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hybridization is what destroyed PvP. Without it half of the statuses and proc sets wouldn’t be accessible and people would be forced to give up that 40k health to build back into their resource pools. No tank meta no cheese plus you could balance each class through the magicka and stamina divide. I’m sure glad stam DK has whip now I guess.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, most of what you wrote here is actually pretty accurate.

Ball groups are just utilizing the same mechanics as everybody else, but in their environment those mechanics drastically overperform. HOT stacking, shield spam via barrier/gibbering/chakrams, max health, and buff sets are all being abused to a level that I imagine was never intended for, resulting in players with unimaginable stats running around with 40k HP + 15k+ in damage shields and 20k+ healing per second in hots at any given moment. Something has to be done about this, it's gone on for years and we've reached a stage where they're the vast majority of the population at any given moment, and are unstoppable by anything other than another group doing the same thing (and often times, they simply cannot kill each other because the defense drastically outweighs the offense in this setting).

Hybridization definitely has hurt PVP. It has it's pros, but overall I think the impact has been mostly negative. It's allowed people to have the best of everything, which ultimately results in just generally overperforming builds with no sacrifices across the majority of classes. It also effectively halved the number of specs you can play, as before each stamina/magicka variant of every class had its own distinct feeling and set of class skills.

Even worse, hybridization isn't even "complete" years later. They've yet to hybridized potions, class passives, and several other things - resulting in many specs having needlessly inconvenient restrictions applied to them. Additionally, they never did a pass across the lesser utilized/underperforming skills post-hybridization to bring them into line, which has resulted in numerous skills becoming "dead content", as well as forcing people to slot the exact same meta skills on every build in PVP (looking at you, resolving vigor and elemental susceptibility).

It's hard to believe that none of this has been addressed in the past few years despite the extreme amount of feedback given regarding them here on the forums, especially since next patch we'll be getting arguably the most impactful combat changes in the history of the game via spellcrafting (scribing).
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly feel that PvE is all they care about, and they design everything around that. Who cares if you drop a nuclear proc-set on a monster? Not me! But are there any measures in place to make sure that nuke doesn't make its way to PvP? Sadly , no. PvP balance is just collateral damage, I'm afraid. I'm sure they'd be happier if PvP just went away.
  • Shadowbinder7
    Shadowbinder7
    ✭✭
    React wrote: »

Ball groups are just utilizing the same mechanics as everybody else, but in their environment those mechanics drastically overperform. HOT stacking, shield spam via barrier/gibbering/chakrams, max health, and buff sets are all being abused to a level that I imagine was never intended for, resulting in players with unimaginable stats running around with 40k HP + 15k+ in damage shields and 20k+ healing per second in hots at any given moment. Something has to be done about this, it's gone on for years and we've reached a stage where they're the vast majority of the population at any given moment, and are unstoppable by anything other than another group doing the same thing (and often times, they simply cannot kill each other because the defense drastically outweighs the offense in this setting).

Hybridization definitely has hurt PVP. It has it's pros, but overall I think the impact has been mostly negative. It's allowed people to have the best of everything, which ultimately results in just generally overperforming builds with no sacrifices across the majority of classes. It also effectively halved the number of specs you can play, as before each stamina/magicka variant of every class had its own distinct feeling and set of class skills.

Even worse, hybridization isn't even "complete" years later. They've yet to hybridized potions, class passives, and several other things - resulting in many specs having needlessly inconvenient restrictions applied to them. Additionally, they never did a pass across the lesser utilized/underperforming skills post-hybridization to bring them into line, which has resulted in numerous skills becoming "dead content", as well as forcing people to slot the exact same meta skills on every build in PVP (looking at you, resolving vigor and elemental susceptibility).

It's hard to believe that none of this has been addressed in the past few years despite the extreme amount of feedback given regarding them here on the forums, especially since next patch we'll be getting arguably the most impactful combat changes in the history of the game via spellcrafting (scribing).

I honestly don’t pvp too often but I just want to say the comments in this thread are very informative and sadly describe the reality pretty well.

I hope if the devs are reading this, they have a plan for properly redesigning the combat system in a broad sense in order to address all these issues, especially as they also impact pve as well as pvp.

Well done for noting all this down, it should keep being spoken about if there is ever a chance to salvage the MMO and keep it as fun as it can potentially be with the correct combat systems in place
  • Zabulus
    Zabulus
    ✭✭✭
    One of the best post about state of Eso pvp for years !
    Let's hope a boss of the dev team will read it.
  • TheAwesomeChimpanzee
    React wrote: »

I honestly don’t pvp too often but I just want to say the comments in this thread are very informative and sadly describe the reality pretty well.

I hope if the devs are reading this, they have a plan for properly redesigning the combat system in a broad sense in order to address all these issues, especially as they also impact pve as well as pvp.

Well done for noting all this down, it should keep being spoken about if there is ever a chance to salvage the MMO and keep it as fun as it can potentially be with the correct combat systems in place

They don’t , they don’t care about this game's PvP anymore and they won’t balance anything around it. Doesn’t matter how vocal the community is and how much feedback we give every change they make is for the worse, nerfs to proxy and harmony that were completely unwarranted made ball groups and zergs even worse a problem than they already are even tho no one asked for them. None of the devs ever PvP and all the changes they make are based around PvE
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lag is just atrocious right now...I don't know about anyone else but on PS ever since this update the performance has been worse than ever
  • Heals_With_Orbs
    Heals_With_Orbs
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly you cant say too much because you get your comments edited, but what happened to customer service? If you buy a car with a faulty battery you get a replacement or its repaired. Why does this basic customer rights policy that is part of law seem to not apply to game software? We have bought a product that is full of faults and they are still present after 10 years.

I go in pvp sometimes and its terrible, stuck in combat bugs, skills not working, ball groups that cant be defeated because of a trash game design, who cause lag, skills not to work etc.

Why are paying customers not being listened to?

Yesterday I had 4 crashes in Cyrodiil and so did a load of others.

I also have put in a customer support ticket because I believe a stack of my Grand coast experience scrolls have vanished since update 41.

Why do they allow ball groups? They are trolls and bullies. No justification for them, even when people defend them about being "organised" groups we all know what they are about. They dont take the scrolls and disappear like most pvpers, they harrass players. When I saw DC and AD ball groups working together in a keep both sieging in Arrius it just summed up how awful it is, which is a completely unfair game design that makes "heroes" and "champions" from cowards and bullies

• Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just wish they would utilize battle spirit to separate pvp and pve buffs/nerfs, it would solve so many issues
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the biggest problem is a majority of the remaining players in pvp (console) primary focus is breaking the game\server for kills. It's amazing how many people ignore the fact that programmable devices can be set up burst out multiple abilities in a split second in the game, pair that speed builds and then multiple players all doing the same thing... it breaks the game.

Last night watching a group of sorcs playing (not picking on the class) 4 out of the group were spamming abilities so fast that it looked like multiple abilities were firing out of the all at once insta dropping there targets will others (same team) there rate of fire was normal. This went on for a good 15 minutes with this group.

Don't try and tell me it's not happening because after the last ps5 patch a number of devices were unusable for a few weeks and I was kind of shocked how many good players were actually trash and even acknowledged they forgot how to play with out them until a work around was figured out. Also I have research the sites selling this stuff and there are ALOT of scrips out there.

I think the combat system would have to be overhauled to negate the benefits of automating combat. That I think would only happen in a new ESO II release.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate auto correct and wish I could edit my post.