Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Question for tanks.

EhlarkAdsalor
EhlarkAdsalor
Soul Shriven
I don't do Trials and I occasionally do Vet dungeons, so please bear with me if this question seems ignorant.

I run one character only, a Necro healer, and I saw some people complaining about the Necro Colossus ultimate getting in the way of boss mechanics.

Should I be using a different DPS ultimate, like Meteor? Just trying to make sure I'm useful besides my heals/buffs/debuffs.

Thank you kindly.

Best Answers

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Colossus is more important for the major vulnerability. I’ve never heard a complaint about it. It might be less useful if the tank is wearing TT in a dungeon but if you PuG you can’t rely on that, so I’d definitely run colo.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
    Answer ✓
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are fights where the tanks need to see exactly what is going on to be able to respond correctly to mechanics and the colossus does get in the way. Fortunately, on PC we have a HideGroup addon that makes all group members and their effects invisible. It's a godsend for tanks. I wouldn't know how to properly tank Pinnacle factotum with a colossus and storm atros in my face on console. Those players must have developed superhuman vision.

EDIT: I can't think of any dungeons where this is a problem however.
    Edited by pelle412 on January 31, 2024 4:48PM
    Answer ✓
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only complaint I have heard about the colossus is from tanks if another player uses it without alerting the group first so they can prepare for it. Secondary complaint would be someone using the colossus without telling the group which causes another player to use their colossus at the same time.
    Answer ✓
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i havent heard people complain much about colossus because its only active for about 3 seconds

the biggest one i hear complaints about is maw of the infernal followed by storm atro lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time a player uses Maw somewhere a tank converts to a crafter. 😔