Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread, "Scions of Ithelia & Update 41 Now Live On PC/Mac

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
jgyo33rhaiiq.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Scions of Ithelia & Update 41 Now Live On PC/Mac"

"Delve into two new challenging dungeons and begin a story that will take you to West Weald in the Scions of Ithelia DLC and Update 41 base-game patch."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V3SSlcry0Q
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on April 11, 2024 4:41PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    Since todays update I cannot access my message in the in game "Mail" system. It shows the number of messages I have but does not show the messages. I have done repair twice now with same effect. This is not the first time we have had "ghost mail" rear its ugly head. Has happend several times in the last 10 years. And here it is again.
  • Techwolf_Lupindo
    Techwolf_Lupindo
    ✭✭✭
    Huge problem with the update. No ADA folks can read chat anymore. This game was promoted as something ADA folks could use, not anymore. Any lawyers care to chime in?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Since todays update I cannot access my message in the in game "Mail" system. It shows the number of messages I have but does not show the messages. I have done repair twice now with same effect. This is not the first time we have had "ghost mail" rear its ugly head. Has happend several times in the last 10 years. And here it is again.

We'll pass this on to the Dev Team for investigation. Thanks for letting us know. When you have a chance, could you either post or dm me your UserID? We can pass that along as well.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Huge problem with the update. No ADA folks can read chat anymore. This game was promoted as something ADA folks could use, not anymore. Any lawyers care to chime in?

Can you elaborate on this? How are folks not able to read chat anymore? We have seen some of the comments around font changes being small for some players due to the UI Rendering and reported those to the team. So it is documented and being address. Just trying to make sure we did not miss anything else.
    Staff Post
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    My game id is @doctor_demento I have 15 characters. I have now checked 3. ALL now have 39 messages that are completely invisible. Not hard to read, invisible. Cannot see any part of the messages. The game is now unplayable. Plus my CP it now says is 2242. It is not. It is 3342. Or was a couple of days ago. I have played over 10 years now. It is physically impossible to be 2242. I am disabled and play 12 - 14 hours a day, 7 days a week. I have 15 lvl 50 characters. Fix my CP back to 3342 so I can finally reach 3600 soon. Thanks. (btw, I have done a game repair on the launcher 3 times now) Just to add for the DEVS. I have played over 17,928 hours, so yes my CORRECT CP is over 3342. Thanks.

Doctor_Demento

***UPDATE***
    Since the updates finally started coming in, things have gotten better mostly. But much is still broken. I am fixing to log in for today. (little late, had paperwork to get done this morning) I'll see how it goes today. Good luck!
    Edited by Doctor_Demento on March 17, 2024 3:30PM
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just chiming to say thanks for this nice surprise for eso+ users.

The sabertooth is a lovely one.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the Known Issues thread. I appreciate the summary and the transparency.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this. Undaunted Pledge key rewards were increased in today's patch yes/no?
    We just ran today's (Mon, 3/11) pledges. On City of Ash 2 and Banished Cells 2 on vet with Hard Mode (scroll on Skoria and tanking daedroth on BC2) - All four of us confirmed: only two keys per dungeon as quest rewards.
    Not the 4 keys each as advertised.

Please advise if I'm posting incorrectly here. Happy to do as you prefer.

(edit): Just ran Shipwright's Regret (DLC pledge) on normal to test - DID receive two keys for normal.
    Edited by Kungfu on March 12, 2024 2:04AM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kungfu wrote: »
    Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this. Undaunted Pledge key rewards were increased in today's patch yes/no?
    We just ran today's (Mon, 3/11) pledges. On City of Ash 2 and Banished Cells 2 on vet with Hard Mode (scroll on Skoria and tanking daedroth on BC2) - All four of us confirmed: only two keys per dungeon as quest rewards.
    Not the 4 keys each as advertised.

Please advise if I'm posting incorrectly here. Happy to do as you prefer.

(edit): Just ran Shipwright's Regret (DLC pledge) on normal to test - DID receive two keys for normal.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/654002/pc-mac-patch-notes-v9-3-5-scions-of-ithelia-dlc-update-41

Increased Undaunted Key Rewards
    The Undaunted have finally recognized the increased difficulty of daily dungeon quests offered by Urgarlag Chief-bane. Accordingly, the Undaunted key rewards have been increased to incentivize intrepid adventurers to band together and clear out those more dangerous dungeons. This does not affect quests offered by Glirion the Redbeard or Maj al-Ragath.
    Normal: 1 -> 2 Keys
    Veteran: 1 -> 3 Keys
    Hard Mode: 2 -> 4 Keys
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium Armor – Sluthrug’s Hunger
    2 – Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    3 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    4 – Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
    5 – Healing yourself or an ally makes your target Blood Hungry for 3 seconds. Dealing direct damage to an enemy makes them Bloodied for 3 seconds. Bloodied enemies take 4% more damage from and deal 4% less damage to Blood Hungry targets.

This set doesn't seem to proc off of overhealing an Ally. I am unsure if this was intentional or not, but leaving it as is in game makes this armor set completely dead on arrival. This is such a shame too, because it otherwise would have been an incredible addition to the list of useful DPS/Healer support sets that were viable to run in organized Trial Groups. It wouldn't even be all that strong compared to other DPS support sets such as Zens or Elemental Catalyst. So many were excited to try out this set, only to find out it is unusable in any content where ALL dps are taking damage every 3 seconds.

Either make overheals count (the preferred option) or quadruple the duration of the buff so this set can at least fill some niche use. Currently there is zero reason anyone would ever use this set.