The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Combined Leaderboard

Solariken
Solariken
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Ever since BG matchmaking only allows for random game type, it makes no sense to have separate game type leaderboards.

Do you think it makes more sense to combine into one leaderboard that displays cumulative medal score?
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should redo the leaderboard system entirely. It has very little to do with actual success in a BG since the leaderboard only tracks cumulative score across the entire week. If you play a bunch of BGs, you'll be ranked highly on the board, even if you werent winning all your matches.

Add this to the fact that the medal system that the leaderboard tracks is poorly designed at best. You can easily get double the medal score of the next "best" person in the lobby and still be on the team that comes in last place - that shouldn't happen. I've even been on teams where the entire cumulative score on my team was far above the team that won the match. Score should be tied to the game type more. You should not be able to get first place without also having the highest medal score - redesign what actions give medal score.

But yes, I do agree that if we can't have split queues, we shouldn't have a split leaderboard. Referring to point one - if you have bad RNG and never get put into a DM, you won't be very high on the DM board because you won't have played as many games.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on December 6, 2023 2:27PM
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I do is BGs. I haven't looked at leaderboards in years.

It's only a summary of the players who spend the most time in game, not necessarily the greatest level of skill.
    Until it's a reflection of actual skill, not time spent - I have zero interest in it.
    CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brakkish wrote: »
    All I do is BGs. I haven't looked at leaderboards in years.

It's only a summary of the players who spend the most time in game, not necessarily the greatest level of skill.
    Until it's a reflection of actual skill, not time spent - I have zero interest in it.

If you're someone who plays a lot I'm sure you'd agree it would be nice to at least get some loot every week.
  • RitualSmoke
    RitualSmoke
    ✭✭✭
    each mode should only count your ten best scores to make it less of a who grinded the longest