The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Achievements broken, completely reset 10 years worth of progress

Sallymen
Sallymen
✭✭✭✭✭
3ge47xdv9fg2.png
User ID in PC/NA: Sallymen
Current Undaunted Key Count: 4,902
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Sallymen, Can you try something? Please try switching to another character and then switching back. See if the achievements are back after doing that.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Gingaroth
    Gingaroth
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_Kevin ,

I have the same problem, about 3 years of achievements completely reset to 0.
    Also, my master crafter forgot all of his runestones, as did all other characters I checked this on.

On the map, all worldbosses and dolmens are in black, indicating 'not beaten'.
    The public and group dungeons are not, though, those seem accurare.

I tried the character switching solution, but it hasn't helped for me so far.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Gingaroth Could you provide your UserID? We are currently investigating.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh… this is scary.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    do the titles, dyes, collectables, etc associated with achievements also disappear?
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I, on the other hands, somehow ends up getting the kill 100 sorcerer player achievement. Which is weird cause I don't PvP and I'm not build for PvP. Most then likely, I got killed by 100 sorcerer, but definitely not killed 100 sorcerer player.
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭
    do the titles, dyes, collectables, etc associated with achievements also disappear?

And the skill points??
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My achievements look fine, but when I logged in I got four achievement notifications for achievements I'd already had for ages.
  • Sheridan
    Sheridan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I guess I will refrain from logging in today...
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    i had the same problem, but switching to another char fixed it.
  • dcrush
    dcrush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this a ten year anniversary gift? All achievements reset? Def not logging in until there is some clarity on this.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraFan wrote: »
    My achievements look fine, but when I logged in I got four achievement notifications for achievements I'd already had for ages.

This happened to me too, but only on the first character logged in.
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, now I’m afraid of logging in… Have already downloaded the patch. Can that alone have erased 10 years of progress?
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    AzuraFan wrote: »
    This happened to me as well.

Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭
    This fascinating to me. From a programing POV, how would this even happen?
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got addon errors when I logged in.
    Even After updating the addons.
    figured I'd take today off after collecting the freebie pack with mount, pet and stuff

:#
  • Sepultura_13
    Sepultura_13
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't downloaded the patch yet, so I haven't logged in. I think that I'll wait to do so until this new issue is investigated, and people provide more info than empty screenshots.

Perhaps ZoS will have to ask similar questions of players as they did when the issue with claiming Orsinium occurred?

Example:

Which platform do you play on?
    Which server do you play on?
    Which chapters / DLCs do you have?
    Do you have ESO+?
    Do you use add-ons? <
    I think that this question is the most important one, as people who use add-ons tend to have the most issues following a major update. Which is one of many reasons why I refuse to use them.
  • zenonuk
    zenonuk
    Same happened for me also - logged in - got a bunch of Orsinium achievements I'd already had, everything else gone.

No luck relogging or restarting the game. In fact relogging, removed the Orsinium achievements granted on first login, and now back to 0 achievement points again :disappointed:

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you not been playing since the beginning of the year?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious about this too.

I don't remember seeing an issue on PTS, but I can't run back in and quick check since I play on NA and EU's on PTS right now.

But I do wonder is OP (or anyone else with this issue) has tried without addons. The initial screenshot is obviously from an addon since that's not a basegame UI, and the other thread on this topic did mention a specific addon affecting them:
    Zymcio wrote: »
    For me Perfect Pixel was the issue just turn it off on all chars exit game re enter and it should be fine

Could anyone affected try to check without addons and see if the issue still persists?

• zenonuk
    zenonuk
    I did try disabling ALL addons - playing pure native, no addons - still have same issue - achievements is 0 points.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There are free giveaways in Crown Store this month tied to Orsinium achievements. It also looks like the new dungeons have some ties in to Orsinium. And they just gave away Orsinium (after some hiccups) as a Daily Reward. So there was probably some background attempt to scan and update Orsinium achievements and make sure they were accurate, either to avoid problems in the future like we just had or setting the stage for some kind of Gold Road stuff. And they goofed it up. Hopefully just a display issue that will eventually resolve itself...
  • Gingaroth
    Gingaroth
    ✭✭✭
    To answer some questions:
    Not for me, I still got all the titles and colors earned with achievements.
    And the skill points??
    My skillpoints, abilities and championpoints are normal.

Which platform do you play on? - PC
    Which server do you play on? - Europe
    Which chapters / DLCs do you have? -The last thing I bought was the Gold Road Deluxe Upgrade, before that, the Necrom upgrade. I think I got most of the other DLC areas from bundles, except for Murkmire and the DLC dungeons.
    Do you have ESO+? - Yes
    Do you use add-ons? -No add-ons whatsoever
  • zenonuk
    zenonuk
    If it's any help - collected Eidetic Memory and lore books are also fine.

From the patch notes: A copy of “The Curse of Blackscale Island” is now present outside of the entrance to the Disquiet Study when the delve quest is completed.

When I go to the Disquiet Study - it's showing as incomplete on the map, and achievement points is 0, no disquiet study explorer achievement - and the lore book is outside the delve as expected, which you wouldn't expect without having completed the quest.

Also tried a full repair through the launcher - that hasn't worked to fix things either.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi folks, we have something for you to try to help resolve the issue.
    1. We would like to see if /reloadui helps to clear up the issue.
    2. If you are using addons, please clear disable all addons (100% of them, please) and then do a re/reloadui after disabling the addons.
    Let us know if you see any change after the reload.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on March 11, 2024 4:01PM
    Staff Post
  • metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    subarctic wrote: »
    Wow, now I’m afraid of logging in… Have already downloaded the patch. Can that alone have erased 10 years of progress?

It seems like it's more of a display issue than anything else. Nothing is actually lost or reset.

To be fair, it was a bit startling to log in and see the achievement pane blank, but logging to a different character and then logging back in to the first character fixed it.
  • zenonuk
    zenonuk
    Not for me - no change - disabled everything, reloadui - still 0 points.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it something that's in the SavedVariables folder?

Have you tried logging in after removing the SavedVariables and see if it still persists there? If you logged in the first time with an addon, it may have already created some variable in there that's not resetting properly.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess this is a great solution for all the players that complained they have nothing to do. Go redo your achievements! :)
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • zenonuk
    zenonuk
    swapping toons has worked - did that with addons disabled - now all addons are enabled, and achievements are back - showing correctly, and with the correct/original character assignments