The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Infinite Archive Zha'hass the Forgotten pillar issue

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
This boss has issues! I cannot tell you how many times I've used all my lives on this boss due to bad design. When the room goes darker you have a short amount of time to get to one of the four white circles on the edge of the room. That part works fine. The boss spawns a random pillar or two and then when he turns blue you have to get behind the pillar. That part has two issues. One is a good amount of time the pillar is on the EDGE of the portal, you have little room to get behind it and the other issue is a good portion of the time no matter where the pillar is even when you are behind it you still get one shot.

Another issue is sometimes the pillar mechanic is RIGHT after the circle one and you don't have enough time to get to a pillar. I've got the IA perk where you run faster and even then once in a while there's not enough time. This rarely happens but if the pillar is near the center of the platform you will die.

I got this boss yesterday on the first arc and died all four times due to the one shot bug even though I was behind the pillar. The bug appears to be random and sometimes it's just fine. I read up on this and it was brought up on the test server. It's making me just about to turn in my subscription as a while back I was hours into IA and got this boss and same thing. ZoS can you not fix this or change the mechanic so pillars do not spawn right on the edge and fix the bug part?

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This freaking happened once again today. Got to the fourth freaking arc ZERO ZERO deaths and this time the pillar popped on the edge of the room, not on the arc edge but in the corner where two little arcs meet. I took my time and tried to get behind the pillar and FELL OFF. The other deaths I was behind the dsfsdfd pillars and died all three times. This was pointed out on TEST. If you are going to have a thing that takes hours and lots of skill at least fix the bugs please. There are tons of recent posts on this on the forums and reddit.
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on February 19, 2024 10:07PM
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I get Forgotten the bugged I just leave. There is no point in even trying it just frustrates me.

If they won't fix it why on earth don't they just *remove* him. There are plenty of other bosses why why keep the bugged one?!?
    PS5/NA
    Options
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I read last night that the blast hits you for 38k health so if you load up on health you can survive it. I picked up two health sets and added health glyphs which got me up to 46k. If I get this boss I'll switch out to that and see how it goes. I'll post here if it works.
    Options
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happened to me. I was 100% behind the pillar and it killed me anyway. Every time. I'm shocked this hasn't been corrected this far along.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hardly even notice it being bugged, but usually if i encounter the boss before arc 6 on a dps toon i can burn it down before it even gets to a explosion phase (usually always experience at least one curse phase though)

and yes you can 100% survive the explosion if you have more than 39k max hp (if im going for a long run im usually on a tank character with 40k+ max hp)

as a dps toon, if its earlier than arc 5 or 6, i can burn it down before the explosion even occurs (ive killed the arc 1 or 2 zhajassa in under 20 seconds with the right offensive verses lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that did work, I got this boss last night and this time I had 5k health left after the pillar issue. Healed right up and kicked his butt. Thanks all. I kept track and I was behind the pillar however 2 out of 3 times I still got zapped. I am thinking th spot you hide in is smaller than the pillar, the one time i didnt get zapped I was exactly in the middle of the pillar. The other two I was behind it but not like right in the middle.

Of course right after that I ran into the Endling and died sigh. My fault though.
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on February 23, 2024 2:44PM
    Options
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never had problem with this boss and I play Infinite Archive alot, but highest Arc I meet him Solo is Arc 5 so dont know about higher Arcs.

I may have died sometime but thats because im chasing a Treasure Goblin and forget about the boss lol
    Edited by XSTRONG on February 23, 2024 3:20PM
    Options