The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

For the love of God why can't I break free?

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
Sigh....so tired of getting killed like this. I'll be either stunned, rooted, feared, or SOMETHING.....stamina is full. Roll-dodge, nothing.....breakfree, nothing. There I sit...and dead. Why the heck won't roll dodge or break free work in these cases?
  • ItsNotLiving
    ItsNotLiving
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lag.
    Options
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag/Desync has been very bad in the event and I suspect they pulled some anti-lag trick to hide the problem, but you can tell from many odd behaviors:

- i hit someone with a combo, hp dropped a tiny bit, was going to retreat but a second later a huge drop and then he died by 2nd or 3rd attack.
    - was killed by a green beam which only blinked once but many ticks in recap, meaning I had been hit without even seeing it on screen for 2 full seconds.

My ping is below 100 all the time.
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no break free. only cc
    Options
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its same for me, CC's in this game are so stressful.
    About 30% of my button presses actually go through, the Desyncs are so heavy and proc set damage is so high.
    Player movement is client side so it feels like movement is ok on your screen, but you could be so much as 20 meters away from where you think you are at time, and all that catching up is so bad.

Problem is ZOS build their game to have this fast paced gameplay but the game just doesn't work very well, its like there's a little gremlin sat behind my pc unplugging and plugging back in my keyboard.

Edited by Starlight_Knight on March 6, 2024 10:04PM
    Options
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah.....all the time I've been thinking it's a skill issue...maybe not after all. This really helps me out...guess there's not much I can do then...thank you!
    Options
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    Ah.....all the time I've been thinking it's a skill issue...maybe not after all. This really helps me out...guess there's not much I can do then...thank you!

Basically this. At a certain level of play its going to simply come down to the quality of internet connections and a bit of random luck with who gets what signal first from the server. That isn't to say that skill doesn't ever play a role but beyond a limit your internet will have a greater impact than you realize just by casually observing what you see on your own screen. Faster speeds and more stable connections will always have an advantage. This is why build videos are pretty much bunk to me. You need to build for what your personal abilities AND your internet allows for you to do.
    Options
  • KaosWarMonk
    KaosWarMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Freddy Mercury had the same problem

:(
    Options
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution is always cc first
    Options