The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Favorite Storm Atronach Mount

Shagreth
Shagreth
✭✭✭✭✭
I am happy to see the crates back, and I somehow managed to collect 400 gems over the years so this is a big purchase for me, so based on animations and overall look - which one is your favorite? I'm between Horse, Senche and Wolf for my sorc. I generally dislike horses, but this one looks damn nice imo.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bear
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the Harrowstorm bear mount count? if not I would like the Storm Atronach wolf mount.
    Edited by dragonlord500 on February 19, 2024 10:10PM
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    bear

The bears have a rocking feel to their movement that many dislike. I think senche ride the smoothest.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    I am happy to see the crates back, and I somehow managed to collect 400 gems over the years so this is a big purchase for me, so based on animations and overall look - which one is your favorite? I'm between Horse, Senche and Wolf for my sorc. I generally dislike horses, but this one looks damn nice imo.

Do you have other senche and wolf mounts? Make sure you like how they ride. You might also see if you can find videos online (or if you know people in game with the mounts, even better), to see if you have preferences regarding sound, idle animations, or other effects you might not think of until seeing it in action more closely.
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bears have always been my favorite model/appearance. I think they are the cutest. <3 So I do collect a number of bears.

However, I usually ride a Senche because they are the most pleasant ride for me as far as smoothness.

I also ride Wolves and Horses/Elks/Indriks, too. They are on the smoother side to me. But nothing is as smooth and pleasant to ride as a Senche.
    ->--Willow--<-
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bear

The bears have a rocking feel to their movement that many dislike. I think senche ride the smoothest.

i like the rocking feel.
    my favourite mount types are ursines and cervines

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have other senche and wolf mounts? Make sure you like how they ride. You might also see if you can find videos online (or if you know people in game with the mounts, even better), to see if you have preferences regarding sound, idle animations, or other effects you might not think of until seeing it in action more closely.
    I think Horses ride the siliest after the massive speed increase for mounts, I'll have to find some videos indeed, seeing it ingame would be best but it can't be helped. Many suggest bears but I generally dislike them.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    guar are fun too

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bear

^THIS! I actually was contemplating buying the Harrowstorm Bear, so I tried riding another bear mount to see how it felt, and it about made me sick to my stomach. I've primarily rode senche since forever because of how smooth the animation is, while most other mounts make me sick. I can tolerate a horse mount, and the bipedal mounts aren't bad either, the dwarven spider mounts are cool too, and there's another lizard mount that is smooth as well. However, most of the others, including canine, the animations are just too nauseating to use.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • thecatsme0w
    thecatsme0w
    ✭✭✭
    The senche, for sure!
    thecatsme0w
    PC/NA

Eventual goal: Own all the houses. Currently 4 short of that goal.
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guar or Senche.

Both I feel have a really nice motion and look good.

In general for me across the crates it's usually a senche first, then horse, then guar (if there is one), then I'm split between camel (if there is one) and wolf.

Not too keen on the others.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers. In the end I went for the Horse, horses just make.. sense. I'm boring lol

The heads all look cool imo, wish I could have them all.