The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Daedric Refuge

Nihilr
Nihilr
✭✭✭
I guess we should have tested it on PTS, before release to give feedback (but we've been busy getting the 2nd new computer built since ESO dropped Windows 7 support--ahem...)

Daedric refuge is a good change.
But why gold/yellow? The colors just don't feel right for the "dark magic" skill line. The skill belongs in this skill line, but the colors are just... too Templar.

Am I the only one?

I love Vibrant Shroud, it is still purple with subtle yellows to hint it is the healing morph. But Daedric Refuge is ALL gold/yellow. 🤦‍♀️

I mean, it's not world breaking, but it just seems odd that someone made this decision and everyone agreed that this matched a "dark" theme.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree about Vibrant Shroud, I think it adds a nice restorative feel that matches the Twilight Matriarch heal.

I think Daedric Refuge might benefit from being gold because it stands out more from the other morph. That said, I really doubt people are going to recognized it and run over to them without a green AoE indicator (not sure if there is one for other players).
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Nihilr
    Nihilr
    ✭✭✭
    I ...I really doubt people are going to recognized it and run over to them without a green AoE indicator (not sure if there is one for other players).

That brings up another good point. From what I've seen--It's a very small point in which you must touch in order to get the shield, as opposed to Daedric Tomb's radii.
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This skill is best used if you position yourself so that the pre determined placement of the runes stack under whoever you want them to effect. If you cast it once and collect a shield, then immediately stand over another before the delay is over it wont automatically pick up a new one. However it you cast a fresh set as soon as one activates you'll automatically pick up another, assuming it's in range. So I think it'll be most effective on a Healer/support that can sustain the re-casting price of potentially spamming it and that's assuming your group even bothers staying clustered enough to benefit.

I also believe it's leaning too far into the Holy Templar aesthetic. My character armor is Black/White colored armor, and the violet effects of skills are the accents, if I'm not using Storm Cloak anyway.. But this thing.. it doesn't fit into the theme I have.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you look real close, the little yellow things floating around your body are actually gold coloured crystals. The same ones you see from Crystal Frag, Crystal Weapon, or Dark Conversion/Deal. At first I was like.. that looks odd, but it grew on me when I realized what they were.

As to why it's yellow, I think it's kind of necessary to help it stand out as positive effect for allies to come and grab. It's a subtle way of handling a skill that is meant for groups, but also very situational and position based.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on March 12, 2024 10:34PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit