The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Functional Houseguests Suggestions with mockups

Pixiepumpkin
Pixiepumpkin
✭✭✭✭✭
ESO housing is some of the best in the MMORPG genre, but there is always room (lol, pun, get it :smile: )to make housing more fun and engaging for players, resulting in increased revene for Zenimax.

I and many others would like to see added functionality to some of the current houseguests and a willingness by Zenimax to create fun and functional houseguests in the future.

Below are two mockups I created with suggestions/ideas to make the Keldora and Brahgas houseguests more functional in game.

Keldora would become a "bank" for food, drink and potion consumables. This would be in addition to the current functionality of the bank or players inventory. So, if a player chooses not to use the houseguest, there is no negative impact on their gamplay. However those who do choose to use the houseguest would see a mild gain in their personl and or bank inventories.

Brahgas would work like any NPC you currently engage with to play Tales of Tribute. He would offer the same rewards for winning and losing. This is a way to add functionality to a home and allow for casual NPC TOT gameplay.

exoy57wwlb6h.png
mxwudeyjlxuh.png

Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 22, 2024 6:15PM
"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
PC/NA
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oh that would be amazing!
    i would love being able to play Tribute with Brahgas, other houseguests as well perhaps.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya, I think it would be super cool. I thought that was going to be his function when I obtained the NPC, not gonna lie, I was a bit let down by them not implementing something so obvious.

"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love to play ToT with Brahgas in my houses, unfortunately I think it would never happen with any type of rewards given, too many people would hide away in their house and never leave, I know I would!!

Similar reason to why banker's don't give access to Guild stores, ZoS want their cities to look busy, if I could load my stores from my houses AND play ToT with rewards, seriously whole play sessions would see me never leave my home!! 😂
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see Keldora becoming a food/drink merchant, rather than a banker, as that doesn't require any extra database action. She'd need a bit of extra dialogue to handle it, but that would be nice on its own. She says less than ten words total right now.

Hopefully, they'll add houseguest interaction with furnishings at some point, so she can use a keg, or a cookpot, too.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Housing section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    I would love to play ToT with Brahgas in my houses, unfortunately I think it would never happen with any type of rewards given, too many people would hide away in their house and never leave, I know I would!!

Similar reason to why banker's don't give access to Guild stores, ZoS want their cities to look busy, if I could load my stores from my houses AND play ToT with rewards, seriously whole play sessions would see me never leave my home!! 😂

Naa, that is just fear. The amount of players who partake heavily in housing is miniscule. It would mostly affect those who already spend most of their time in homes. My wife and I play TOT together all the time in our homes.

Guild bankers for sure, that I agree on but because Brahgas is not tied to a daily or any in game event, he would be casually used....but still add the feeling of function to a home.

PC/NA
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Naa, that is just fear. The amount of players who partake heavily in housing is miniscule. It would mostly affect those who already spend most of their time in homes. My wife and I play TOT together all the time in our homes.

Guild bankers for sure, that I agree on but because Brahgas is not tied to a daily or any in game event, he would be casually used....but still add the feeling of function to a home.

Yes, I agree. This is often something raised as a reason why housing has to have limited options. There are plenty of things to do out in the world that NPCs with more function in houses wouldn't impact that to any meaningful degree, in my view.

I applaud your ideas, frankly. I think they are superb and reflect how I believe the NPCs could've been implemented. Instead of standing or walking around aimlessly, they would have a purpose to them and a reason to interact with them besides a one-liner.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »

Yes, I agree. This is often something raised as a reason why housing has to have limited options. There are plenty of things to do out in the world that NPCs with more function in houses wouldn't impact that to any meaningful degree, in my view.

I applaud your ideas, frankly. I think they are superb and reflect how I believe the NPCs could've been implemented. Instead of standing or walking around aimlessly, they would have a purpose to them and a reason to interact with them besides a one-liner.

Thank you.

I think the fear of people never leaving their homes is just that, fear and not really warranted. If the game was a housing game first, and it attracted mostly housing players, then sure I can see that, but ESO has so much going on that its not going to affect anything negatively in any meaningful way.

PC/NA
  • ThelerisTelvanni
    ThelerisTelvanni
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'd love to have a NPC guest to turn in Master Writs at my house. Or the guild hall^^ All the loading screen between the set tables or master crafting stations and getting some wirts done turning them in at a capital is often kind of painful.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I'd love to have a NPC guest to turn in Master Writs at my house. Or the guild hall^^ All the loading screen between the set tables or master crafting stations and getting some wirts done turning them in at a capital is often kind of painful.

Agreed. I hate doing master writs because of how long it take to get things done, running back and forth.

For a starter, they could let quests stack. Only allowing us to do one at a time is unnecessary.
    PC/NA