The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[HELP] OdySupportIcons deleted but Icons still popp up

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
I once installed this addon in the title as this was recommended to me for trials. However, it became annoying as quite obstrusive and with icons popping up above the heads of people and npc where I did not want them nor activate them. So I decided to delete it via minion (with which I've installed it).
I checked the addon folder in the user folder and the folder of this addon is not there.

Yet, I still get these random icons popping up and even the quick selection menue popped up in the most unwanted moment.

Can sb help me to get rid of it entirely (ideally without uninstalling and deleting all addons)?
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking about the targeting icons that ZOS added to the game a few updates ago?

Those are things like the gold star, the crescent, the skull, etc.

You cannot remove them from the game, but you can disable the keybind to activate them. The only downside to doing that is that you will be unable to remove icons from yourself or other targets in that case.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do you have any other addons that do icons? i know that addon is not the only one that has custom icons especially if your talking about addons people use for trials (some addons only focus on helping provide stuff for specific trials)

i dont personally use a lot of these addons, i dont feel like i really need them lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    do you have any other addons that do icons? i know that addon is not the only one that has custom icons especially if your talking about addons people use for trials (some addons only focus on helping provide stuff for specific trials)

i dont personally use a lot of these addons, i dont feel like i really need them lol

This too, yes - Hodor's is one of the popular ones that has custom icons, which can be disabled so at least you don't see them above players' heads.
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok might be the case. I have a few raid helpers. Ty. Will check out.

• AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I checked. These icons that I happen to see are apparantly the target icons for which I could bind keys. Although no keys are bound so maybe it is a bug or conflict with one of my addons.

I also have no idea how to activate the quick selection of these stock items...

cannot find anything in my keyboard settings...
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it is the addon there is a possibility that it could have saved the details in saved variables.

Odyssupporticons does save info in there.

Delete the saved variables from that folder and that may solve the issue.

Please let me know if this works :)
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyralbin wrote: »
    If it is the addon there is a possibility that it could have saved the details in saved variables.

saved variables doesnt do anything if the addon that uses the saved variable file isnt even installed
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I checked. These icons that I happen to see are apparantly the target icons for which I could bind keys. Although no keys are bound so maybe it is a bug or conflict with one of my addons.

It's via tab targeting. Pressing and holding tab will bring up a radial menu to add these. Selecting the same icon after it's been added to a target will remove it. Pressing and holding it and selecting an icon while not focusing another player or enemy will put it on yourself.
    Edited by sarahthes on February 29, 2024 6:56PM
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭

saved variables doesnt do anything if the addon that uses the saved variable file isnt even installed

I have had issues in the past were the data still affects the game even when the addon is turned off or deleted.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the in game default key for the target markers is holding the tab key (pulls up the wheel) and you use that to select the built in ones

you (or the player that has them on them) can remove them by using the wheel and going to the icon that they have

i dont know if addons that use icons themselves overwrite or just lay on top of the built in game icons, but there is no way to completely turn off the built in game target markers
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »

It's via tab targeting. Pressing and holding tab will bring up a radial menu to add these. Selecting the same icon after it's been added to a target will remove it. Pressing and holding it and selecting an icon while not focusing another player or enemy will put it on yourself.

Thank you! That could indeed be the case. In a frenzy I tend to miss keys I wanted to press and press another one instead, e.g. wanting to press q but hitting tab :D
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had issues in the past were the data still affects the game even when the addon is turned off or deleted.

Where do I find these saved variables?
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    @AnduinTryggva

In your documents library there should be a folder for ESO

Open that folder then open the folder for Savedvariables.

Then delete the Odys data.

Might not have any affect but no harm in trying.
  • Panthermic
    Panthermic
    ✭✭✭

Where do I find these saved variables?

C:\Users\**username**\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! You are awesome.