The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

So since we're getting ability skins, how about a rainbow beam for fatecarver

BloodyStigmata
BloodyStigmata
✭✭✭✭✭
Also maybe some butterfly projectiles for runeblades.

Preferably earnable in game, but you know, if I mu$t get it some other way, cool.

You know you want to ZOS.

Take a look, it's in a book.
Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    by the 8 divines no... I want it to fit into ESO lore... if you want something like that play like Final Fantasy 14 or something.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am expecting something of the sort to pop up in the crown crates sometime in the future.
  • Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am also not really the biggest fan of flashy stuff, but since fate carver is anyway beyond what I consider aesthetic, why not. The butterfly stuff could actually work as some kind of mad sheo version. I think plain recolors is what we might get first.
    I really hope they also provide animations that tone down the vanilla version.
    Edited by Vaqual on February 18, 2024 10:31PM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    by the 8 divines no... I want it to fit into ESO lore... if you want something like that play like Final Fantasy 14 or something.

it would totally fit in the lore.
    Meridian Cultist who's an Arcanist could probably make their beams rainbow coloured
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was just joking but as a lore nerd myself, now I'm intrigued.

Present your best, most well-thought-out argument as to why it would be entirely, as a matter of objective fact, impossible for a magic spell to be rainbow colored. And remember now, you made the claim it wouldn't be lore friendly so the burden of proof is on you.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 word "Seizure". the ability is already very flashy it will be like that Porygon episode in pokemon all over again.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #JusticeforPorygon That was entirely Pikachu's fault. I'd love to see a rainbow Fatecarver, it sounds like fun!
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 word "Seizure". the ability is already very flashy it will be like that Porygon episode in pokemon all over again.

Honestly this. The game is becoming more and more difficult for me to play with all the constant flashbang weapon skins, mounts, extreme recalls customisations, and the Arcanist beams. I even consider my issues somewhat mild. I don't get seizures or migraines, but all of these things that has increased a lot the latest years is giving me a lot of eyepain and occasional headaches, making it difficult to do a lot of content.

I do not want things that will make it even worse.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever you fancy, just let me have an invisible Grim Focus.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In like a slightly less dramatic Prior Thierric–style effect, that would be great lol. Just a nice prismatic beam. It guess it would be a Meridia skin
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take a look, it's in a book.

I have that song stuck in my head now and it’s all your fault.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In like a slightly less dramatic Prior Thierric–style effect, that would be great lol. Just a nice prismatic beam. It guess it would be a Meridia skin

without the purple flash that would be nice and what i imagined when i saw the post

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taste the Rainbow!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly this. The game is becoming more and more difficult for me to play with all the constant flashbang weapon skins, mounts, extreme recalls customisations, and the Arcanist beams. I even consider my issues somewhat mild. I don't get seizures or migraines, but all of these things that has increased a lot the latest years is giving me a lot of eyepain and occasional headaches, making it difficult to do a lot of content.

You lost me at 'extreme recalls customisations'... because... what? They are all single-color, so the only difference is the shade... blue, red, green, gold and now the ice one. None of them are 'flashy' and honestly are rarely even seen. Even the new action animations are pretty mild. The mounts, yes, are getting way out of control for their flashiness. But then again, in my personal experience, unless I'm doing dolmen runs, I rarely see other mount animations. If I personally choose a flashy mount, then that's on me having to see that animation every time I mount... but otherwise, yeah, I rarely see other player's mounts. Arcanist, honestly, I got to the point when playing it that I rarely even noticed the animations anymore.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

You lost me at 'extreme recalls customisations'... because... what? They are all single-color, so the only difference is the shade... blue, red, green, gold and now the ice one. None of them are 'flashy' and honestly are rarely even seen. Even the new action animations are pretty mild. The mounts, yes, are getting way out of control for their flashiness. But then again, in my personal experience, unless I'm doing dolmen runs, I rarely see other mount animations. If I personally choose a flashy mount, then that's on me having to see that animation every time I mount... but otherwise, yeah, I rarely see other player's mounts. Arcanist, honestly, I got to the point when playing it that I rarely even noticed the animations anymore.

Legionnaire's Recall is white and bright and huge.
    and it does flash.

https://youtu.be/KZKbg8t3dSk?si=3X680uJQQYeomnFQ

lr6ynxkiq9hh.jpg

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The day I see those things in game will be the day I uninstall the game.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

and it does flash.

Honestly, I've never seen that recall, ever, but again, it's a person's choice to equip it or not. And unless someone is standing around a wayshrine just watching people, I don't see it as a problem. Unlike Arcanist beam or other combat visuals that can be seen on a regular basis.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah this would be nice too. Maybe an option to turn off persistent effects in the settings or something, idk.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

and it does flash.

https://youtu.be/KZKbg8t3dSk?si=3X680uJQQYeomnFQ

lr6ynxkiq9hh.jpg

This is exactly the recall I had in mind, and it seems they are going to add more of these "unique" recalls. Having this suddenly flash up right infront of my character is not pleasant to my eyes.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on February 21, 2024 8:25PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would that make a khajiit arcanist NyanCat?
  • KaosWarMonk
    KaosWarMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Client side settings to be able to set your visual flavour from grim dark through to my little pony would be nice.
  • iPlayOnlyESO
    iPlayOnlyESO
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they will enable us to disable animation of abilities. Hide helmet, hide shoulders, hide animation...
    So that we can fully enjoy arms packs with visual effects.
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh please no! The bright green is bad enough.
  • Minstrel9806

Yeah this would be nice too. Maybe an option to turn off persistent effects in the settings or something, idk.

I personally like the permanent Grim Focus glow, but i agree. Having the option to turn it off would be great especially since it's still visible on weapons that are supposed to be invisible while sheathed.

Now that we're at it, can we get the same treatment for the Hurricane transparency? i'm a lil tired of being a ghost while playing a Stamina Sorcerer
    Edited by Minstrel9806 on March 7, 2024 9:48PM
  • Minstrel9806
    I hope they will enable us to disable animation of abilities. Hide helmet, hide shoulders, hide animation...
    So that we can fully enjoy arms packs with visual effects.

I only hope there won't be an hide legs and chest feature.
    I can already sense an army of obese naked Orcs running towards me