The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Official Discussion Thread, "Loremaster's Archive - Malacath and Maelstrom"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
uwedv2ufee9g.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Loremaster's Archive - Malacath and Maelstrom"

"Madam Whim, Daedric entrepreneur and resident of Fargrave, shares her knowledge of the Demiprince Fa-Nuit-Hen and the Daedric Prince Malacath in a new Loremaster’s Archive."
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on March 11, 2024 12:25PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Prophet_of_Malacath
    "The Prince is the realm, the realm is the Prince."
    • So with EXILE TO EXODUS, did Malak exist before the Ashpit as some minor spirit? Perhaps he carved true Princedom in dying, taking a portion of Boethiah's realm (and power?) for himself?

The Aedra as naught more than a story.
    • Is she being honest?
    • Does she have gaps in knowledge?
    • Are the Psijics half-right, in the Aedra just being over-glorified mortals?
    • If Boethiah is Trinimac, maybe that's the power arc? Trinimac, a Knight ascending to Boethiah, a Prince. The Aedra as not distinct from ghosts or daedra, depending on how those dead mortals end up? Or maybe as Trinimac-the-dead-ghost wandered the Many Paths & returned as Boethiah, Malak masqueraded as Trinimac unaware the original escaped?

She refers to Orcs as Orsimer.

She casts doubt on the elven origin tho with
    • "Which is more likely?
    • That an all-powerful Aedra found itself consumed by a Daedric Prince and recast in the mold of a pale shadow of itself in a far-flung realm of Oblivion?
    • Or that mortal scholars with a bias would eagerly leap on the metaphor that the Daedric Prince most associated with the Orc people was quite literally the excreted remains of a once-great god?"

I wish we had clarity on Orkey/Orkha vs Malak/Mauloch vs Tu'whacca and other stuff but to live in mystery is our burden/joy.

(edit: I hope we get that cool Vaermina daedra as a house guest or dummy)
    Edited by Prophet_of_Malacath on March 7, 2024 3:42PM
    The Pariah's Forge is an Orsimer-focused Discord RP Hub: https://discord.gg/KfuWGFDXJC
  • C_Inside
    C_Inside
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping we'd get some lore implications as to why the divine beings that weave the tapestry that is the Elder Scrolls timeline of events have inexplicably decided to remove necromancer's most damaging skill and changed it to a useless self buff that none of the residents of Tamriel wanted, but alas. I guess not even "esteemed Madame Whim" knows the *whims* of the divine.
  • TheRimOfTheSky
    TheRimOfTheSky
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see the Mikget question answered. Some responses felt like non-answers but I'm glad the characters maintained their personality throughout the archive, it was easy to read it in Madam Whim's voice

RIP Mikget, loving father and husband, died in a glue trap, ME 2500 - 2E 584
    ON-creature-Mikget.jpg
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to thank the illustrious Madame Whim for answering my question. I got the information I was looking for. :)

I can only assume poor Gabrielle had to pay some hefty price on our behalf though. :D Sorry, Gabby! We love you! B)
    (I am a little curious as to what the bargain she made was, lol).

~~

I did really appreciate that Madame Whim took the time to answer the question about the scamp.
    (This wasn't my question, for clarification). I did really enjoy that. And it seemed the Madame enjoyed the question as well. A part of me kind of wants to see a lesser daedra vying for a Prince-like power now. That would make for an interesting dynamic if one could pull it off.

~~

I appreciate so much that we have the opportunity to interact with characters like this. But I also really like talking to daedra in particular because of how different they tend to think compared to mortals; Fargrave is one of my favorite places because of this.

Even if it's the case that she deflected a lot of the questions she was asked (well, she IS a daedra after all. They often like not giving straight answers), I felt it did give us an insight into her mind. That was cool. I hope we get more archives in the future.

~~~~
    Edited by Wolf_Eye on March 8, 2024 3:08PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feels like we get fewer questions answered, and many of them aren't exactly "answered". Instead we get something very vague, or information we already know.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish we had Kuhlmann and Kirkbride back. Or at least Schick.
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feels like we get fewer questions answered, and many of them aren't exactly "answered". Instead we get something very vague, or information we already know.

I can't help but wonder if there's some restriction now on what all new lore they want made for articles like this. It could explain why answers are fewer and less insightful.
    Still waiting for answers about class set aura behavior, and also hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see the Mikget question answered. Some responses felt like non-answers but I'm glad the characters maintained their personality throughout the archive, it was easy to read it in Madam Whim's voice

RIP Mikget, loving father and husband, died in a glue trap, ME 2500 - 2E 584
    ON-creature-Mikget.jpg

we need our scamp homie mikget back!