The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Tower of Unutterable Truths is Overpriced

Shagreth
Shagreth
✭✭✭✭✭
Yeah, a silly thing to say when all big houses like this are overpriced, but still, I can't justify its price when compared to say, Fogbreak Lighthouse. I wish you guys reduced the prices for Notable Houses across the board. @ZOS_Kevin Spending well over 80$ for a house is ridiculous, especially in today's economy. <snip>

p.s. more small cozy houses please, we keep asking but you rarely deliver. A cozy little wooden house over at Cipher's Midden would sell like MAD.

<snipped for Trolling>
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on February 22, 2024 9:46PM
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    is a nice house though, have not tested whether or not we die dropping into the depths of it yet though
  • Vaqual
    Vaqual
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daoin wrote: »
    is a nice house though, have not tested whether or not we die dropping into the depths of it yet though

it brings you to the roof
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daoin wrote: »

This made me laugh, I haven't previewed the house yet, but good to know there are perilous depths :tongue:
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was excited for it at first... but after previewing it last night, it'll be a pass. I just cannot even envision setting it up, it's just oddly shaped and honestly, the color was nauseating after being in there awhile. I'm fine with Apocrypha everywhere else, but inside this home, it was just not pleasant.

I'd rather have a more simple "sanctum" than this hot mess.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I was excited for it at first... but after previewing it last night, it'll be a pass. I just cannot even envision setting it up, it's just oddly shaped and honestly, the color was nauseating after being in there awhile. I'm fine with Apocrypha everywhere else, but inside this home, it was just not pleasant.

I'd rather have a more simple "sanctum" than this hot mess.
    Couldn't agree more. I usually have a general idea of what I want to do once I step in a house and this has nothing to do with the Herma theme being alien etc. it's just badly structured, even the outside area feels awkward, very bad position for a house as big as this. I'd only purchase this if it cost around the same as the Snowglobe one.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s too bad. I did want a house in Apocrypha and I like aspects of the style in some of the delves and the Archive, but viewing the house on the PTS, I wasn’t sure what to make of the layout. Some levels just felt cramped and dismal to me rather than spooky or gothic. Plus outside the house, I felt it was a real missed opportunity to not include waters and seekers passing by — this is an aspect I love about the Doomchar Plateau.

Unless the price is right for me, I’ll probably get the furnishings instead and continue making over Bastion Sanguinaris into my Apocryphal Athenaeum.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'm going to buy the furnishing pack, and add them to my Emissary's Enclave house. I really love this house, and it has an entrance to the Outlaw's Refuge built in. This was probably one of their better designed houses IMO.

What's funny is, I just realized a short time ago that I actually have the Kelesan'ruhn house in the Telvanni Peninsula as well, didn't even realize I owned it until I saw it on the house list and was confused as I knew I hadn't bought any houses there other than the EE house, so I teleported there. It's actually quite decent, and was amazed that it was FREE due to apparently participating in an event I was not even aware of. LoL!
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    i hope we can have more small house that can be purchased with gold coins
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evymyu233 wrote: »
    i hope we can have more small house that can be purchased with gold coins
    Imagine a tiny house with a yard in Cipher's Midden or Seyda Neen (I can't express how much Morrowind and that place means to me and many others) both huge missed opportunities, they always just give ua whay we don't want. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I hope you guys are listening to our feedback.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My wish always remains the same: please give us more empty plots of land to build on ourselves! Especially since we have more and more huge structural furnishings.

I looked at the Tower, but there isn't even a large outside area that you could build on. I don't even have to think twice about whether I buy the house or not, it's a clear no for me.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    My wish always remains the same: please give us more empty plots of land to build on ourselves! Especially since we have more and more huge structural furnishings.

I looked at the Tower, but there isn't even a large outside area that you could build on. I don't even have to think twice about whether I buy the house or not, it's a clear no for me.
    IMO every single area should have a small (or two) a medium and then a notable (since they love those so much) and an empty plot.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got gladesong I can't get another geez.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of spending 80 dollars on this house, I spent 29 on Nightingale. Already have close to 50 hours in, I am loving it (outside of the early access issues plaging every early access game) and I feel the stockholme syndrome wearing off of me with ESO pricing, meaning its nice to pay for a game, and play for fun with everything attainable in game.

Its utterly amazing how much we spend in ESO and how little we get. Starting to think its time to ackowledge the cost sunk fallacy and move on. Spending more in ESO is not going to make it any more fun.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of spending 80 dollars on this house, I spent 29 on Nightingale. Already have close to 50 hours in, I am loving it (outside of the early access issues plaging every early access game) and I feel the stockholme syndrome wearing off of me with ESO pricing, meaning its nice to pay for a game, and play for fun with everything attainable in game.

Its utterly amazing how much we spend in ESO and how little we get. Starting to think its time to ackowledge the cost sunk fallacy and move on. Spending more in ESO is not going to make it any more fun.
    I honestly don't know what world the devs are living in, provided that pricing of the crown store is in their control, but Rich Lambert before has defended the practice of even Crown Crates, so, there's that. Anyway, it's brutal out there nowadays, not sure how bad it is in the US, but it's quite bad in Europe -- a reduction in some prices would help a lot of people that want to keep supporting the game with things outside of the subscription, dlc etc. I honestly wouldn't mind that much, but the reward system in ESO is quite bad, with most of the nice cosmetics ending up for $.
    Edited by Shagreth on February 26, 2024 12:52PM
  • VisitHammerfell
    VisitHammerfell
    ✭✭✭
    Fully agree on a cozy wooden home in Cipher's Midden! Like Twin Arches sized or so, maybe a little balcony. Now that I most of the ones that I really like, I rarely buy the large homes anymore due to the cost (Fair Winds & Shadow Queen being the latest exceptions). Even besides the unaffordable cost, I'd much rather buy idk say Cipher's Midden house, Orsinium townhouse, Vastyr apartment, Fargrave loft for the price of one megamansion. And Sword Singer's from the PTS, like I don't need a giant cave I just want a Hammerfell guild house :(

Tower itself is cool but too difficult to decorate. Not for me, bu have to wait and see what some housing ethusiasts do with it before I judge it too much.
    FOR THE COVENANT!
    PS NA 2200+ CP
    🦁 Colonel 1 (25)

PS EU 1300+ CP
    🦁 Tribune 2 (28)

PS NA Alt 500+ CP
    🦁 Captain 1 (19)

Bring back Crafty Lerisa (with same voice actress)
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hall of the Lunar Champion is free and maybe the largest of all houses!

Coldharbour Surreal Estate can be bought by a million gold.

Doomchar Plateau can be earned by event tickets.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightingale is fabulous. I give it two thumbs despite all the negativity. Has some rough edges but it is brilliant.

But the games are very different beasts in relation to housing.

I found myself a lovely Nightingale island to live on with multiple gorgeous fountains and set myself to building.

Even just sticking with a block'ish design it is complicated. Faking round(ish) is possible but complicated.

Meanwhile ESO isn't bound by the block limitation and assuming they make something to your tastes, being able to just move in and start furnishing is a boon.

For me this is the first crown store home to tick all of my boxes. Seeing the house only now I've had to put in a support ticket begging them to let me buy it minus all furnishings. Hoping they still do that.

I've just recently had the opportunity to try Arcanist and love it.

I would prefer that none of the houses be crown store only but for me, there is nothing else I could spend this amount of money on to get the same amount of joy.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »

Nightingale is fabulous. I give it two thumbs despite all the negativity. Has some rough edges but it is brilliant.

But the games are very different beasts in relation to housing.

I found myself a lovely Nightingale island to live on with multiple gorgeous fountains and set myself to building.

Even just sticking with a block'ish design it is complicated. Faking round(ish) is possible but complicated.

Meanwhile ESO isn't bound by the block limitation and assuming they make something to your tastes, being able to just move in and start furnishing is a boon.

For me this is the first crown store home to tick all of my boxes. Seeing the house only now I've had to put in a support ticket begging them to let me buy it minus all furnishings. Hoping they still do that.

I've just recently had the opportunity to try Arcanist and love it.

I would prefer that none of the houses be crown store only but for me, there is nothing else I could spend this amount of money on to get the same amount of joy.

I have since moved on from Nightingale to Ensrhouded. Still, both games together cost less than this house and I am already 250 hours into the game.

Wife and I are having a ton of fun in Enshrouded. Its amazing once you get away from ESO how much a video game can deliver in fun for a paltry amount of money.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • odaphii
    odaphii
    Cozy homes; YES. I would love a house in Seyda Neen or something. My biggest wish is that we one day get to visit Whiterun and Breezehome becomes available!
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to create a "H.Mora" home and had high hopes for this one but like others once inside it I could just not get any inspiration as to where I would place things.
    I can create all these great book stacks, levitating books, filled bookshelves etc. but this house provides no space to do anything with them.
    I think I will turn to my Earthtear Cavern or my Cold Harbor property to build my Mora themed place. The Cavern is winning so far in my idea process.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alastrine wrote: »
    I can create all these great book stacks, levitating books, filled bookshelves etc. but this house provides no space to do anything with them.

You could treat the ground floor as a lot of small spaces around the outside.

First floor has 3 large rooms.

Basement / inky pool floor has lots of potential. I don't have my hands on it yet so can't confirm but my guess is it would be possible to floor over that pool if you either don't like or just want more space.

The outer ring on the basement level also strikes me as more potential floor space. Possibly more complicated for being circular but I'm guessing that at least some of the Apocrypha structural pieces will fit neatly to create more floor space over the gaping void.

Plus or alternatively there's also the space beneath. Previewing the house I jumped down onto the rocks so it should be possible to build an entire floor across those.

The only space I couldn't see myself doing much with is the second / top floor which doesn't look big enough to do anything other than serve as an exit to the balcony.