Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

[Item Set] Nobility in Decay

Woodenplank
Woodenplank
✭✭✭✭
The Nobility In Decay set is still somewhat bugged.

Cooldown
The Cooldown reduction/Bone Tyrant ability slotted DOES NOT seem to work. The tooltip states that the base cooldown is 20 seconds, minus 2 seconds per Bone Tyrant ability slotted.
I tested this by slotting 3 Bone Tyrant abilies (should now be 20-6=14 seconds cooldown) and timing the set proc. with Spirit Guardian (6 seconds duration).
Even while spamming Scythe to proc. Nobility in Decay, 16 seconds of Spirit Guardian dissipated and I had to wait even further afterwards for the set to reactive. This to me implies that the cooldown remains at 20 seconds, irrespective of what abilities you slot.

I still think it's a decent set and I will continue to use it, but it does not work as advertised.

Tooltip
The tooltip needs a going over (see image for in-game state)
waciykx4aupe.png

For one thing it says "up to 0%". It does function as intended, as far as I can tell, working up to 12%, but the tooltip is obviously wrong.

Secondly, there's a broken line at the very start: Casting a Bone Tyrant ability while in combat grands you Death's Favor and for 16 seconds...
Which should have said "and Beautiful Corpse for 16 seconds..."

Furthermore, the bottom of the tooltip states that Death's Favor is consumed when using a corpse consuming ability, which is not true - this is the effect of the secondary Beautiful Corpse buff.
Again, the set actually works as it's supposed to: you get two separate buffs, and only the Beautiful Corpse buff is consumed by casting e.g. Necrotic Potency, with Death's Favor remaining in place.

tl;dr: Cooldown reduction is fake advertisement, and tooltip does not advertise how good the set actually is.

I think it is central to ESO's well-being to critique the developers when they change the game (or fail to change something).
But the negativity can be exhausting, so I vow to post 50/50 negativity and appreciation.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, they're making necro better next patch by removing the only ability nearly every Necromancer uses!
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think they just goofed the display, the "up to 0%" i think is dynamically adjusting based on your missing health, and its showing your current bonus instead of 12% (which would make more sense to read)

it should have a "current bonus" under the description to show what your actually getting from the dmg reduction

as you noted it is working, just the way its displayed in the description is not great
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i think they just goofed the display, the "up to 0%" i think is dynamically adjusting based on your missing health, and its showing your current bonus instead of 12% (which would make more sense to read)

it should have a "current bonus" under the description to show what your actually getting from the dmg reduction

as you noted it is working, just the way its displayed in the description is not great

The bonus is working, but the cooldown is not. The set has been broken since it was released.

And even if it was just a tooltip issue, that's still inexcusable since the class sets were one of the big features of the update, and the tooltip being bugged was reported during week 1 of the last PTS cycle.

In fact, there was even a patch note citing that this set was fixed, and despite players immediately reporting that it was not fixed, nothing was heard from the devs about this set again.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on February 13, 2024 5:19PM
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The bonus is working, but the cooldown is not. The set has been broken since it was released.

And even if it was just a tooltip issue, that's still inexcusable since the class sets were one of the big features of the update, and the tooltip being bugged was reported during week 1 of the last PTS cycle.

In fact, there was even a patch note citing that this set was fixed, and despite players immediately reporting that it was not fixed, nothing was heard from the devs about this set again.

i was only talking about the mitigation bonus lol

i agree that the set as a whole should be fixed
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • i11ionward
    i11ionward
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Nobility In Decay set is still somewhat bugged.

Cooldown
    The Cooldown reduction/Bone Tyrant ability slotted DOES NOT seem to work. The tooltip states that the base cooldown is 20 seconds, minus 2 seconds per Bone Tyrant ability slotted.
    I tested this by slotting 3 Bone Tyrant abilies (should now be 20-6=14 seconds cooldown) and timing the set proc. with Spirit Guardian (6 seconds duration).
    Even while spamming Scythe to proc. Nobility in Decay, 16 seconds of Spirit Guardian dissipated and I had to wait even further afterwards for the set to reactive. This to me implies that the cooldown remains at 20 seconds, irrespective of what abilities you slot.

I still think it's a decent set and I will continue to use it, but it does not work as advertised.

Tooltip
    The tooltip needs a going over (see image for in-game state)
    waciykx4aupe.png

For one thing it says "up to 0%". It does function as intended, as far as I can tell, working up to 12%, but the tooltip is obviously wrong.

Secondly, there's a broken line at the very start: Casting a Bone Tyrant ability while in combat grands you Death's Favor and for 16 seconds...
    Which should have said "and Beautiful Corpse for 16 seconds..."

Furthermore, the bottom of the tooltip states that Death's Favor is consumed when using a corpse consuming ability, which is not true - this is the effect of the secondary Beautiful Corpse buff.
    Again, the set actually works as it's supposed to: you get two separate buffs, and only the Beautiful Corpse buff is consumed by casting e.g. Necrotic Potency, with Death's Favor remaining in place.

tl;dr: Cooldown reduction is fake advertisement, and tooltip does not advertise how good the set actually is.

The set is broken and requires repair. Cooldown does not decrease for each bone tyrant ability slotted .
    Options
  • i11ionward
    i11ionward
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Please pass the link to this topic to the development team.
    Players spend a decent amount of time to get the necromancer set, it’s an unpleasant situation that it doesn’t work 100%.
    Options
  • i11ionward
    i11ionward
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems the cooldown reduction now works on live, but the ultimate ability does not count as an ability and does not reduce the set cooldown.

EDIT.
    NVM, this is difficult to test, but it seems that the ultimate is considered an ability and reduces the cooldown of the set
    Edited by i11ionward on April 20, 2024 8:19AM
    Options
  • Woodenplank
    Woodenplank
    ✭✭✭✭
    i11ionward wrote: »
    It seems the cooldown reduction now works on live, but the ultimate ability does not count as an ability and does not reduce the set cooldown.

EDIT.
    NVM, this is difficult to test, but it seems that the ultimate is considered an ability and reduces the cooldown of the set

Yes, I noticed as well. It has become a half-decent set, PVP wise.
    I think it is central to ESO's well-being to critique the developers when they change the game (or fail to change something).
    But the negativity can be exhausting, so I vow to post 50/50 negativity and appreciation.
    Options