The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Colovian War Tart without impact on AP gain when repairing

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
I've made tests.

When you repair a keep you get X AP (in my case 120 AP per kit).

With the delve buff of 10% I get 144 AP, so a little more than +10%

Now when I eat colovian war tart buff food I get: 144 AP, so: zero AP gain.

Looks like this buff only applies to other things but not repair. Is this intentional? Could not read it in the buff food description.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The war torte, as described, increases alliance rank and alliance war skill line xp. Nowhere does it say it increases AP gain itself, just XP based off ap gains.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mh, but alliance rank is won by gaining ap, isn't it? Well, that is how I understood it.
    Thinking about it: My numbers above are from the number pops floating around my screen. As on the right bottom corner it only shows AP gains above 999, it is difficult to see if there is a discrepancy...

It is not that I really need the currency. I have more ap currency than gold^^

I am interested in the rank gain ap
    Edited by AnduinTryggva on March 1, 2024 9:00AM
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Shara_Wynn on March 1, 2024 9:24AM
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! So they confirm that alliance rank is increased. What does this mean? I don't understand. Do I rank up faster or slower with that food?
    Edited by AnduinTryggva on March 1, 2024 10:15AM
  • ShadowPaladin
    ShadowPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! So they confirm that alliance rank is increased. What does this mean? I don't understand. Do I rank up faster or slower with that food?

You do rank up faster, since it increases the amount of AP(XP) which are added to your rank.

Example:
    • your AvA XP is at 10,000 and normally you would get for something 1,000 AP without the food --> your AvA XP increases to 11,000 and you get 1,000 AP you can use
    • your AvA XP is at 10,000 and you get 1,000 AP this time WITH the foodbuff of lets say 50% --> your AvA XP increases to 11,500 ...but... you still only get 1,000 AP you can use

For the second example you can see that you gained with the food-buff active an additional 500 AP(XP) for your AvA rank.
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you gain the same actual number of APs (as a currency), but 50% more Alliance rank and 50% more Assault and Support skill level rank *for* the APs that you gain.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also be sure to take any daily login rewards on that character. We got a ton last month, and they all counted towards rank. I leveled up two characters from Assault/Support 5 to 6 with those rewards. (War Torte and the event bonus do not work on them, though.)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the delve buff is 20%, but this applies to actual AP gain

the war torte basically only acts as an XP scroll for alliance rank and skill lines, no actual AP is gained but it treats your ranks as if you earned that extra AP
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Colovian War Tart"....

Um. Well, I can't post where my mind went. But hey, every little bit of amusement I guess!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The annoying thing for me is it can't be renewed until it's run out - there's been a couple of times this event I've gone in to a keep with a few seconds left, got bombed and missed out on the tik, one of them for about 85k so would've been a nice chunk of rank.

It would help if you could at least use it while dead - tho as I say that I realise I haven't actually tried so don't know for sure it doesn't work :D
    PS4 EU
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It doesn't. :D

But yeah, the cheap tart tends to finish early, leaving you unsatisfied in the most inconvenient moments.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »

But yeah, the cheap tart tends to finish early, leaving you unsatisfied in the most inconvenient moments.

You win the forum today! :D
    PS4 EU
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »

Think we both have eaten that same tart :)
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.