The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is there a way to sort known furnishing plans at a crafting table?

IndyMike26
IndyMike26
✭✭
I’ve been collecting thousands of furnishing plans over the years to one day craft something. I’ve reached the day where I have the mats to craft housing items, but an unintended consequence of collecting so many is I can’t find what I want to craft while at a crafting table.

Is there a way on console to search for a specific plan or even a key word (i.e., bridge or table) to narrow the ones to choose from while at the crafting table?

Best Answer

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    harvey07 wrote: »
    Craftstore lets you search...but i think you have to click on each crafting skill....you can not just search for "breton" and get all breton. you must click on each profession skill after you filtered for "breton" and cycle through them.

Nope. You search "breton" and all breton plans will pop up. It's if you are looking through the lists that it filters it by only plan type.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
    Answer ✓
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish. Scrolling the lists every time is awful.

The addon Dolgubon's Lazy Crafter recently added a furniture module that appears to be searchable. But tbh I like the vanilla interface, only wish they would just add a search bar to it. It seems like such an easy update.
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    i need it too
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to put sub categories like they have in the housing decorating menu. So instead of opening Parlor and having everything in a jumbled pile, they would be sorted into subcategories such as Banners, Carpets, Tapestries etc..
    PCNA
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know there is an addon out there that allows to search it.

There should however be an implemented way to sort or filter . Particularly considering that some items are stored in a category one would not think of in the first place (stools in "workshop" category for instance).

Apart from a search field we would need the following:
    An interface that allows to filter furniture plans according to:
    - style (redguard, khajiit, ..., daedric, other)
    - type of furniture (table, cupboard, decoration, painting, chair, food, etc.)
    - craftable with available mats

It should have a preview (small separate window within the interface, not toggling screen) AND it should indicate at which crafting table it can be crafted.
  • Diebesgut
    Diebesgut
    ✭✭✭✭
    .. no addons on Playstation

scrolling a hundred years through everything 🧐

Khajiit Sicherheitsdienst ~ Überprüfung von Schlössern aller Art ~ Khajiit Security ~ Inspection of any kind of locks
    Khajiit Gebrauchtwaren ~ Handel mit Waren aller Art ~ Khajiit Store ~ Trading of any kind of goods
    Playstation
  • harvey07
    harvey07
    ✭✭✭
    Craftstore lets you search...but i think you have to click on each crafting skill....you can not just search for "breton" and get all breton. you must click on each profession skill after you filtered for "breton" and cycle through them.